Neptunia Fanfic Thread

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Neptunia Fanfic Thread

Postby vampko » Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 am

Alantor2013 wrote:Show of hands, who has played the Wild Arms series on Playstations 1 through 2?

I've played every wild arms, only beaten 2 and 3
Got really far on 1 and decently far on 4. XF wasn't really my th ing..

This WA talk reminds me of (Spoilered because Not Nep and well....)
Spoiler:
that WA oneshot fic I was working on (not dropped) where Maya reads a book that somehow lets her impregnate Virginia (not futa, not genderbend) xD A really crazy idea. I get all sorts of crazy ideas, but this is probably pretty up there on that list... :lol:

Alantor2013 wrote:magine the Neptunia girls (Not possibly including Plutia and Peashy, don't get me wrong, I liked those two girls, but I feel they wouldn't fit in the future Wild Arms 3 x IS crossover.) joining Ichika, the IS girls and the four heroes of Wild Arms 3 on the planet and some humor with Neptune mostly.

Could be interesting, dunno what to think of Ichika being included. Don't have the highest opinion of him. But I doubt you'd have the cast fall for Ichika, so yeah (or at least I hope so...)
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:54 am

Spoiler:
...What?! Maya somehow made Virginia preggers in that oneshot fanfic?! ...Excuse me for a moment while I go throw up. *runs off to bathroom to throw up*
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 am

Alantor2013 wrote:
Spoiler:
...What?! Maya somehow made Virginia preggers in that oneshot fanfic?! ...Excuse me for a moment while I go throw up. *runs off to bathroom to throw up*

:lol:

I very rarely write stuff like that. And it's mostly a "drunken stupor" sort of idea (I don't drink)

Though, now you gave me the idea of relating this to the "star Children". I think I can finally finish it!
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Sun May 22, 2016 10:47 am

vampko wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Spoiler:

:lol:

I very rarely write stuff like that. And it's mostly a "drunken stupor" sort of idea (I don't drink)

Though, now you gave me the idea of relating this to the "star Children". I think I can finally finish it!

Well, I have no idea what that's about but good luck vampko!
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Check out my profile for my fanfics:
Umi's Proile

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, as soon as my co-author either buys Wild Arms 3 from the PS Store and/or either watches walkthroughs of it on Youtube, I may consider my future Wild Arms 3 X IS crossover fanfic my next big project after MegaMan X IS.

Plus, can anyone think of funny scenes with Nep and the Neptunia gals traveling with Virgina, Ichika and their crew on Filigia?
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Sun May 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Nope~
I'm only good at making references to video game history and homely comedy.
...Well, you could have a scene of Nepgear going bonkers over Ichika's IS.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Fri May 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Hey guys, I've been thinking.
I started writing Neptunia fanfics with The Quartet, but I haven't really put much thought into specific details. I've basically fantasized the plot, but that's pretty much it.

For example, Male Blanc's Spells:
Absolute Zero: A Rank Ice Spell, creates a large pillar of ice out of the ground, Predecessor to Ram's Absolute Zero (Blanc's Starting Spell)

Snowflake's Blizzard: B Rank Ice Spell, a number of ice needles/bolts fired out of Blanc's hand towards the opponent (Learned from La Magie de Histoire absorption from GC)

Burning Rage: B+ Rank Fire Spell, creates a fireball that increases in size as it travels forward (Learned from La Magie de Histoire absorption from Centuro)

Galeforce: C Rank Wind Spell, a strong gust of wind rushes out of Blanc's hand and can redirect or reflect projectiles (Learned from La Magie de Histoire)

And that's all the spells that Blanc knows. However, his gimmick compared to the rest of the Quartet is to use La Magie de Histoire to steal spells and (eventually) use a skill called Infusion (which ties into how all the CPUs can use elemental strikes) that will channel magical power into his weapon, which is a bo staff, giving him the role of a Magic Monk.
But I've running dry on names, since I'm planning for Male Blanc to have two spells of each Neptunia element in Re;birth 1 (Fire, Ice, Wind, Electric, Earth).

