Great job, great dub!

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Great job, great dub!

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Hero wrote:
vampko wrote:It's because Atlus USA was the one who did Disgaea HoD, so it was their studio, and their va's.

mind clarifying this, because it sounds like you think Atlus has their own recording studio and stable of voice actors :lol:

Well, each company probably has Voice actors they prefer to use. And, like I said before, I'm sure it had to do with union/non-union, which tends to be the majority of problems with voice actor switches. Since NISA was just starting, that's probably why they went with Michelle Ruff, who is someone that will do non-union work.

I said that thing about 'studio's and va's, because it's very common to see the same Voice cast for every game from a company. Not necessarily the entire cast, but it is common to see the same ones get recurring roles. So it's more of a 'favorites' thing probably. And, of course, the union issues.

Was that more clear? Or did I muddle it up even more? :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Hero
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Hero » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 pm

yeah i figured that's what you meant but i wanted to make sure ;)

Nirvana
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Nirvana » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 pm

vampko wrote:I like Michelle Ruff's rendition better :)

It's because Atlus USA was the one who did Disgaea HoD, so it was their studio, and their va's. And, Kim is probably union. Either way, I like Michelle Ruff better, so I am quite fine with things the way they went ~
Actually....it's was PCB Productions that worked on the English dub for Disgaea...says so in the credits. :geek: All Atlus did was localize the game and chose the studio to work on the translation and dub.
PSN ID: ParadigmDREAD

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:04 pm

PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Nirvana wrote:
vampko wrote:I like Michelle Ruff's rendition better :)

It's because Atlus USA was the one who did Disgaea HoD, so it was their studio, and their va's. And, Kim is probably union. Either way, I like Michelle Ruff better, so I am quite fine with things the way they went ~
Actually....it's was PCB Productions that worked on the English dub for Disgaea...says so in the credits. :geek: All Atlus did was localize the game and chose the studio to work on the translation and dub.

I said Atlus' studio. Just like NISA has a studio they normally use. I never specifically said Atlus actually did the dub themselves.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Justice Prinny!
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Justice Prinny! » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am

I always use the english voices in Nisa games, don´t know why... but I kinda like how they dub games.

But I must tell you that I was really impressed with Neptunia, they did an AMAZING job! Really I'm having so much fun with this game by the conversations alone, Neptune is great in my opinion, the girl that did her dub was great! :geek:
Lady White Heart *o*
Don´t call me that!
Should I call you "whiteypoo" then? :3

Justice kick!

Aenu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Aenu » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 am

To be honest, I started playing with the English voices but I'm already too accustomed to Japanese seiyuus. But Neptune is definitely one of the better dubbed games I've played.
Come on, dood!

Jink565
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Jink565 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:16 pm

The English dubbed for this game is great! yeah i agreed. All the voice actresses did a pretty good job in this game.

Neptune: Melissa Fahn - She did excellent job to play as Neptune. I especially like her battle quotes. My favorite battle quote is when she says "No Running!" that one i like so much for some reason.
Compa: Cristina Vee - It was a great choice for her to do Compa . I have to admit, she has a nice voice unlike the japanese voice actress for Compa.
IF: Kate Higgens - It was a good choice. Not bad at all.
Gust: Danielle Judovits - She did an excellent job to do Gust.
Nisa: Michelle Ruff - Great job to play as Nisa. OMG her voice as Nisa is so great, i love it.
Blanc/White Heart: Wendee Lee - Good choice. Not bad at all. Especially with her attitude.
Noire/Black Heart: Erin Fitzgerald: Great Choice for her to do Noire. I especially like that transformation quotes scene. It made me laugh so much lol. Great job.
Vert/Green Heart: Tara Platt - Great Choice. at first when i saw her name that she is the person to play as Vert, i thought it would be a bad choice because she play as Temari from Naruto, but boy i was wrong. She use her light voice to play as Vert. It was good. I like her light, peaceful voice. It's so nice. but i also like her regular voice as well. Well I like her voice period. Great job.
Historie: Stephanie Sheh - Not a bad choice. She did a pretty good job for her to do Historie
Arfoire: I don't know who does her, but it's not bad.

Overall: Great game with Great dub
Last edited by Jink565 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Jink565 wrote:The English dubbed for this game is great! yeah i agreed. All the voice actresses did a pretty good job in this game.

Neptune: Melissa Fahn - She did excellent job to play as Neptune. I especially like her battle quotes. My favorite battle quote is when she says "No Running!" that one i like so much for some reason.
Compa: Cristina Vee - It was a great choice for her to do Compa . I have to admit, she has a nice voice unlike the japanese voice actress for Compa.
Nisa: Michelle Ruff - Great job to play as Nisa. OMG her voice as Nisa is so great, i love it.
Blanc/White Heart: Wendee Lee - Good choice. Not bad at all. Especially with her attitude.
Noire/Black Heart: Erin Fitzgerald: Great Choice for her to do Noire. I especially like that transformation quotes scene. It made me laugh so much lol. Great job.
Vert/Green Heart: Tara Platt - Great Choice. at first when i saw that it was her that's play as Vert, i thought it would be a bad choice because she play as Temari from Naruto, but boy i was wrong. She use her light voice to play as Vert. It was good. I like her light, peaceful voice. It's so nice. but i also like her regular voice as well. Well I like her voice period. Great job.
Historie: Stephanie Sheh - Not a bad choice. She did a pretty good job for her to do Historie

How did you find out who the VAs are?

Jink565
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Jink565 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

LAMV wrote:
Jink565 wrote:The English dubbed for this game is great! yeah i agreed. All the voice actresses did a pretty good job in this game.

Vert/Green Heart: Tara Platt - Great Choice. at first when i saw her name that she is the person to play as Vert, i thought it would be a bad choice because she play as Temari from Naruto, but boy i was wrong. She use her light voice to play as Vert. It was good. I like her light, peaceful voice. It's so nice. but i also like her regular voice as well. Well I like her voice period. Great job.

from the wikipedia
Last edited by Jink565 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ajay154
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ajay154 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 pm

i played most of the game with subs because i assumed that it would be bad (the trailer made me think that way, it just didnt sound good to me when i watched it), but when i swithced to english i just couldnt switch it back.
Spoiler:

Greene
Majin
Majin

Postby Greene » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:41 am

The way Neptune said "That's a capital offence, with a capital O," had me rolling.

The dialogue in this game is funny as heck!
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Jink565 wrote:
LAMV wrote:

from the wikipedia

I swear Neptune sounds so familiar but I haven't seen anything her VA has voiced in. :|

And ajay154 has the best avatar on the forum!
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Jink565
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Jink565 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 pm

lordryo wrote: I swear Neptune sounds so familiar but I haven't seen anything her VA has voiced in. :|

did you check the wikipedia? if you didn't, here's the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Fahn

Just scroll down and you will see which anime and video game person/people she voice as. There, you will also see that she play as Neptune/Purple Heart.
Last edited by Jink565 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Jink565 wrote:
lordryo wrote: I swear Neptune sounds so familiar but I haven't seen anything her VA has voiced in. :|

did you check the wikipedia? if you didn't, here's the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Fahn

Just scroll down and you will see which anime and video game person/people she voice as. There, you will also see that she play as Neptune/Purple Heart.

Motherfucking Anise Tatlin! That's why she sounds so damn familiar! I played Tales of the Abyss like 100 times, I can't believe I didn't recognize it sooner!
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”