Gameplay

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Overlord - Laharl
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Gameplay

Postby Overlord - Laharl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 am

I don't know how the game play is but I will just wait for some English info to be released.

SoulRin
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby SoulRin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:40 am

i saw some gameplay videos but i cant remember where i saw them
oh yea. imma ninja
PSN: dezmon97

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 pm

http://blackrockshooter.wikia.com/wiki/ ... tle_System

Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME possesses elements of both role-playing and third-person shooter genres. The player assumes the role of Black★Rock Shooter, the main character, and follows her battles against the alien forces, with occasional assistance from non-player characters.

In battle mode, Black★Rock Shooter's objective is to defeat the monsters within a set area. The players fight in real-time and in three dimensions, allowing Black★Rock Shooter to move across the battle area to gain mobility or position herself for attacks.

Like in a third-person shooter, the player is given a hit point bar (pictured in blue) which the player must maintain while fighting, and aiming at enemies are usually done by using the directional keys in the console. The game also provides a weapon energy bar located below the hit point bar (normally green) which enters an "overheat" status when the weapon is used excessively in battles.

Amount of damage inflicted by the player to the enemies are denoted as well.

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 pm

heres a vid I found on battle footage(I hope this is ok to post it should be but one never knows)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqza2AZt9nI
It seems quite repetative to be honest since in this vid it seems all you do is shoot and slide from side to side.....I may be rethinking my purchase if this is the case....It dosent seem like it would be fun for an extended amount of time...
I wached one with a boss battle as well and uhm yeah it seems this is exactly how the game plays...I dont know about this game being for me anymore.....It ust seems like standing and shooting and njothing else would get boring for me personaly...hmmmm

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 am

I think i seen anothr gameplay vid of it. but thanks for the one you gave wrath ;).

Yea the gameplay looks sort of....mediocre but i cant actually say that till i played the game myself, but like i said in another thread, i kinda want the CE wrs figma more than the game itself ^^

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 am

After watching a boss fight (MEFE, specifically), I'd say this looks like the game child from 3rd Birthday and Megaman Legends.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 am

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Shizuka wrote:After watching a boss fight (MEFE, specifically), I'd say this looks like the game child from 3rd Birthday and Megaman Legends.

With a lot more cutscene actions.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Press O repeatedly.

I love how interactive it gets.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Good enough for me.

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:20 pm

vertical09 wrote:I think i seen anothr gameplay vid of it. but thanks for the one you gave wrath ;).

Yea the gameplay looks sort of....mediocre but i cant actually say that till i played the game myself, but like i said in another thread, i kinda want the CE wrs figma more than the game itself ^^

This is exactly how I feel lol

I normally try not to bash on gameplay to much untill ive tried it myself...If the game is 20$ i'll buy it, if its more I dont think i'll be that willing to pay for it based on the things ive watched the gameplay just is....so boring I cant imagine trying to play this game for to long befor id fall asleep or give up on it.

Its going to boil down to price for me that will be the deciding factor of weather I buy the game now(though I want that damn figure to!)

I would have posted the other links I found on the gameplay but they all were like the one I posted so it realy wouldnt have been worth the copy/paste time

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Honestly the game would be much better if there was free, eight-directional movement instead of only dodge left and right. It''s even how I thought the game would be like until I saw a gameplay video.

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Well I figured it would be a shooter (like duh right?) but I realy didnt think movement would be impeded so much....I kinda assumed since battle play would be so limited(to shooting obviously) that they would at least let your charecter have like free movement kinda like ,as an easy reference KH battles are, you can move how ever you like but restricted in a certain "battle area" you know?..I didnt think it would be like this at all....That was a major crush finding that bit out...It realy did kill my will in wanting the game the minut I saw it im sad to say

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:11 pm

So you don't want the game anymore? :|

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Well lets just say if the price is reasonable i'll buy it if I think its more than its worth than I probably wont get it...
If its the price CP was on the psn I will definantly get it...but if its to mmuch more than that...id have to say I wouldnt be happy spending that amount on the game.
The gameplay is so repetative that I can see myself mostly ignoring the battles till a cut scene appears... and thats not alot of fun to me..
But yeah I do kinda still want the game but the price more or less is going to be my deciding factor of if/when I get it.
I know alot of fun games that are basic button mashers but apon reflection I could have waited for a price drop for them..
SO thats my basic stance on it.
I shouldnt say "If" I get it because I most likely will(I do enjoy the charecter design) but who knows when it'll be.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”