Likewise, I've made Vert a Magic Archer and have given her the skills

Sylhet Arrow: an arrow infused with the power of wind (Predecessor to Vert's Sylhet Spear)

Sylhet Volley: a volley of Sylhet Arrows

...And that's it. If you guys have any ideas for any of The Quartet (Neptune's a male and will have a class that can be summed up as Acrobatic Gunner Knight and Noire will be an Acrobatic Gunner) that would be extremely helpful.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

TMCraze
Majin
Majin

Postby TMCraze » Sun May 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi I'm here

I guess you could say I'm one of the originals who mined from Pore's mine?

Not really though since my stories never really gained traction and went through many changes and reboots.

Hi anyways Kaiyo. Loved the male Nep x Noire fic tho :3
Hi.

This is supposed to be a sig huh? Well, umm... I unno

TMCraze
Majin
Majin

Postby TMCraze » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Why is it whenever I start to post this thread goes necro? Like wtf man
Hi.

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 pm

TMCraze wrote:Why is it whenever I start to post this thread goes necro? Like wtf man

Oh sorry for the late reply, IRL stuff and drafting for fanfics. Anyways, thanks for the compliment TMCraze! I'm glad that some people enjoyed... Uh, which story were you talking about? Because I have two stories with a male Nep x Noire setting, A Loner's Idol Family and A Mother's Budding Family. Nonetheless, I'm just happy about people liking it, since there is a strong dislike for Neptunia genderswaps.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue May 31, 2016 6:44 am

Kaiyo No Umi wrote:since there is a strong dislike for Neptunia genderswaps.

I'm not a real fan of genderswaps in general. Especially when it's between a great pairing. It's like saying they can't be together unless they're the "right" gender. Not saying that's how you feel, but that's part of why I really don't like them.

'course when a guy gets turned into a girl and gets with a girl, my yuri bias kicks in, and I'm fine with that xD The hard truth being 90% of the time the guy turned girl gets with some guy though...(another reason I tend to have a dislike for gender swaps)
Spoiler:

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 am

vampko wrote: The hard truth being 90% of the time the guy turned girl gets with some guy though...(another reason I tend to have a dislike for gender swaps)

The truth is painful, I know. But that's the reason I do everything I can to defy the "meta" and try to make the experience enjoyable for as much people as possible.

vampko wrote: It's like saying they can't be together unless they're the "right" gender. Not saying that's how you feel, but that's part of why I really don't like them.

You're right, I didn’t see genderswaps in a pairing sense, but in terms of personality.

"How would a person's personality work in the opposite gender?"
"How would people react to their friend suddenly genderswapping or having known them as the other gender for most of their life?"

These were the questions that I used to draft my stories and well... the pairings just pop in.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

TMCraze
Majin
Majin

Postby TMCraze » Tue May 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Both fics are good Kaiyo. (You can just call me Craze if it's any easier. Josh, my nickname, works too. I don't care honestly)

I was really relieved when I first read A Loner's idol Family, it was a great break and change of pace from all the yuri canon shipping half-assed fics I commonly saw on FF.

I had fics as well with original settings, but the writing really wasn't the best and I kinda failed on the execution on some of my ideas I had for the fics. Im kinda scared of making fics for those two reasons actually and it kinda sucks since I do have some novel ideas to work with
Hi.

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 pm

TMCraze wrote:Both fics are good Kaiyo. (You can just call me Craze if it's any easier. Josh, my nickname, works too. I don't care honestly)

I was really relieved when I first read A Loner's idol Family, it was a great break and change of pace from all the yuri canon shipping half-assed fics I commonly saw on FF.

I had fics as well with original settings, but the writing really wasn't the best and I kinda failed on the execution on some of my ideas I had for the fics. Im kinda scared of making fics for those two reasons actually and it kinda sucks since I do have some novel ideas to work with

Thanks Craze, you can call me Umi since it is faster to type and I'm used to that nickname. There isn't a problem with writing as long as you revise and reread... something I neglect to do, but it is important advice. Execution only suffers if you have bad transitions or don't make the transition obvious, like using line breaks or something like that. Also, if you stick to it, you can make a fic good regardless of how many people like it.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

TMCraze
Majin
Majin

Postby TMCraze » Tue May 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Meh...

I'll see. Kinda rusty anyways lol
Hi.