Black★Rock Shooter: The Game Out Now For $20!

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
PandAkuma
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Black★Rock Shooter: The Game

Postby PandAkuma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Shizuka wrote:One will be $60, the other might be $20. Make a choice.

Looks like now I don't have to. Thank you NISA. BRS probably would have won anyway though.

auricanestmile
Vassal
Vassal
Location: A world where the air I breathe is mine; nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind.

Re: Black★Rock Shooter: The Game Out April 23rd!

Postby auricanestmile » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm excited for a release date finally being announced for this! =D

Now...I'm reading a lot of others from Canada upset about this not being released in Canada (or Mexico) due to licensing reasons. What's interesting is that PS3, PSP and PSVita are all region free and you can get DLC from other countries easily if:

• You create an account for said nation and use a street address for said nation
  • You purchase PSN Cards from said nation or buy PSN codes from said nation

That having been said, I'm sure many of us here have Japanese PSN accounts for stuff like "Project DIVA." I know that I made one myself and use Japan-Codes to get the PSN cards from Japan.

For those in Canada or Mexico, you can get American PSN cards at this website. You would set up your PSN account much in the same way you'd do a Japanese one, except the setup would be in American English and use an American street address instead of a Japanese one. For those in Canada, the addressing system is near identical, except instead of a six-character postal code it's one 5-digit zip code; the rest is precisely the same:

Person/Business Name
Internal Forwarding Information (only if applicable; use "c/o Person/Business Name")
Building No, Street Name, Apartment/Suite No
City, State, Zip Code

Sadly, I don't know about Mexico, so I won't be much help there. ^-^;; I used the address of the Hyatt Tokyo hotel or something when I made my jPSN account and I'm sure you could use the address for a hotel in America as well if you needed to.

I hope this helps. You should be able to use it on your Canadian or Mexican PSP with no issues at all. ^-^
Last edited by auricanestmile on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 pm

The address doesn't matter. I have complete fake info on my JP SEN account. You only need a real address if you plan to connect a credit/debit card to that account. If you're just going to go with point cards, then you're fine.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

auricanestmile
Vassal
Vassal
Location: A world where the air I breathe is mine; nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind.

Postby auricanestmile » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 pm

vampko wrote:The address doesn't matter. I have complete fake info on my JP SEN account. You only need a real address if you plan to connect a credit/debit card to that account. If you're just going to go with point cards, then you're fine.

Ah, that's good to know. ^-^ I threw in a legit address for a hotel in Japan just to be safe and for the sake of completion, but thanks for the information.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Can't you just get US PSN cards from like... Amazon or Gamestop or something where they'll just email you the digital code? I mean I guess that site up there is fine (they're not overcharging), but...
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

auricanestmile
Vassal
Vassal

Postby auricanestmile » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Daverost wrote:Can't you just get US PSN cards from like... Amazon or Gamestop or something where they'll just email you the digital code? I mean I guess that site up there is fine (they're not overcharging), but...

That's a great question... I dunno the answer to that for sure. ^-^;;

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

auricanestmile wrote:Sadly, I don't know about Mexico, so I won't be much help there. ^-^;; I used the address of the Hyatt Tokyo hotel or something when I made my jPSN account and I'm sure you could use the address for a hotel in America as well if you needed to.

Lol, I used my own address for my JPN PSN account back when I bought Einhander off the JPN PSN store.

3Fox
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby 3Fox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 am

Daverost wrote:Can't you just get US PSN cards from like... Amazon or Gamestop or something where they'll just email you the digital code? I mean I guess that site up there is fine (they're not overcharging), but...

There are sites that have digital distribution of PSN codes. I know one is Play-Asia (and they do have American PSN cards), but they sometimes take a while to distribute their codes. At the recommendation of a friend, I used another site that e-mailed pictures of PSN codes within 24 hours of submitting a purchase at a slightly higher price, but I can't remember what it was.

