Totori True ending *Spoilers*

Official Atelier Totori Discussion Forum
IrisMK
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Totori True ending *Spoilers*

Postby IrisMK » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

Only read this below if you actually got the true end because it will spoil it for you.

I have a question about what someone says in the ending.

Spoiler:
At the end when Gisela comes back into the town before she gets to Totori's house she says something like "That glasses lady said it would take 50 years..." My question is: Is 'that glasses lady' Astrid? That was my guess but who knows.
Hopes for NIS releases:
Who knows. :)

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Totori True ending *Spoilers*

Postby Mlada » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 am

I kind of thought that too, but I wasn't entirely sure. Odds are it was though.

My thoughts on the ending are this though:

Spoiler:
WTF? Why doesn't she come home if you don't make enough friends, earn enough cole, have a certain amount of well fed Chims, or found out about what supposedly happen to her? That makes no sense. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the ending, but I felt a bit shorted when really, gaining friends, cole, or chims ultimately had NOTHING to do with her return home...I at least understand fulfilling the normal ending requirements though, so you at least know that her body wasn't buried and no one actually saw her die...

Is Gisela purposely keeping an eye out to see if her daughter can raise herself so she wouldn't have to contribute? LOL...What a bad mother...going off to get herself potentially killed not once on a trip, but twice, and then she waits until Totori matures into a young adult before coming back...LOL

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 am

I was joking more than anything. It was the whole principle of the matter that when you look at it as a story as opposed to a game, it's very messed up...LOL. Of course, I'm glad for what happened in the true ending, as that ending is carrying over to Meruru, so that's the canon/true ending and all.

Never played Clannad, so I guess that went over my head a tad...LOL. I react this way to all endings that are like this though, but all in all, I just jest. :P

The true reason I felt shorted though was because the ending was only about Gisela...you trigger all those character and ending flags, and nothing gets mentioned *differently* with them (except the few Gisela encounters in the ending, but they're all NPC's anyway).

Am I the only one slightly irritated though that in the endings we get a wordless series of scenes of Totori encountering her friends on her way home? I didn't hate it, and I would often think of what was being said, but part of me wanted to hear/read some dialogue...but when it came to the True ending, I hoped that we could finally hear/read what was being said and it didn't happen...

CharityElizabeth

Postby CharityElizabeth » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:47 am

I'm tempted to read, but I better not! ^-^

IrisMK
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby IrisMK » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 am

I figured as much but there I was wondering if there were any minor story events you get for being Galaxy Rank. I still have to get to galaxy rank and beat some of the tough monsters. Does anyone know if there are any more events that would maybe mention people from Rorona like Astrid or Gio. I know Sterk was looking for Gio and Astrid was mentioned, but I'm guessing they are not 'findable' just references to that last game?

I did get the Platinum Trophy, but there's still more to do. Haha. Record of Agarest War literally had you do EVERYTHING to Platinum the game.
Hopes for NIS releases:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah, you'll never see either of them in this game, but as far as I'm aware of, there weren't too many scenes that might have mentioned Gio or Astrid...I mean, yeah, there were a few, and for some weird reason I got the feeling that Cory mentioned something about Gio once in the game, there are a few Rorona scenes (although I believe you see them while getting her ending flag) that mention Astrid, of course you mentioned Sterk trying to find Gio, but I think all of the mentioned scenes were said while achieving Rorona and Sterk's ending flags. Of course, I'm not 100% certain on that aspect, as I never got the galaxy rank (but I was just so incredibly close)...

IrisMK
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby IrisMK » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:46 am

I had to get Galaxy Rank cause I wanted to make the Ruby Prism. It seemed to just get me extra bosses and new items to find in searches (like the Midnight Flower or whatever it was).

Btw--I think I only have not defeated the Rage Beast and something else. I hear there is another harder boss? I defeated the Black Dragon and the Grass Element though.
Hopes for NIS releases:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Finally got true ending today.

Spoiler:
I knew it, I knew Gisela was alive. But mostly because when I was watching a Totori video on youtube, there was a related video called True Ending and the thumbnail looked like Gisela's model. Thanks, vidmaker, for that spoiler... But really, the in-game hint is that her body was never found.

I felt the ending was a bit disappointing, though, mostly because of its shortness and lack of epilouge of all the other characters. I also wonder why that spoiler happens even though your actions don't seem to have to do with it. But oh well. I'm just glad I got this over and done with
Spoiler:
and I'm happy for Totori and her family

And whew. When I came here I was prepared to see rage, but it looks like you guys are calmer. There was a post in Gamefaqs who was unholy furious.

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 am

See my first post in this thread...looks like we felt about the same. I wasn't furious about it by any means, but I remember thinking
Spoiler:
"What the f***? How does Totori being more mature and successful in business bring her mother back? Gisela's such a bad mother for purposely waiting until her youngest became an adult so she could bail on raising her..."
XD

Melisoncake
Peon
Peon

Postby Melisoncake » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Mlada wrote:Yeah, you'll never see either of them in this game, but as far as I'm aware of, there weren't too many scenes that might have mentioned Gio or Astrid...I mean, yeah, there were a few, and for some weird reason I got the feeling that Cory mentioned something about Gio once in the game, there are a few Rorona scenes (although I believe you see them while getting her ending flag) that mention Astrid, of course you mentioned Sterk trying to find Gio, but I think all of the mentioned scenes were said while achieving Rorona and Sterk's ending flags. Of course, I'm not 100% certain on that aspect, as I never got the galaxy rank (but I was just so incredibly close)...

On my first play through I met Gio i think on year 5 and he helped me adventure. I got a bad ending though, didn't finish the ship in time..

Return to “Atelier Totori”