Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4
hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 am

god daaaaaam

i lost against emizel in chapter 2.. !

then i got one of the optional endings and when i saved i came back to chapter 1 !!!!

but now on my save file i see a "cycle 2"

now my question is : will this have ANY affection of my storyline? i mean can i see every ending (especially the actual normal main story ending) with the EXACT original same cutscene / text / dialogue just like if you play it your first time without a "cycle 2" on your safe file?

or because of this "cycle 2" i will now see shorter/different kind of dialogues or endings?!

if i knew that i have trained more before i fight emizel..!!! god daaaaam..

please answer me fast .. xD i dont want spent time now on my cycle 2 and then everything was worthless..

soo did anything changed from the story dialogues because i have a "cycle 2" now ?!

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Postby Seventh » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:26 am

All it means is that it's your second time on the game. It will be the exact same game, though things that are only available on second plays will now be available to you (I think).

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:31 am

finally a answer!

now i can resume on playing this game (i paused it all the time but now i can resume!)

sorry for changing topic again but :

i dont like valvatorez's voice acting..

i dont like japanese nor the english version..

because i dont feel motivation or any FEELING in his voice acting..

where are those cliche touchy moments when the protagonist gets serious and speak with a deep voice ..

his voice is always so "i dont care about anything.. just fuck you all im out"

and in the japanese voice its also very.. i cannot match his voice to any feeling..

it is truly my FIRST jrpg (and i have 11 jrpgs on m ps3) where i really dont like the voice of the protagonist..

the only sentence where i like to hear it is when he is mentioning sardines..

because he is shouting it always "SARDINEEEEEEES" but the rest sounds always so... crappy..

so can somebody tell me which voice language i should use for later dialogues? is there any moment where you really like him talking in a specific langauge?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 am

I personally found his performance in Japanese quite good, actually. Perhaps you're misunderstanding the emotions he's trying to convey in the scenes?

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am

well i made up a decision

i change to japanese now again.. i feel more comfortable when he is talking in english but i dont like his voice acting.. its kind of... without any feeling..

its not like laharl or axel.. or like from a "tales- of" game.. they all have much feeling and motivation in their voices

but he sounds so... tired of anything.. SO yea im a japan fan so why not japanese?!

thanks xD

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:48 am

guys is this game trolling me?

this time i was so close beating up emizel but i died once again..

NOW instead of saving (haha i thought i wont fall into the trap again) i canceled saving the game..

so WHY THE HELL i must start from chapter 1 again!!!!!!!!!???????????

i just saved Twice! before fighting emizel..!! WHY?!!!!!!!!!

this made me rage quit now.. right now im thinking of just quit playing this game... i have no patience to run through both chapters a third time..

maybe i calm down in 1-2 hours and then play again but right now im so pissed off..

will i always start from chapter 1 again whenever im losing a fight from an optional ending? god dammit..

i just saved it!! so whyyyyy a third cycle ? -.-

Edit : oh my fault.. i just could quit the game and reload my old file.. xD

forget this reply... sorry for double post..! im just too stupid lol ..

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 pm

I usually take out the support characters first(in this case, the healers near emizel), then infantry, then boss. If all else fails just carry the boss and don't let them attack.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 pm

thank you im already in chapter 3 (i think almost done with it so almost close to chapter 4 already!)

my question is now : how do i check the item residents?

since i played DD2 all the time i still DONT UNDERSTAND THIS RESIDENT SYSTEM!!!!

why i cant check them? i mean for example "gladiator" .. why i cant go to "gladiator" i mean you have a white hand in the game by pressing the tri-angle button which you can move to different options..

but i cant move with this white hand to the resident names.. so i cant read the meaning of them..

i know from DD2 that gladiator affects something with your dmg..

and statisticans raise your exp.. but i still dont understand how it works with item world and innocents.. maybe its because of my broken english or i truly just dont understand how it works..

so how can i move with my white hand to the residents to see the description of them ?

and i also dont understand the campain HQ thingy... there is a support room too but i never used it yet..

and yea generally im just so confused.. i just rush into this game without any strategy.. its just too complicated for me..

i did the same in DD2 and i had no problems..!

JDSherbert
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby JDSherbert » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey dood,

Just saw you were most recently having trouble with the item world residents.
There is a really good summary of what they do here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995078-disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/60237945
Or here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995078-disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/63533744

I used the tips from these guys for creating my custom kit and it works really well. I believe the max level of a resident can be something like 19998 or so, but I haven't tried to confirm this yet.

why i cant check them? i mean for example "gladiator" .. why i cant go to "gladiator" i mean you have a white hand in the game by pressing the tri-angle button which you can move to different options..

so how can i move with my white hand to the residents to see the description of them ?

My honest advice, as in all aspects of a Disgaea game, is to literally just try it and see what works. I am sorry to say, but Disgaea games should not really be rushed through in order to get the full experience and understanding of the game. Experiment with different innocents and see what comes up! I'm not sure about D4, but in D3 you could literally go to the Item Worlder, and select an option like 'transfer resident', and take a note of which stat dropped when you moved the resident. Although this isn't really what you're asking, you can see what some residents do via that method.

