Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
User avatar
ciddypoo
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby ciddypoo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 am

Are we talkin just CH, or the whole IF-CH entity? Not sure how far apart those two can be separated as far as the game development goes.

That said, Neptunia series at least seems to be taking some steps forward tech-wise, if not gameplay-wise. mk2 and Victory have relatively fast-paced action, though all IF/CH/etc games suffer from nasty repetition.

IMO, Neptunia looks like a pile of gold compared to previous IF stuff like Cross Edge and Trinity Universe. Those are terrible. The latter moreso; I'd probably put HDN1 on the same level as Cross Edge.

Still, I buy these games and will continue to buy them. I don't think they're great, and I'd find it hard to seriously recommend them to anyone, but I enjoy playing them personally. I was drawn to HDN by the character art, then fell in love with the character/seiyuu combos, and now I'm a fan that will just throw money at LEs of crappy idol simulation games and stuff. And I do so with enthusiasm.

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 am

Alice Twilight wrote:You're taking my complaints to heart Mr., if you're now trying to claim I post on 4chan as well as get everyone against me, you're like what? nearly 30? That's kids stuff. Sorry Neptunia is a touchy subject for you.

You're acting like Compile Heart reusing dungeons killed your parents and now you need to become Batman to avenge them. And I'm not trying to "get everyone against you." They were from the start, that should have been obvious the last time you were banned. No one in their right mind will ever side with a troll.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Beedlebud » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 am

The OP is basically why I stopped buying the games at full price. Not that I condemn anyone here for buying them day 1, but they're just not worth it to me.
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:21 am

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:You're acting like Compile Heart reusing dungeons killed your parents and now you need to become Batman to avenge them. And I'm not trying to "get everyone against you." They were from the start, that should have been obvious the last time you were banned. No one in their right mind will ever side with a troll.


I've been posting my problems with the games, I'm not trolling if they're legit issues.
You're trying to turn this thread around into whether or not I post on 4chan just because I've called Neptunia out on what it is, a series that recycles stuff endlessly Stop taking it so personally, I have problems with Compile Heart rehashing stuff, get over it geez.

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:26 am

Alice Twilight wrote:I've been posting my problems with the games, I'm not trolling if they're legit issues.
You're trying to turn this thread around into whether or not I post on 4chan just because I've insulted your precious moe games. Stop taking it so personally, I have problems with Compile Heart rehashing stuff, get over it geez.

They're not "legit issues" as you've brought up just one complaint. Resused assets. You beat that dead horse on 4chan, and they didn't care, so you brought it here just days later and still no one cares.
Image
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 am

Again I don't post on nepgen.
And yes I do think resuing stuff is a legitimate issue, as well as the other things like mediocre gameplay and music outside of OP/ED. Stop acting so booty flustered, I can tell you are, because you're bringing up stuff that's not even relative to this thread as a means to attack me.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Seventh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 am

Problem is, yeah, you've only brought up one single thing, and you've also ignored basically every response you've gotten in this thread. If you wanted to say your piece and not have a conversation or address the reasons why things you say might be the way they are, again, there are much better ways to do it than opening a thread you have no intention of actually taking part in. If you're going to continue to respond in this thread without engaging in it, but just repeating your own rehashed points that people responded to pages ago and trying to turn it into a personal thing when you say stupid things and it doesn't go your way (which, huh, sounds kind of familiar), then yes, you are trolling.

Even if that person on 4chan wasn't you that they were replying to, "get some new material" is very appropriate here.
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 am

Seventh wrote:Problem is, yeah, you've only brought up one single thing, and you've also ignored basically every response you've gotten in this thread.


Not Agreeing =/= Ignoring

Even if that person on 4chan wasn't you that they were replying to, "get some new material" is very appropriate here.


Dunno what else I'm supposed to complain about when the problems I have with Compile Heart or more specifically Neptunia are the blatant rehashing, mediocre gameplay, making me pay for things already in the game.

