Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Neptunia Merchandise Thread

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
My1xT wrote:links are down.

Sorry about that >_> Should be fixed now!

Also, hi Magician, this our first time meeting, but I have to say after reading some of this thread, I'm very impressed at your collection. It's just...amazing. :D

Anyway, that's a nice Next Purple, seen it floating around but never grabbed it.

It's a pleasure to meet you and thanks! Looking back on it I probably went overboard but I have no regrets.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
It's a pleasure to meet you and thanks! Looking back on it I probably went overboard but I have no regrets.

Good to hear that. Have you lost interest in collecting? Or just have other important commitments? Regardless, hopefully the series is still enjoyable for you. Wish I could have been into Neptunia a couple years back. Better late then never, I suppose. ^^

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:

Good to hear that. Have you lost interest in collecting? Or just have other important commitments? Regardless, hopefully the series is still enjoyable for you. Wish I could have been into Neptunia a couple years back. Better late then never, I suppose. ^^

There's a couple of variables at stake. Primarily lack of space. I'm having to store some figs and several tapestries in closets in the meantime. If I had more space I'd consider a few other items in still after. I also have some other money hungry hobbies such as minis gaming.

It's enjoyable to me, take what you will of that. I've never been big into it and have always criticized it; however, it's something I come back to whenever I happen to find time.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:53 am

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:

There's a couple of variables at stake. Primarily lack of space. I'm having to store some figs and several tapestries in closets in the meantime. If I had more space I'd consider a few other items in still after. I also have some other money hungry hobbies such as minis gaming.

It's enjoyable to me, take what you will of that. I've never been big into it and have always criticized it; however, it's something I come back to whenever I happen to find time.

Ahhh, I see. Well, hopefully you'll stick around anyway. I've had a good time skimming through some of the previous posts in this thread, and you seem like a cool guy. And I'm with you on space; I don't have near as much as you, but I don't much space to begin with so I'm at a loss at what to do with some of it. XD

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:23 am

I'd post here more often if I was in a better position to be spending a ton of money. It doesn't help that there's barely any merchandise of some of my favorite characters.

At least I have that Compa card NoireRulez sent me a while back and a Neptune/Uzume poster I got from buying VII though Neptune's butt is cut off for some reason

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:57 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:I'd post here more often if I was in a better position to be spending a ton of money. It doesn't help that there's barely any merchandise of some of my favorite characters.

At least I have that Compa card NoireRulez sent me a while back and a Neptune/Uzume poster I got from buying VII though Neptune's butt is cut off for some reason

Who would your favorite characters be?

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:

Ahhh, I see. Well, hopefully you'll stick around anyway. I've had a good time skimming through some of the previous posts in this thread, and you seem like a cool guy. And I'm with you on space; I don't have near as much as you, but I don't much space to begin with so I'm at a loss at what to do with some of it. XD

I've taken most of my time conversing with the people [ who I met here ] who are still close to me on Skype. There's not much point hanging around a place where there are several bad bloods brewing amongst people. Sadly, I'm sure some people would happily digress in telling you I'm a cool dude, but it's not worth going into detail about that.

So with that out of the way, I'd love to see more of your collection. You can happily PM me or such. I'm not on here much at all due to increased hours at work, a demanding semester, and other life drama that has hit me in recent months. Also, as I've said, the people who frequented here who I got close to just talk to me on Skype now and I tend to exchange my spoils of war with them.

On the flip side, I'm mad jelly of that Nepgear!

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
I've taken most of my time conversing with the people [ who I met here ] who are still close to me on Skype. There's not much point hanging around a place where there are several bad bloods brewing amongst people. Sadly, I'm sure some people would happily digress in telling you I'm a cool dude, but it's not worth going into detail about that.

So with that out of the way, I'd love to see more of your collection. You can happily PM me or such. I'm not on here much at all due to increased hours at work, a demanding semester, and other life drama that has hit me in recent months. Also, as I've said, the people who frequented here who I actually like just talk to me on Skype now and I tend to exchange my spoils of war with them.

Reading this made a bit nervous (regarding the bad blood and such), but I won't press about it seeing how you seem adamant about it, and I respect that. Unfortunate I had to come around late like this, I would have loved to have been around a while back when it was active.

Also, thank you, Nepgear is one of favorite characters.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:

So with that out of the way, I'd love to see more of your collection. You can happily PM me or such. I'm not on here much at all due to increased hours at work, a demanding semester, and other life drama that has hit me in recent months. Also, as I've said, the people who frequented here who I actually like just talk to me on Skype now and I tend to exchange my spoils of war with them.

Reading this made a bit nervous (regarding the bad blood and such), but I won't press about it seeing how you seem adamant about it, and I respect that. Unfortunate I had to come around late like this, I would have loved to have been around a while back when it was active.

Also, thank you, Nepgear is one of favorite characters.

Truthfully I believe you dodged the worst but the forum is a ghost town compared to how vibrant, chatty, and lively it once was.

It's hilarious because Nepgear/Purple Sister's design was the primary motivator for me to want to investigate the game back in 2012. I saw her back on an ANN article because they started around that time to engross themselves into videogames and I supposed you can say it was love at first sight. MK2 was my gateway into the franchise and that's when the insanity ensued.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:33 pm

well yeah Nepgear was the reson for me too but I started with the first game (but actually didnt play it far) before playing mk2 (I pretty much got them at roughly the same time)
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:43 pm

My1xT wrote:well yeah Nepgear was the reson for me too but I started with the first game (but actually didnt play it far) before playing mk2 (I pretty much got them at roughly the same time)

I bought MK2 and MK1 at the same time but opted to play MK2 first due to all of the negativity surrounding MK1. I had a friend at the time who played MK1 prior to me and warned me about how "awkward, clunky, and mediocre" it was. I don't believe she ever finished it but I powered through it despite its flaws.

It was weird playing MK1 since I was so used to Nepgear at that point that transitioning to Neptune was particularly polarizing. I'm probably one of the few people in the community who value Nepgear's position as being the protagonist over her sister.

Might I ask if you have any particular merchandise you're really attached to?
Last edited by Magician_Type_0 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:46 pm

there is no mk1. there is just the very first "hyperdimension Neptunia" which I for convenience usually call Nep1.

but you also use skype, I also use it a lot quite nice to you and less retards than in a lot of the forums nowadays.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Ahaha, you two have good taste in characters. ;) I haven't played the original two games, I believe my first was Victory. Have played all of the Re;births, though, along with VII. I would like to get around to seeing what the first was like.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:Ahaha, you two have good taste in characters. ;) I haven't played the original two games, I believe my first was Victory. Have played all of the Re;births, though, along with VII. I would like to get around to seeing what the first was like.

Let's just say the original game was a peculiarly "interesting" experiment that did not work too well. That is not to say it did not have its shining moments. It easily has some of the best character development and world building in the original trilogy and the characters were marginally deeper than their MK2 and Victory counterparts.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:28 pm

That's what I've heard about it. Curiosity, I suppose. If I can pick it up for a good price in the future, I'll certainly go for it. Upside is, CH have really refined the games since then. VII is a wonderful game and looking back it's interesting to see how the games have changed.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”