Hope that helps; if not, please shout me and I'll construct a guide for you during my lunch break at work next week.
- JD

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm

thank you for the link..

i couldnt find any "statician" ... in DD2 there are also statician which are increasing your exp..

thats actually the only one resident which im interested in.. i always ignore the rest of them.

i dont give a shiat of my residents since i think they are not that helpful so i just want higher exp :D

but it seems like they dont exist in D4.. im at chapter 6 now so i think im close to finish this game..

to be really honest right now im so tired of this game .. i just cant enjoy disgaea anymore.. at least not disgaea 4..

im just tired of the gameplay and how HARD this game is.. it is truly too hard for me as someone who just wants rush into this game because he want fast understand the story to resume his actually prefered game which is DD2..

because i really have to lvl my chars here to move on in the story.. in DD2 i can remind that everything was very easy.. the onle time you had to gear up yourself was at the last chepter..!

so thank you very much for all of your answers i keep evrything in mind :)

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:58 pm

hundredknightko wrote:thank you for the link..

i couldnt find any "statician" ... in DD2 there are also statician which are increasing your exp..

thats actually the only one resident which im interested in.. i always ignore the rest of them.

i dont give a shiat of my residents since i think they are not that helpful so i just want higher exp :D

but it seems like they dont exist in D4.. im at chapter 6 now so i think im close to finish this game..

to be really honest right now im so tired of this game .. i just cant enjoy disgaea anymore.. at least not disgaea 4..

im just tired of the gameplay and how HARD this game is.. it is truly too hard for me as someone who just wants rush into this game because he want fast understand the story to resume his actually prefered game which is DD2..

because i really have to lvl my chars here to move on in the story.. in DD2 i can remind that everything was very easy.. the onle time you had to gear up yourself was at the last chepter..!

so thank you very much for all of your answers i keep evrything in mind :)

You still got some chapters to go, and post game, so eh not really close. Disgaea is not a game for people who want to plow through it though. DD2 streamlined everything so it made everything easier: some people like it, some people don't. I personally liked the DD2 gameplay more, and welcome the streamlined combat. Just note that Disgaea in general isn't a series that you can just beat without leveling up or trying over and over again.

By the way, staticians are only found through reverse pirating in D4, which is much more annoying than it needs to be.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 pm

... This thread is making me very happy I decided to skip D2 for the eventual port.

He's right thought, it's not for rushing. Of you just want to see the story, the easiest thing to do though might be to manipulate enemy levels through stronger enemy bills and mess with the easy exp stages.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:31 am

Seventh wrote:... This thread is making me very happy I decided to skip D2 for the eventual port.

He's right thought, it's not for rushing. Of you just want to see the story, the easiest thing to do though might be to manipulate enemy levels through stronger enemy bills and mess with the easy exp stages.

Or you know, watch a let's play.

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 am

but i already paid for the game and im on chapter 6 stage 2.. !

the only think i will watch on youtube is the tyrant flashback episode!!

so i first have to play the storyline ! the thing is... my fault was that i played DD2 first before even knowing of the existence of D4... i just wanted buy the newest game of the disgea series...

so NOW that i know the difference between D4 and DD2 my mood has decreased for D4 even though i really like valvatorez.. but laharl is aweeeeeeeesome..

and i love the blade rush from DD2 way more than the blade rush from D4.. and several other skills!!!!

sooo thats why i just want fast finish D4 to get back to my beloved DD2 but i cant play DD2 without beat the story of D4.. !!

so yea im gonna play now D4 again and hope that i will finish it fast..

i thought after chapter 6 the game will end because the monsters are now almost at their 50s lvls..

and in DD2 the last chapter the monsters were also lvl 50-60 !

so it seems like in D4 if it has also 10 chapters i have to get beyond 100 lvl !!

the problem is my only damager is valvatorez.. the rest of my team dies always SO FAST!!

valvatorez is lvl 47 and the rest is between 30 and 36... !!

my warrior is also strong but he "miss" always so often! and my mages die by 1 attack and i have only 1 healer which dies always very fast too..

and fenrich is way too weak as an sub-main char!

JDSherbert
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby JDSherbert » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:22 am

Hey dood,

That's the joy of Disgaea in general. Sure, the warriors and whatnot may be weak now, but you can abuse the effects of the evil symbols, item world, and character worlds to easily create your own team of death!
Try putting a weak character as the leader of the Pyramid/Training Ring symbols and putting Val in there somewhere too, and notice how:
- The weaker character's stats will increase
- The weaker character will receive a share of the Mana and Experience of their subordinates.

This means you can still go rogue with Lord Valvatorez, but help grind up you weaker characters too!
You can use any extra Mana to boost the power of your moves, to stop your weaker characters from being so weak.

As mentioned before, you need to use the Reverse Pirate mode in the item world to get statisticians, but they also help your characters to become quite a high level.

You'll want to try and make a balanced team, trust me. I found out the hard way:
- I had Valvatorez LV60 or so.
- The rest of my team were less than LV20
- A LV52 Samurai decided to ruin my day with a 'Shining Kill Slice' Deathblow.
- Valvatorez died.
- So did the rest of my team, shortly after. :cry:

I made a promise that day. I vowed to make sure that my team were on par with Valvatorez.

Although, if you want to get stronger quickly, I'm sure you could just get Lord Val to share his sardines. :mrgreen:
Hope this helped, somehow.
Keep on gaming dood.
- JD

Return to “Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)”