Are you saying you want me to look for new things to complain about?

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Again I don't post on nepgen.
And yes I do think resuing stuff is a legitimate issue, as well as the other things like mediocre gameplay and music outside of OP/ED. Stop acting so booty flustered, I can tell you are, because you're bringing up stuff that's not even relative to this thread as a means to attack me.

You do post there, no one believes you don't. Your singular complaint that this thread is based on is word for word the same as your posts on 4chan. You've reused this titular "issue" far more than Compile Heart has reused it's dungeons.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:10 am

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:Again I don't post on nepgen.
And yes I do think resuing stuff is a legitimate issue, as well as the other things like mediocre gameplay and music outside of OP/ED. Stop acting so booty flustered, I can tell you are, because you're bringing up stuff that's not even relative to this thread as a means to attack me.

You do post there, no one believes you don't. Your singular complaint that this thread is based on is word for word the same as your posts on 4chan. You've reused this titular "issue" far more than Compile Heart has reused it's dungeons.


Yeah, because I'm like the only person in the world who has a problem with what Neptunia does.
Good one m8, guess all those posts in gamefaqs are me too.

And no I don't, I'm not your new boogeymonster in nepgen.
You wanna know where I post? /u/, /y/ and Uboachan.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Seventh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:11 am

@Alice's reply to me (not home, don't feel like messing with quotes on my phone)
However, ignoring = ignoring, which you have done many times in this thread. Multiple points have been brought up in response to yours, your responses were typically like "Are you saying it's NOT objectively bad when it is???" or "You're just butt hurt" rather than actually addressing the vast majority of the things said here - which, by the way, just makes the people responding look more valid if you can't even manage a proper response to them.

You're saying the same things. You've said them and have made no attempt to actually have a conversation about them beyond repeating yourself. Your point, whatever it may be, isn't going to get any more made by you screaming and banging it on the wall like you are now. If you have nothing else to say, then just say nothing. We have seven pages of you repeating yourself now - enough is enough.
Image

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:14 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
Yeah, because I'm like the only person in the world who has a problem with what Neptunia does.
Good one m8, guess all those posts in gamefaqs are me too.

And no I don't, I'm not your new boogeymonster in nepgen.
You wanna know where I post? /u/, /y/ and Uboachan.

It's amazing how you still deny the fact despite that 4chan post being from January 9 and you starting this thread January 12. Get some new content already.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 am

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:It's amazing how you still deny the fact despite that 4chan post being from January 9 and you starting this thread January 12. Get some new content already.


It's amazing how you still keep making these claims, with little to no evidence.
Get some new content already.Right back at you.

@Seventh, I have the right to call someone butthurt when some 30 year old guy is going around saying I post on 4chan because I've insulted his video games.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Seventh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 am

You were saying that long before the conversation came to this, and if Defender has reason to think that, if it isn't you, then shouldn't that tell you maybe you might want to stray from giving people that impression in the first place? You did this all the time before - make comments that went over badly, then blamed everyone else for what you said.

In any case, this thread has long since lost whatever purpose it originally had, if it had one, so I'm gonna stop wasting my time.
Image

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Are Compile Heart games Japanese shovelware? w/ Bonus Q.

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 am

Seventh wrote:You were saying that long before the conversation came to this, and if Defender has reason to think that, if it isn't you, then shouldn't that tell you maybe you might want to stray from giving people that impression in the first place? You did this all the time before - make comments that went over badly, then blamed everyone else for what you said.

In any case, this thread has long since lost whatever purpose it originally had, if it had one, so I'm gonna stop wasting my time.


You were wasting your time the minute you started defending Compile Heart for selling content already in the game, possibly long before that. Also, you can blame Defender for getting a bit too upset over this sensitive topic for derailing it.

Also, I asked a simple question in the OP, pointing out my findings with CH games I played with a follow up asking what CH game has the most original content. That was the point.


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests