To the success of HDN

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Lady Nepgear
Vassal
Vassal

To the success of HDN

Postby Lady Nepgear » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 pm

When i first saw the first game in a jpn game magazine i thought to myself that looks cool, and when i finally got the EU release after many months of waiting i played it, and really enjoyed it and after beating it i thought to myself pretty good game, and that was it. I had no idea that this little unknown gem would turn into a popular franchise, and one of my favourite series which sprouted into 7 games with more on route + an anime + lots of merchandise. I am really proud to be both a HDN & a Nepgear fan, and to think if that jpn game magazine didn't come free with Newtype i probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this.
I love Nepgear. Favorite games Okami & HDN MKII.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: To the success of HDN

Postby Seventh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:06 pm

If I were a drinking man, I would drink to that.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Lady Nepgear wrote:When i first saw the first game in a jpn game magazine i thought to myself that looks cool, and when i finally got the EU release after many months of waiting i played it, and really enjoyed it and after beating it i thought to myself pretty good game, and that was it. I had no idea that this little unknown gem would turn into a popular franchise, and one of my favourite series which sprouted into 7 games with more on route + an anime + lots of merchandise. I am really proud to be both a HDN & a Nepgear fan, and to think if that jpn game magazine didn't come free with Newtype i probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this.

Amen. I saw the original game at my Gamestop, but didn't get it, but when Re;Birth 1 showed up for pre-order, I preordered it and fell in love with this series.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 pm

I can agree with this!

I had known about this series since 2011(year I got my PS3 as well), and did look up the 1st game....but at the time the cutesy anime style and the all girl cast turned me off. Fast forward to early 2013, I looked the games up again, and those things that turned me off actually drew me into wanting the games.

Gave the series a try and ended up loving everything about it, been a fan ever since. About 2-3 months after I got into the series is when I started buying the merchandise for it.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Draxzelex
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Draxzelex » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Ah, my success story is actually in two parts (disclaimer: posting this makes me feel like this'll turn into a how-did-you-get-into-Neptunia thread): I saw MK2, the Japanese copy for preorder, on play asia. now since we all know nepgear is THE waifu, had to look up the game and realized there was already one game out. after watching a complete playthrough, the comedy just won me over and been there ever since.

To relate things back to this thread, the references, parodies, and humor is something I feel this series which many others lacks which is one of the main reasons i still play. although, i feel like the jokes are just not as good as they used to. not that the current games have horribly bad writing, but the original had great dialogue

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:23 am

The Call of Duty of Japan.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 am

Spoiler:

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 am

Alice Twilight wrote:The Call of Duty of Japan.

I thought that was Tales?

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:

But I actually have fun playing Neptunia and Tales. (Mostly)

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:

I actually thought it was Final Fantasy or Persona 4 o.o
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 pm

I really won't go as far as to compare HDN to CoD, even if they release an HDN game every year. :?

Anyways, how I got into the series? Well, I started around the time MK2 was just about to be released in NA. I bought the very first HDN game for the PS3 cause I thought what I saw when I looked up gameplay videos were pretty interesting ;) . So, I played it and I was chuckling to myself multiple times as I noticed the amount of references I spotted as I played :lol: . I didn't mind how slow the combat was and I didn't mind the fact that it reused enemies and dungeons.

When I encountered the other goddesses as the story unfolds, I've always thought Blanc was a spoiled bitch, but then when I figured out why she was acting that way and I learned more on how she acts in general, she just went straight to being my main favorite in this franchise. The other games in the franchise helped me keep Blanc as the main :lol: . Anyways, fast forwarding through out the years as HDN started getting more noticed in the West with more games getting localized, I continued to get them and enjoyed each of them overall. I certainly don't regret looking into this franchise. I really got a kick out of this series :lol: .

While I do know other people here and other places will say otherwise about this franchise, that's fine, more power to you in that department :) . This is my opinion and I'll stay true to it while understanding why these people don't like this franchise overall.
Spoiler:

Draxzelex
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Draxzelex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:11 pm

When the Neptunia franchise splits into three and releases a game every year, we can start comparing it to COD :lol:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Draxzelex wrote:When the Neptunia franchise splits into three and releases a game every year, we can start comparing it to COD :lol:
Yearly releases doesn't mean much given these aren't nearly on the same scale. They were already yearly before the gap between V and V-II.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”