Playstation 4/Games/Stuff giveaway thread

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

What kind of contest would you like to participate in?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Art contest
14%
Trivia contest
14%
Random contest
57%
Other (Post in thread)
14%

Total votes: 14

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Playstation 4/Games/Stuff giveaway thread

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Writing contest.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15384&start=105#p827726
Re;Birth 2 offer.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15384&start=135#p833112

Spoiler:
I'll hold a contest sometime giving away prizes for Re;Birth 3 V Century. Later on, I'll likely do the same for Neptune VII. Prizes, eligibility, and contest details will be determined at a later date, however, feel free to use the poll or post in this thread for what you would like to see. Effective budget for this one will be about $1,000, so feel free to post a wish list or two.

*Note: Random contest is just a simple lottery to determine the winners by luck.

Spoiler:
The "random" contest will be held Sunday night, roughly an hour after I get home from work (11:45 PMish UTC-5).

The winners will be announced and immortalized in this post.

The drawing for the first prizes has been announced.
The winners in order are Seventh, SaturnineTenshi, kosmos, killer9i1994, shadowmaksim, and Florentine.
As NoireRulz isn't a fan of this series, his first place has been revoked. Any remaining prize will be transferred to the seventh place contestant.
I'm now hosting an art contest. See the thread for details.
Last edited by TheDefenderOfEarth on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Contest Thread

Postby Seventh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Unfortunately, while an art contest might produce awesome results, that'd also probably limit the amount of people who could participate here by quite a bit. :lol: Though maybe that's their fault for never learning how to draw! Like me, sob. On the other hand, trivia could potentially work, but with Google, wikis, and the like... Yeah. I'd say a lottery might be the best, but it's up to you to do what you think is the most fair. :geek:

On that note, and I should have started with this, that is insanely generous of you!

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:33 pm

I say a "Creative Contest"! Nothing specific, but is up to the creator to wow the judges. In other words, a free for all contest, meaning art and other stuff is included. Does that make sense?

Of course if you go that route, I sadly would be ineligible to enter that one. I'd simply win without any problem. 8-) :lol:
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Prinny Overlord wrote:Of course if you go that route, I sadly would be ineligible to enter that one. I'd simply win without any problem. 8-) :lol:

Humble, this one. :lol:

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 pm

I merely speak the possible truth Seventh. :D

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Prinny Overlord wrote:I say a "Creative Contest"! Nothing specific, but is up to the creator to wow the judges. In other words, a free for all contest, meaning art and other stuff is included. Does that make sense?

Of course if you go that route, I sadly would be ineligible to enter that one. I'd simply win without any problem. 8-) :lol:

Makes perfect sense. If "other" wins, I'll have a 1 day spinoff poll for every contest idea presented in the thread (up to 10 ideas). I'll personally abstain from voting and let you guys decide what you'd like to do.
Spoiler:

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
Prinny Overlord wrote:I say a "Creative Contest"! Nothing specific, but is up to the creator to wow the judges. In other words, a free for all contest, meaning art and other stuff is included. Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense. If "other" wins, I'll have a 1 day spinoff poll for every contest idea presented in the thread (up to 10 ideas). I'll personally abstain from voting and let you guys decide what you'd like to do.

As much as I'd like to leave things up to luck with the lottery, the only real way I might have a chance would be with the art contest :D (Or I get lucky and win the contest again). :lol:
Spoiler:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I chose random because that would make it fair for everyone. With that said, I may not end up competing in the V Century one anyway. I get two Christmas gifts of my choice this year (besides a few games gotten from sales) and I plan to make this game's Famitsu DX Pack one of them since it comes out so close to Christmas anyway. Now, if you happen to get your hands on that wall scroll of naked Nepgear going down on naked Plutia... ;)
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:I may not end up competing in the V Century one anyway.

You don't get to compete in either of them.
Spoiler:

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Lottery eh? Oh well means I can enter. Well technically I could enter if it was a random creation contest, but I'd feel bad. After all, I'd go all out and create a game. Now there is absolutely no reason to make one. 8-)

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Here's a few rules I should probably add.
1) You must be the age of majority in your country. I may require proof of this in the form of a government issued ID. I cannot under any circumstances provide any services to people who do not meet this one rule.

2) Your account must be older than this thread. This is to prevent people from creating bot accounts to unfairly skew the odds in their favor.

3) Here's a list of nations I can ship to. I'm offering this on a global scale now.
http://about.usps.com/publications/pub1 ... ice%20Only
If your country does not fall into this list, I might not be able to serve you.

4) The prizes offered might be illegal in your nation. If they're confiscated by your customs office, I cannot be held liable. This contest is void where it is prohibited by law. It is your responsibility to ensure that you may legally participate.

5) You may be required to declare these as winnings to a tax collection agency. You are responsible for any customs duties, VAT taxes, income taxes or any other possible fees. I will not charge anyone any amount of money for anything within the scope of this contest.

6) No personally identifiable information will be used beyond the scope of this contest. I will not agree to work with any law enforcement agency to provide information about you. I will not keep records of your name, address, phone number, or any other information past the sending phase. All personal data will be destroyed once it has served it's purpose.

7) I may amend these as I see fit, and that might be without notice.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:48 pm

How nice of you. Sharing with others, just because. I missed the last one that was held due to taking a leave from the forums but I'll try participating in this one.

Personally, I think a complete raffle would be the best bet since it gives everyone a fair chance of winning. Contexts, while can be fun and more interesting, are really biased towards the more skilled so some people will just always be left behind.Though that's probably just me trying to rationalize picking the option where I can actually win since I have very few talents.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:51 am

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:I may not end up competing in the V Century one anyway.

You don't get to compete in either of them.

Curse you, standard contest laws! :cry:
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 am

Random for sure. that way there's no hard feelings or anything when someone loses and someone wins, like a "Person B should have won! This isn't fair!" sort of situation.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

5UP3R1337N05C0P3
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby 5UP3R1337N05C0P3 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 am

Thank you for taking using your time and finances to create these contests.
I voted for "random" because I think it gives a fair chance to everyone.

But to try and incorporate another idea, I think it could be interesting if participants were required to submit their own Neptunia-related thing (picture, craft, story, food, ect..) before being entered in the random draw. Even if it is just something crude that takes a minute to make.

That way, the contest wouldn't particularly favor those with higher art skills, but it would still push people to express their feelings towards the franchise.
If your server asks if Coke is acceptable instead of Pepsi, it's only sensible to ask if Monopoly money would suffice as payment.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”