Katanagatari Release Appreciation

Official Katanagatari discussion forum.

Katanagatari Release Appreciation

Postby MikeX10A » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:31 pm

I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation in the effort taken for the Katangatari release.

The glossary in the art book is very beneficial and I do like how you stayed loyal to the idioms and such.

Please keep up the good work and I hope we get some interviews (if possible) in the final volume.
MikeX10A
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Katanagatari Release Appreciation

Postby Lyner Barfless » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Yay thank you! Our translator worked really hard picking out the terms to stay true to and what to expound upon in the glossary. I hope you'll consider volume 2 as well! :)
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため
Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby formerroadie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Everything you do is amazing NISA! Box 2 pre-ordered already! :)
formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby formerroadie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 pm

When are you going to put up the information on the second box at the NIS site? It's not that far off.
formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Hazen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:57 pm

I would also like to thank NISA for releasing this wonderful series for us. Easily my favorite anime of 2010--gorgeous, unique, quirky humor, a cast of wonderfully dramatic and ridiculous characters (I mean that in the nicest way possible). I have a few nitpicks with the translation, but that pales in comparison to my enjoyment of watching this show on blu-ray.

My only question is... when can I pre-order volume 2? :D
Hazen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby formerroadie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 pm

My only beef with this set is the blu ray subs are far too small to read.
formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 am

formerroadie wrote:My only beef with this set is the blu ray subs are far too small to read.

I haven't gotten around to watching mine yet. Got too much anime recently lol. But are you watching it on an HD tv? I'm wondering if it's just small because of your screen resolution.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sanosuke » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 am

I guess I can't give any actual praise since I don't have my set yet, but it did just ship, and I have no doubt it's gonna amazing, so hell--I'm gonna go ahead and chime in with all the appreciation. 8-)

Thanks a ton for bringin' over such an (undoubtedly) awesome release for this show--I (will most definitely) love it(when it arrives). :lol:
Sanosuke
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Sanosuke » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Sanosuke, earlier today over at AnimeNewsNetwork, after his copy of Katanagatari's Volume 1 Premium Edition arrived wrote:Gotta admit, I love the smell of a freaking insanely gorgeous-ass release in the afternoon.:mrgreen:

Before I proceed with totally losing my shit, just wanted to throw this fact out there: compared to pretty much all of you, I'm a complete and total noob when it comes to anime releases. So, where as our good buddies Derek and ail can just comment on an awesomely packaged release with a "yeah, it's lovely," and be done with, as this is my first forray into packaging aas nice as this, I've gotta bear out my heart soul. Which is why I'm about to lose my aforementioned shit. :lol: I'll grow accustom to such amazing releases eventually, but for now, if you're not up for hearing my rambles, then it's best you stop reading here. And my apologies. >_<But>_< 8O This is easily the most gorgeous entertainment-thing I've ever bought, ever.

Considering how manically obsessed with this release I was before I even got it, I already knew that it was gonna be pretty damn big compared to any other anime I have. But seriously, this is f**king huge, and I love ever square inch of it. :twisted: This is my first rigid box, and I plan on treating it with the very utmost tender-loving care--I'll be damned before I let this little slice of heaven grow worn and torn. Anyone with a couple functioning retinas is already aware of how insanely awesome the art on this thing, but the box itself is colored so god damn well that it looks considerably more stunning in person.

I actually really like how the contents of the release are packaged--ya know, coming out from the top as opposed to the sides like other companies' releases. Just as the box itself, the thinpacks showcase more epically stunning art, and I don't mind in the least that the DVDs/BDs are put in cases together, as opposed to being seperated. Now, Togame's Travelogue, aka the artbook packaged with the premium edition is--again, like the box--a helluva lot bigger than I expected to be. And though I've heard complaints about how simple the art on it is, I think just the coloring, the series logo, and the falling leaves/nuts give off a perfect vibe. Flipping through, this shit is packed to the max with a load of info on the "Quests" on the discs, but I didn't actually take the time out to read any of the individual synopsis(es?). I figured that if I did, I'd end up getting spoiled, so I'm gonna wait until after I've watched all the eps to do that. I did take a gander at the actual art in the art book, and--par the course for this release--it's all gorgeous. Even if a couple of the pics are just extended versions of the box/thinpack art. Since I haven't mentioned it yet, figured I'd should state that the actual art style for the series is also beautiful, however simplistic it may seem.

And, FTR, the glossary in the back is long(or, rather, wordy) as [i]f**k. Which, of course, is good thing, considering--ya know--it's a glossary. :lol:

Now, I think that I might be the only person who frequents this section of the forum who actual put their order in over at NISA's online store, so I'm possibly the only one out of the lot of us getting Katanagatari that scored these, but next up is the art prints. I ended up paying a couple of dollars more than over at RACS or Rightstuf, but these things were damn well worth it. They came in a sorta envelope-like thing(it's red-ish and has the series logo on it, and it itself is made of pretty nice material) and, not counting an ad print for the 2nd volume that comes with them, there's 6 double-sided prints, for 12 pics altogether. Like everything else in this series, they're a bit bigger than I anticipated--stacked up alongisde the thinpacks, their an or so taller and a centimeter or two wider--so there's plenty of room for the stunning art(most of which, thankfully, is new art altogether and not stuff reused from the box and the art box). They've got a nice little gloss to them as well, so it helps it all pop just a little more. One side of each card has a random art on it, while the other side has art featuring what I assue are the peepz that are the enemies of the main characters in the 6 different quests. Anybody who plans on ordering this and hasn't yet, I highly suggest you go for it over at NISA's site. These prints are while supplies last, so you might wanna jump on that before it's too late to nail them.

And then, like I said, there's an ad card behind them that basically just tells you to complete the set by pre-ordering the 2nd volume at their site, which I would totally do if, ya know, it was actual up for pre-order. :lol: Says volume 2 comes with the art prints for quests 7-12, which--even though I haven't even watched the show yet--I know damn well that I'm getting. :twisted:

So, yeah--looks like I'm done here. I'm really just blown away by how f**king incredible this thing is--it easily trumps every other anime item I have in terms of sheer awesomeness of the packaging. Of course, the main part of every release is naturally gonna be the show itself, so I'm damn sure gonna go pop in the 1st blu-ray right now. If the show's even half as awesome as this packaging is, then it's gonna totally awesome. :twisted:

Guess that's th eend of my post on this godly piece of gorgeousness. If you actually took the time out to read this whole thing, then congratulations, thanks, and--like I said--sorry.. :lol:

Needless to say, I already love this release to death. So, again, a million thanks for bringing us such an awesome release. :mrgreen:
Sanosuke
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby formerroadie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 pm

bloodyaftertaste wrote:
formerroadie wrote:My only beef with this set is the blu ray subs are far too small to read.

I haven't gotten around to watching mine yet. Got too much anime recently lol. But are you watching it on an HD tv? I'm wondering if it's just small because of your screen resolution.

Mine is on an HD tv. In the feedback forum, this has been a complaint for sure.
formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Return to Katanagatari