Playstation 4/Games/Stuff giveaway thread

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

What kind of contest would you like to participate in?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Art contest
14%
Trivia contest
14%
Random contest
57%
Other (Post in thread)
14%

Total votes: 14

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Free game giveaway thread + Re;Birth 2 offer

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:05 am

Here's a little bit of info on my game history. Keep this thread kicking.

Spoiler:
When I was around 13 I had gotten a hold of one of those cheaply made knock off consoles that had collections of really old games and such. It was just a controller that you would plug into the TV. Turn it on. And there you go.

It had a lot of games ranging from Balloon Fight, super Mario, Contra, and even some games I've never heard of that might have been on the Action 52. A total of probably 128 games, some IIRC being just color palette swaps of others already on there.

It was then that I found my way to what should have been Pac-Man. But it ended up being an experience that can only be described in one word.

SHIT.

It was bad. Trust me. This was the worst thing ever. Everytime I tried to move Pac-Man, when the game would start, it would go to shit and I'd find Pac-Man teleporting to the dead end of whatever direction I'd be going in with a ghost, 100% of the time, always being there as he teleports. It goes like so...

Game start.

Touch D-Pad.

Pac-Man teleports to dead end.

Ghost is aleady there.

Pac-Man dies.

This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm

kosmos wrote:Well, just keep us updated.
I'm still a bit conflicted at the moment since the moment I see that LE (They better have one), I'll have an insatiable need to have it. :lol:

I'll hand them out on a first come first serve basis, with the option to upgrade to a limited edition if I can buy more than one. I'll limit it to 5 US copies, and 5 copies for the rest of the world. Few limitations apply, so new members can also get a free copy. I'm accepting names as of now.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:17 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:I'll hand them out on a first come first serve basis, with the option to upgrade to a limited edition if I can buy more than one. I'll limit it to 5 US copies, and 5 copies for the rest of the world. Few limitations apply, so new members can also get a free copy. I'm accepting names as of now.

Very nice! If its possible would I be able to claim one of those international copies please? :mrgreen:
I would be eternally grateful, as I have said previously you are a wonderful person. :lol: :)

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Gradon wrote:Very nice! If its possible would I be able to claim one of those international copies please? :mrgreen:
I would be eternally grateful, as I have said previously you are a wonderful person. :lol: :)

Of course. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be buying it from, but I'll let you decide if you'd like the physical, digital or possible LE version of the game.
Spoiler:

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Huzzah! I have arrived! :D
♫Whenever there is a freebie in dire need of a home, I shall be there.♫ :lol:
Spoiler:

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 pm

kosmos wrote:Huzzah! I have arrived! :D

That leaves 8, 4 US, 4 international. I'm surprised more people haven't taken your initiative.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:

That leaves 8, 4 US, 4 international. I'm surprised more people haven't taken your initiative.

I'd be up for a US copy if you were offering. I just figured I was blacklisted because of how you responded to me trying to enter the contest from earlier.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 pm

I'd definitely love a copy of the game!
Of course if LE is an option, I'd love that too =D
I still need to get Re;birth 1 too, so it might be a while before I even get to playing it, though.
EDIT: Oh, international, btw, since I'm Dutch.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Nana
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Nana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi there!

I figure I'll probably catch a lot of flak for my first post being in this thread, so please don't hesitate to reject me. But I have been lurking on the forum for a while now, and I've been active on the #nisa IRC for a little over a year now.

That being said, I figure this is as good of a chance as any to join the forum. I love Gust games and NIS games, and have been curious about Compile Heart's stuff (and the neptunia games following the first one), but I wasn't too fond of the first game, and have been hesitant to check out their later work as a result, despite hearing them being much improved.

As a result, I really do want to jump in on this as an opportunity to get into the series, as it's something I definitely WANT to play, but wouldn't buy on my own. I'm located in the US and would love a physical copy, but not a limited edition. I think that would be asking too much.

So, I realize I'm probably not the best contender. BUT to make up for it, I do promise that if it turns out I don't like the game, I WILL send it free of cost to another interested forum member if they would like it more.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I apologize if this is a pretty scummy first post.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Well, since I'm already posting, welcome to the forums, Nana! :o

Well, I'm not throwing my hat in since I'm hoping to go for an LE if there is one, and since I haven't specified what I'd like from the History of Me yet (at this point I want to see what comes from the poll and then I think I can tell you, if that's okay?), jumping on another thing from you didn't seem fair. :lol:

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Nana wrote:I figure I'll probably catch a lot of flak for my first post being in this thread, so please don't hesitate to reject me.

I'd hope not, then it means they didn't read my post.
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Few limitations apply, so new members can also get a free copy.

I'll have to do some investigation on the other requests, so for now, I'll just say possibly 3 international, and 2 US copies left. Or 4 and 3. Or 5 and 5, I'm not really keeping track right now.
Spoiler:

Gamindustri
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Gamindustri » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Nana wrote:I figure I'll probably catch a lot of flak for my first post being in this thread, so please don't hesitate to reject me.

I'd hope not, then it means they didn't read my post.
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Few limitations apply, so new members can also get a free copy.

I'll have to do some investigation on the other requests, so for now, I'll just say possibly 3 international, and 2 US copies left. Or 4 and 3. Or 5 and 5, I'm not really keeping track right now.

It's nice to see people like you giving nice stuff to others :) I'm really jealous of that.
Lets be friends! If not, then please don't bite me....I'm not tasty .-.

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:20 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Of course. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be buying it from, but I'll let you decide if you'd like the physical, digital or possible LE version of the game.

Thank you very much Defender! :D
I would most prefer a physical copy. ^-^
I would love a limited edition but I would feel somewhat bad you would go out of your way to please me even more. :shock:

In fact, I would like to let you know how much of a massive help this is.
I wanted to get both Re;birth 2 and Noire but I wouldn't be able to afford both.
(Not sure if I can afford Noire yet, have to save my money)
So this is a massive help and I couldn't appreciate it more than anything else, so thank you! ~ :mrgreen:

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Gamindustri wrote:It's nice to see people like you giving nice stuff to others :) I'm really jealous of that.

A few of the people here tend to think I'm the devil or some form of proverbial boogeyman. I'm not certain what gives them that impression, but that's the way things are. :lol:
Gradon wrote:Thank you very much Defender! :D
I would most prefer a physical copy. ^-^
I would love a limited edition but I would feel somewhat bad you would go out of your way to please me even more. :shock:

You're welcome. We'll have to wait and see what IFI does, but things are looking good from their past Facebook posts.

CelticRedemption wrote:I'd definitely love a copy of the game!
Of course if LE is an option, I'd love that too =D
I still need to get Re;birth 1 too, so it might be a while before I even get to playing it, though.
EDIT: Oh, international, btw, since I'm Dutch.

I could have come to this conclusion much sooner if I had been paying attention, but I'll allow it.
vampko wrote:I just figured I was blacklisted because of how you responded to me trying to enter the contest from earlier.

I'm not particularly fond of people insulting me one day then expecting me to do them a favor the next.
Spoiler:

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm

So rather than talking over with your problems you lock the door on people that make you mad? What does that accomplish then?

Why not just move on then. Everyone has their lapses in judgment and good behavior.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”