DLC Questions

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
goldenwitch
Geo Master
Geo Master

DLC Questions

Postby goldenwitch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:38 pm

If I am not mistaken, NISA has confirmed that the DLC will be released, right? Well, I have a few questions regarding the character DLC.

First off, how much do people think it is going to cost? How much did it cost per character? Because if there are 4 characters to download the DLC for, anything more than $5 per character would make it over $20, just to add more characters. I really really want them, but I just don't have the extra money when I already spent $60 on the game. Hope they aren't too expensive. Anyone know how much they cost in Japan? Might give some idea as to how much they will cost here.

Second, how does the Character DLC work? Is it an extra quest that ends with the character joining you or does it just add them to your party? Do these characters ever get any lines in other missions or stories or does everyone pretend they are not there outside of battle?

Third, what other kind of DLC is there? I know there are 4 free extra missions up on PSN now, but looking at the Japanese PSN (which I can't read), there seems to be so much stuff there. A lot of it costs money, but some of it is free. Anyone have any idea what these things are? How much the paid ones cost? What stuff is free? etc.

And finally, of course, does anyone know any estimated dates as to when we are getting the DLC? XD
http://www.nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2293

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: DLC Questions

Postby Rednal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm

1) Probably... not TOO much. We hope. XD; Don't forget, they probably needed to get VA work done for the DLC-only characters, so that might up the price a bit... but I think that RED and 5pb are the only DLC-only ones (not counting 5pb's radio show...), so the extra bits shouldn't be too much.

2) I think it's extra quests with the character joining you at some point... maybe halfway through?

3) Pretty sure it's items, missions, the usual stuff.

4) I think NISA said we could expect weekly updates, so probably every Tuesday?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Rednal wrote:1) Probably... not TOO much. We hope. XD; Don't forget, they probably needed to get VA work done for the DLC-only characters, so that might up the price a bit... but I think that RED and 5pb are the only DLC-only ones (not counting 5pb's radio show...), so the extra bits shouldn't be too much.

NISA and Gust are also DLC-only, IIRC.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Actually, I think they show up in the game normally; they're on the box, after all. And in the artbook. While I don't think they're playable in your party without the DLC, I'm pretty sure they're already voiced, so whatever scenarios they may have probably weren't too hard to record, since they would already have a VA for the characters.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Azuremoon
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Azuremoon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Well in the japanese psn store 5pb and red are 600 yen each , which equates to close to ... 7-8 dollars?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Red and 5Pb are weird exceptions (600 yen each)

GUST and Nippon Ichi-chan were only about 250 yen each.

Plus, stuff in japan is more expensive than here.

There's a swimsuit costume for each character (350 yen each). A bunch of accessories for the characters (100 yen each). Santa hats for everyone (200 yen, it's a pack) Winter costumes for the three main characters (300 yen each). A bunch of themes (200 yen each). And then a bunch of quest (free)/item (150 yen each) packs.

For NISA and GUST, they are a part of the normal story. Though, I don't exactly understand how the DLC for them works. Sorry.

For Red and 5PB they do have their own story and dungeons that come with them. I'm sure you have to go through a dungeon to get them.

We will get DLC updates each week until we have all the DLC.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

goldenwitch
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby goldenwitch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 pm

vampko wrote:Red and 5Pb are weird exceptions (600 yen each)

GUST and Nippon Ichi-chan were only about 250 yen each.

Plus, stuff in japan is more expensive than here.

There's a swimsuit costume for each character (350 yen each). A bunch of accessories for the characters (100 yen each). Santa hats for everyone (200 yen, it's a pack) Winter costumes for the three main characters (300 yen each). A bunch of themes (200 yen each). And then a bunch of quest (free)/item (150 yen each) packs.

That's all decently priced stuff, but it is gonna add up to a lot of money. Hopefully they don't wind up charging too much for the characters $3 each would be awesome, but $5 each is the maximum they can go without me getting annoyed.

It seems like if I wanted to get all the DLC, it'll wind up being as much as the game itself. This is the problem I have with DLC. I don't really mind it generally, but when it's stuff that could have easily been implemented into the final game just as easily, and it all adds up to another $60 or so, it gets on my nerves. You wind up paying like $120 for content that would have been included on the $50 disk back in the previous eras.

Not that this is NISA's fault or anything, it's just an annoyance I have with gaming in general these days. But I definitely do like extra content, and some companies do DLC very well.

For NISA and GUST, they are a part of the normal story. Though, I don't exactly understand how the DLC for them works. Sorry.

As far as I know they are part of the story, but they don't join your party without the DLC. I wonder how it winds up working... guess I'll find out when it comes out.

We will get DLC updates each week until we have all the DLC.

Awesome. Great news. Thanks a lot for all the info.
http://www.nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2293

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, I ended up paying $140 for my copy of Neptune. So, the DLC will have a hard time being worth as much as I paid :lol:
Spoiler:
Tales of Graces F is HORRIBLE on DLC. Waaaay too expensive. Vesperia's expensive, but you can get tons of costumes without ever touching the DLC. On Graces F...there's not much
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Remember the good ol' days when you could earn extra characters and costumes by doing in-game tasks?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 pm

LAMV wrote:Remember the good ol' days when you could earn extra characters and costumes by doing in-game tasks?

There are still games that follow this way of thinking. But, those days have gotten less. As long as the prices aren't too bad, it's not that bad of a thing.

Basically, if you wanted all the characters it would be : 1500 yen. Which is about $16. Then, if you wanted all the costumes, it would be : 3100 yen, which brings us up to 4,600 yen. Then, you have all the accessories, which is another 3000 yen. So, we're at 7,600 yen now. The santa hats bring it up another 200 yen. We're at 7,800 yen now. If we want to be silly, we'll add in every theme, which is another 4000 yen. That brings the total up to 11,800 yen. Which is roughly $142 when converted. About as much as I paid for Neptune xD But, I wouldn't be getting all of this anyways. Since I would only want two themes maybe. which would take the price down 3600 yen. So, we would have 8,200 yen total. Which would be roughly $99. Even then, I wouldn't want most of the accessories. And wouldn't get costumes for Vert or Compa.

But, 11,800 yen would be the price of all the stuff minus the item packs. With the item packs...4200 yen is added. Bringing the total up to 16000 yen. Roughly $193. CRAZY.

Thankfully, the item packs are unnecessary, and the quest packs are free.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 pm

I've got two... semi-related questions:

Do we know if any more company characters are coming out in Japan eventually, or are the four now it? I know most people are boo to DLC, but... come on, they're personified companies. Can you blame me for wanting more?

Second-- What are the chances of getting Neptunia avatars?

Azuremoon
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Azuremoon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:05 am

Seventh wrote:I've got two... semi-related questions:

Do we know if any more company characters are coming out in Japan eventually, or are the four now it? I know most people are boo to DLC, but... come on, they're personified companies. Can you blame me for wanting more?

Second-- What are the chances of getting Neptunia avatars?

Well I can't answer your first one , which of course i'd love to see but have no idea on what other companies they share ties with. The second one well i don't think i saw any neptunia avatars on the japanese psn so it'll be unlikely that we will get it unless the jp psn store gets one too.

usbmindlink
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby usbmindlink » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 am

I'm just hoping the character DLC is the next wave we get added to the PSN store. The way I am, I have a hard time reconciling the issue that I'm going through the game with a totally incomplete party (Yes, I know, they're "bonus" characters, but it doesn't FEEL that way). Costumes and items just don't really hold any sort of meaning to me compared to an entire playable character, no matter how cute those costumes may be.

I'm well aware that I could simply just stop playing until that particular DLC is out, but that breeds its own form of frustration. And if I don't stop and the characters are released too far down the line and I've already finished and moved back into my game backlog, or if I'm still playing but the DLC characters don't sync to my party level or at least close to it, then as childish as it sounds, that'll put a massively bad taste in my mouth over the whole experience, having paid for something near-to-useless without a restart or just the feeling of having missed a big chunk of the experience altogether.

Apologies for all the negativity, the whole DLC issue as a whole really sours me on one of my few hobbies for a variety of reasons.
ImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:16 am

Neptune is done. No more DLC is planned, and it's likely IF/Compile Heart are working away at their next game, and won't ever do another thing for Neptune.
Spoiler:

Dark Hope
Majin
Majin

Postby Dark Hope » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 am

NISA and Gust join the party as "support only" which means they don't fight...until you buy the DLC anyways. They even have their equipment and R/W disc items, you just can't use them yet. Currently lv.50 and haven't seen any additional characters after you pick up IF. The other 3 goddesses are a possibility, but so far it's looking like they don't want to join your party, even when you ask them. I found processor units called "Lowee" in level 70 and 80 dungeons on Lowee, but Neptune can't equip them...so...white heart maybe? If I get that far tonight I'll let you know.
Click your favorite!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”