Highschool DxD and Neptunia Crossover! [Vita]

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Highschool DxD and Neptunia Crossover! [Vita]

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

http://ddnf.jp/neptune/v2/

Not sure how title the subject, but this'll work fine.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Highschool DxD and Neptunia Crossover! [Vita]

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

So this game series is now just leeching off of other anime just to add in more waifus that don't need to be in this series and could be or already are in another?

God damn it. I think this series is running dry of ideas. VII had some interesting things. But god. I think that's like the peak of it for now.

I really don't want to see his made. If you do, and it is, good for you. But I just don't see the value. Not unless it's a multiple series using and goes Smash style. WITHOUT THE MASS AMOUNTS OF FEMALE PRESENCE. Cause I don't care to see a bunch of ecchi females beating each other up and stripping each other. Neptunia U gives us that.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:52 pm

No, the series is collaborating with something else. It's hardly anything new. From the very first game, that has been a core part of the series. What's more, it's not even the first thing like this.

Actually looking at it, it looks like the actual collaboration itself is primarily happening in the DxD game anyway.

From what I can tell, the DxD girls are going to be cosplaying Neptunia VII characters in an already existing DxD Vita title. That's it. I can't even see if anything is happening on the Neptunia side of things, someone else will have to clarify that, but it's hardly something worthy of a fit like that.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:58 pm

The first game was the first game. It had more a feel of using original characters first. Then MK2 introduced more. Victory did the same. But now it seems they just rehash the same ones with the spin offs, or just make useless characters that hardly do anything other than be party fodder. Noires game is my biggest offender. IT BROUGHT IN 22 NEW CHARCTERS IIRC. That's a lot for a semi dating sim game like that one. And Nep U is literally stip ur favorite characters extraordinaire. And it seems like Blancs game is following the same style of gameplay that I saw on Nep U.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:09 pm

I have no idea what point you're even trying to make at this point. As of now, all we are talking about is DxD characters cosplaying Neptunia ones - not even a new game. It's no different from how Evangelion appeared in Puzzles and Dragons for a little while.

Also, characters being "party fodder" actually isn't that strange for an SRPG. I mean hell, Disgaea's done it, and it doesn't even need to do it.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Seventh wrote:I have no idea what point you're even trying to make at this point. As of now, all we are talking about is DxD characters cosplaying Neptunia ones - not even a new game. It's no different from how Evangelion appeared in Puzzles and Dragons for a little while.

Also, characters being "party fodder" actually isn't that strange for an SRPG. I mean hell, Disgaea's done it, and it doesn't even need to do it.

With disgaea, at least the majority of the party fodder isn't taking up writing space for written material. Meaning not everyone in the party or party fodder is a main character. So it saves room for writing for the characters most are expected to pay attention to. With Noire's game, I just couldn't stand to really care about the story when they were talking past that they're Noire's new group of friends.

And it is kind of different. If it's not a game that is. If it is, then it might be like that for the comparison between Puzzles and Dragons. But you yourself said you don't even really comprehend what this is about. But like I said "IF it's a game" I'd hope more that it's a fighting game like Smash brothers is. Using multiple series and avoiding the whole strip aspect that Neptunia U had.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:28 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:Noires game is my biggest offender. IT BROUGHT IN 22 NEW CHARCTERS IIRC. That's a lot for a semi dating sim game like that one. And Nep U is literally stip ur favorite characters extraordinaire. And it seems like Blancs game is following the same style of gameplay that I saw on Nep U.

Uh...what?

I mean, yeah, I agree that after "MK2", the games have been squandering their side-characters but some of your assertions seem to be a bit off.

"Hyperdevotion Noire" barely had any dating sim elements. At most, it was only with Noire and even then it was extremely light. Buy furniture and you'll occasionally get a couple of events with her...that's it. If anything, it's "PP" that's even remotely close to being a dating sim.

"Neptunia U", while it has the feature, wasn't just about "stip ur favorite characters". If anything, going for it was more counteractive since you don't want to be getting hit and potentially losing quests. Though if you did survive, you got your EXE gauge filled along with an increased crit rate so at least there's more to it mechanically. Not to mention the game gives you the option to turn that feature off completely if you want to.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:35 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:And it is kind of different. If it's not a game that is. If it is, then it might be like that for the comparison between Puzzles and Dragons. But you yourself said you don't even really comprehend what this is about. But like I said "IF it's a game" I'd hope more that it's a fighting game like Smash brothers is. Using multiple series and avoiding the whole strip aspect that Neptunia U had.
No, I already said that as of now, all this is is that Neptunia stuff is showing up in a DxD game on Vita. I think the event is actually happening like right now, even.