Unrelated to quote:
When you want to switch accounts, there are 2 processes that currently work.
1. With multiple memory cards, I recommend first turning the power off and removing your memory card so that you don't accidentally hit yes when it asks if you want to format the memory card and since you'll be removing it at some point anyway. The first required step is to go to settings>format>restore the PS Vita system. If you do not have a memory card in the device, go ahead and hit yes to all questions. If you still have the memory card in the device, say yes that you want to deactivate your account and yes you want to restore the Vita to factory settings, and no to formatting your card (don't remember question order, but these are the important ones). When the device restarts, if it does not ask you to set clock/account/etc. then you'll need to go back to settings>format>restore PS Vita system and this time saying yes to the reset to factory settings questions will reset it. Set it up however you want (probably English and your time zone) and log in with the PSN account you want to use. Turn it off, insert the memory card you have for that account, and go to settings>Playstation Network>System Activation (first option under +Automatic Update Settings)>Game (first option)>Activate (first option).

2. With just one memory card, you will first want to create a backup on your PC or PS3 (probably PC as PS3 memory is likely more scarce). This process will take hours, even if your memory card has hardly anything on it. You will then need to go to settings>format>restore the PS Vita system. Say yes to all questions including formatting your memory card. After it restarts, if it does not ask you to set up the system, return to settings>format>restore the PS Vita system and say yes to all questions again and it will the next time it starts up. Set it up how you want (probably English and your own time zone) and log in with the account you want to use. If you already have a backup for this account, restore the memory card and it will restore it with the current account rather than the one you were using before you swapped. This means you can't use save data from one account on the other, but you can keep a separate backup for each account, allowing you to swap accounts with just one card. However, restoring will also take several hours even if you have hardly any data, so this process will likely take 1 day each time you want to swap accounts. Anyway, make sure to go to settings>Playstation Network>System Activation (first option under +Automatic Update Settings)>Game (first option)>Activate (first option) before you leave an area with wifi.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:59 am

3Fox wrote:I know one is Play-Asia (and they do have American PSN cards), but they sometimes take a while to distribute their codes.

Play-Asia overcharges for every region's cards. I wouldn't recommend them at all. (Not for cards, anyway.)
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 am

Bestbuy deliver digital - Price $50 for $50 PSN card.

You can't switch account on the Memory Card on Vita anymore after 2.00 update
Last edited by artemisthemp on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 am

artemisthemp wrote:Bestbuy deliver digital - Price $50 for $50 PSN card.

You can't swift account on the Memory Card on Vita anymore after 2.00 update

Swift account?
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 am

vampko wrote:

Swift account?

I think he meant switch account.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 am

shymel94 wrote:
vampko wrote:

Swift account?

I think he meant switch account.

Possibly. But I can switch my account just fine. And I'm on 2.06
Spoiler:

3Fox
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby 3Fox » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 am

Daverost wrote:
3Fox wrote:I know one is Play-Asia (and they do have American PSN cards), but they sometimes take a while to distribute their codes.

Play-Asia overcharges for every region's cards. I wouldn't recommend them at all. (Not for cards, anyway.)

True. I only meant to give an example of a method that exists, not recommend them. I picked that particular one as it was the first one that popped into my head that I remembered the name of.
artemisthemp wrote:You can't swift account on the Memory Card on Vita anymore after 2.00 update

Assuming you meant switch accounts:
It's been a while since I've done so, so I'm not 100% sure I've done it after that particular update, but I do think I have done so after that update by formatting the memory card. As doing so deletes all your saves, it's not recommended if the backup thing no longer works (but it did when I last did this method, which I really do think was after the 2.00 update). I will test again as I have finished all Vita games on my alternate account, but don't expect me to return with the results until around this time tomorrow as creating and restoring backups takes several hours and I have places to be/things to do.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

3Fox wrote: I will test again as I have finished all Vita games on my alternate account, but don't expect me to return with the results until around this time tomorrow as creating and restoring backups takes several hours and I have places to be/things to do.

Backups work just fine, but you can only do it with the account that made the backup. So, you still have to play the system restore game.

Nothing's really changed.
Spoiler:

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”