READ THIS FIRST - The Mostly Spoiler Free D4 Tip Sheet / FAQ

Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: READ THIS FIRST - The Mostly Spoiler Free D4 Tip Sheet / FAQ

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 am

Except the Dark World requirements for some stages got ridiculously obscure, and there was no clue to those at all.
I like the concept of performing certain actions to unlock them more than simply buying your way into them but Disgaea 2 got insane with its requirements sometimes, as there's simply no way you're going to find them all by yourself, so I'd say it went about the wrong way.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 am

True, some of those were crazy, and in a way it was like (and why would I have ever made a ten tall tower in this stage?), they went about it the wrong way at times.

I would have said things like replay the stage so many times, beat it under so many rounds, do so much damage, recieve so little damage, never use an item in a stage, beat with one character (may seem obscure; but I actually routingly go back and have each story character try to beat each stage alone; Its more of an ego-boost than actually functionally; just like going back to early areas in a traditional RPG when you are many levels higher just to kick around those enemies that used to give you trouble LoL)
but there you are.

Today I finnaly came across a scalper selling tickets...so after maxing out the levels of seven items
(Open soda), (Unopened soda), (Sardine), (Fairy Dust), (Mint gum), (ABC gum), and (Common Orb); I finnaly ran into a scalper...

and I couldn't buy anything...the prices...are ten digit prices...this is (tens of billions of HL)... :shock:

I am in the post game, I am still buying bigger and badder weapons and armor, going through level grinding three or four certain stages (so as not to be bored by doing the same one over and over) that are quick and high experience, and even taking on the Senate bills that are low intentionally just to fight them (It worked great in Disgaea 2, so glad its like that again; D3 had fewer folks to fight)...and while at the scalper I sold everything I was saving *to use for item world leveling...try to keep one of each item* sold all the old weapons and armor...couldn't get enough.

So after all that trouble, no X-dimension for me (please tell me there is another way to get tickets besides paying for them) even if it too is dumb luck,

I have however in that effort taken out three types of pirates (I notice no treasure maps this time), and gotten two new ship parts. So my ship 2 edit is now a turtle shell body with one jet wing :D

and I must be doing something wrong with reverse pirating, because it keeps saying I took zero loot and zero innocents...am I supposed to do something other than destroy treasure chests and kill those innocents?
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.

Lord Starfish
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lord Starfish » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 am

Rhuen wrote:and I must be doing something wrong with reverse pirating, because it keeps saying I took zero loot and zero innocents...am I supposed to do something other than destroy treasure chests and kill those innocents?

Well, I believe you're supposed to throw the chests/Innocents on to your ship... But seeing how one still gets the treasure/Innocents by just killing them anyway, I don't really see the point. The only thing I always make sure to plunder while Reverse Pirating is the Level Sphere, seeing how that's the one thing there that won't provide any rewards unless it's on the ship when the battle ends.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 am

You're meant to capture them because you're reverse pirating, rather than simply going through an item world normally.
You're the ones who turn and spoil everyone's fun in that instance, so you have to have to do different things to normal, namely, a smash & grab raid. :D
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 am

Lord Starfish wrote:
Rhuen wrote:and I must be doing something wrong with reverse pirating, because it keeps saying I took zero loot and zero innocents...am I supposed to do something other than destroy treasure chests and kill those innocents?

Well, I believe you're supposed to throw the chests/Innocents on to your ship... But seeing how one still gets the treasure/Innocents by just killing them anyway, I don't really see the point. The only thing I always make sure to plunder while Reverse Pirating is the Level Sphere, seeing how that's the one thing there that won't provide any rewards unless it's on the ship when the battle ends.

By capturing stuff, you get better results. Innocents have their subdued level doubled, and chests' contents are upgraded by 1 rank.

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

It would have been nice if the game mentioned we could throw treasure chests (how long has this been an option?)

Please don't tell me it has been in all past games except the first...

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Wed May 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Rhuen wrote:Please don't tell me it has been in all past games except the first...

Deal, my lips are sealed.

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 pm

So in other words because I couldn't life the treasure chests in D1 I assumed it couldn't be done in any other games (pretty sure most objects can't be lifted in past Item worlds)

But it begs the question, if we can lift various items now; can be throw them into the base panel...

actually that would be an idea for an improvement for D5 (a way around those annoying CP prices; find objects in Item world or other maps you want for your map edits and toss them into the base panel).

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

You know that throwing chunks of meat levels up your guys in this game, right? :shock:

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Thu May 03, 2012 12:04 am

myskaros wrote:You know that throwing chunks of meat levels up your guys in this game, right? :shock:

Are you being serious or just trying to mess with me?

(I never learned to throw chests because my usual course of action for anything in the item world is (kill and destroy), I rarely have reason to throw anything other than get invincibility and mighty enemy blocks off of panels, enemies off those panels, throw my own guys, or throw enemies into each other to level them to be worth killing).

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Thu May 03, 2012 6:41 am

Rhuen wrote:Are you being serious or just trying to mess with me?

I would laugh if I didn't also have the same reaction when I found out >_>

Find a piece of meat in the item world, or find one of those mystery rooms with all mushrooms (I think those rooms have meat in them) and hover your cursor over the meat. The description is what happens when you throw it like a barrel.
Last edited by myskaros on Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masterkira
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Masterkira » Fri May 04, 2012 8:33 am

When birbeing a forgin sentor do they get the excat items you gave them? I was trying it out with a friend but he said his items were change into other items due to customs. So is there a catch or is that how it works?

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri May 04, 2012 8:51 am

Masterkira wrote:When birbeing a forgin sentor do they get the excat items you gave them? I was trying it out with a friend but he said his items were change into other items due to customs. So is there a catch or is that how it works?

It appears to be randomly replaced. I never tried it enough to figure out if there was any kind of pattern.

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Fri May 04, 2012 12:38 pm

myskaros wrote:
Rhuen wrote:Are you being serious or just trying to mess with me?

I would laugh if I didn't also have the same reaction when I found out >_>

Find a piece of meat in the item world, or find one of those mystery rooms with all mushrooms (I think those rooms have meat in them) and hover your cursor over the meat. The description is what happens when you throw it like a barrel.

Been hovering over items to read their descriptions (very glad I never threw a skull before; not sure why a level down is even still around; the most hated thing in Makai Kingdom was that flipping hammer which reduced levels; it was very annoying; especially when faced at lower levels early in the game where regaining the levels was a task).

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon May 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I have my Valvatorez at Level 522. He has six sword skills but I know there exist 2 or 3 more beyond that. At what level can he learn the last couple sword skills? Or is it a Chara World thing, and if so... How is it done?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Return to “Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)”