What I don't know is if Neptunia is doing more with it than that. I'm guessing no, but who knows? It's highly likely it won't considering other collaborations of this nature. Marvy might get a DxD costume since Marvelous does the DxD game if she comes back, I suppose, or maybe the third new DLC VII character is Highschool DxD-chan or something, but yeah, I don't know if something is happening on Neptunia's end - DxD is having the thing it's having though, and it's very possible that that's all this is.

And that aside, the strip aspect is probably going to be a thing if DxD is involved. Especially since Marvelous is too. Like, it doesn't even matter what the other IP. Neptunia, Dead or Alive, it does not matter one bit. People are going to be getting naked.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Seventh wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:And it is kind of different. If it's not a game that is. If it is, then it might be like that for the comparison between Puzzles and Dragons. But you yourself said you don't even really comprehend what this is about. But like I said "IF it's a game" I'd hope more that it's a fighting game like Smash brothers is. Using multiple series and avoiding the whole strip aspect that Neptunia U had.
No, I already said that as of now, all this is is that Neptunia stuff is showing up in a DxD game on Vita. I think the event is actually happening like right now, even.

What I don't know is if Neptunia is doing more with it than that. I'm guessing no, but who knows? It's highly likely it won't considering other collaborations of this nature. Marvy might get a DxD costume since Marvelous does the DxD game if she comes back, I suppose, or maybe the third new DLC VII character is Highschool DxD-chan or something, but yeah, I don't know if something is happening on Neptunia's end - DxD is having the thing it's having though, and it's very possible that that's all this is.

And that aside, the strip aspect is probably going to be a thing if DxD is involved. Especially since Marvelous is too. Like, it doesn't even matter what the other IP. Neptunia, Dead or Alive, it does not matter one bit. People are going to be getting naked.

I meant if the game was going to be that Smash like game I mentioned. With Dxd alone or with Dxd and something else, yeah. It probably would. But I didn't mean DxD by itself or only with one other thing.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm... really not sure what you're talking about. Did you not click the link?

In the game, and yeah it's right now looking at it, Highschool DxD New Fight, there are Neptunia VII outfits for DxD characters. There is no "if," we are not talking about a hypothetical game (though we do have a thread for those).

Neptunia VII and that Vita game are having a collaboration - at this very second, in fact. It's hosted on the New Fight page, so it doesn't sound like any new game is coming of it, so at best, VII or some other Neptunia game down the road might get DxD-related content, though considering this game has had quite a few collaborations with series before where it was only one way (I've yet to see any DxD characters or mentions in Senran Kagura despite them having a similar collaboration last year), I think this is it.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Seventh wrote:I'm... really not sure what you're talking about. Did you not click the link?

In the game, and yeah it's right now looking at it, Highschool DxD New Fight, there are Neptunia VII outfits for DxD characters. There is no "if," we are not talking about a hypothetical game (though we do have a thread for those).

Neptunia VII and that Vita game are having a collaboration - at this very second, in fact. It's hosted on the New Fight page, so it doesn't sound like any new game is coming of it, so at best, VII or some other Neptunia game down the road might get DxD-related content, though considering this game has had quite a few collaborations with series before where it was only one way (I've yet to see any DxD characters or mentions in Senran Kagura despite them having a similar collaboration last year), I think this is it.

Then look at the first post I made. I mentioned IF IT WAS A GAME COLLABORATION. What's there to understand?

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm

The Neptunia franchise and the people who work on it are bigger sellout's than KISS.
Whatever gives them money to put out a new game nearly every week.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:The Neptunia franchise and the people who work on it are bigger sellout's than KISS.
A franchise made partly from collaborations since its inception doing a new collaboration is not in any way comparable selling out.

If anything, it's business as usual considering it's not like Neptunia hasn't done stuff with Marvelous before.

Really, this culture gamers have developed where all forms of success are treated as "milking" and "selling out" are the problems here.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:05 pm

I really don't see what's the point of raging at this. And it's mostly stuff in Marvelous game, from what I read. It's even timed (ten days, around).

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Seventh wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:The Neptunia franchise and the people who work on it are bigger sellout's than KISS.
A franchise made partly from collaborations since its inception doing a new collaboration is not in any way comparable selling out.

If anything, it's business as usual considering it's not like Neptunia hasn't done stuff with Marvelous before.

Really, this culture gamers have developed where all forms of success are treated as "milking" and "selling out" are the problems here.

Technically selling out is just a word for collaborating. But when it's all the games seem to do as a massive crutch to some people, it's not that great to look at as a virtue.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”