No opening song in the US release?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: No opening song in the US release?

Postby vampko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:04 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
vampko wrote:You know Japanese or something?

Cause the Euro release won't magically include the opening in the game if the NA release doesn't.
Nope but it won't matter if anything i'll play this game by other means if I ACTUALLY cared enough which at this point I don't.

Then why bother to include 'US' in there? why not just say "Another reason to NOT buy this game". You just wanted a reason to bash NISA really.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:58 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:Nope but it won't matter if anything i'll play this game by other means if I ACTUALLY cared enough which at this point I don't.

I certainly hope you're not implying you would pirate the game.

That's definitely not what you're implying, right?

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 am

Houk wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:Nope but it won't matter if anything i'll play this game by other means if I ACTUALLY cared enough which at this point I don't.

mulder i suggest you dont reply to this, for your own sake. you wouldnt like houk when hes angry.

SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby SilverCitizen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:07 am

vertical09 wrote:
Houk wrote:

mulder i suggest you dont reply to this, for your own sake. you wouldnt like houk when hes angry.

For some reason, with Houk's name being red and what you just said, this is what I pictured:
Badass...

Realization: Houk, Hulk. Sound kinda similar! :lol:
Last edited by SilverCitizen on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MulderYuffie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MulderYuffie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 am

Houk wrote:

MulderYuffie wrote:if I ACTUALLY cared enough which at this point I don't.

Pretty sure alot of people will though for the DD reason alone people just do not see wasteing gb on a small memory card worth a full priced if not more PSP game purchase. People won't want to keep it on there either it'll take up to much space and people are not willing to bend to your full priced download only game with possibly stuff cut out of it sorry.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
Houk wrote:

MulderYuffie wrote:if I ACTUALLY cared enough which at this point I don't.

Pretty sure alot of people will though for the DD reason alone people just do not see wasteing gb on a small memory card worth a full priced if not more PSP game purchase. People won't want to keep it on there either it'll take up to much space and people are not willing to bend to your full priced download only game with possibly stuff cut out of it sorry.

So you're saying you would protest a game being available to download legally by...downloading the game illegally? Is this the logic I'm seeing here? Oh but thank you for letting us know that our unreleased game will be a full-price release. Definitely saves us the trouble of having to decide that for ourselves.

Also, the only people who would refuse to buy this game on the grounds that the opening song was changed are people looking for an excuse to pirate, or crazy people.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:56 am

Or people that didn't want to buy the game to begin with. Houk, you shouldn't get that stressed over a subject like this because it may give a really bad impression about NISA (because even though you're an employee, you're still representing the company).

People have honest complaints, but going on it again and again won't benefit anyone, specially you. Let's all just put our hands away from the keyboard and let it fade away.

MulderYuffie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MulderYuffie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am

Houk wrote:So you're saying you would protest a game being available to download legally by...downloading the game illegally? Is this the logic I'm seeing here? Oh but thank you for letting us know that our unreleased game will be a full-price release. Definitely saves us the trouble of having to decide that for ourselves.

Also, the only people who would refuse to buy this game on the grounds that the opening song was changed are people looking for an excuse to pirate, or crazy people.
It isn't my excuse but people are clearing talking about it so it does matter to some exten t to people but the big problem is the fact it will be download only and yes it will most likely be full priced going by NISA's past releases and the premnium edition with it's collectable will be missing.....well the most collectible/valuable thing in the package sorry but not worth it for likely double the price of a retail physical copy of a PSP game.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am

Let's not get into the whole "Digital download only release" merit, right? This topic isn't about it, and even if it was, it'd end up being locked because of flames. I'll ask Houk to close this thread, but meanwhile there's an interesting reading for you (and every single DD hater out there) from XSEED's employee Tom, the same one responsible for translating the entire script of Corpse Party:

I'll tell you that I, myself, am not at all a fan of download-only releases. I wish everything would get a physical release, and I really hate it when companies announce that a game is getting released digital-only. But the fact of the matter is, most gamers really are OK with digital releases (a lot of gamers even prefer it!), and physical releases cost a LOT of money to make. If we released this game on UMD, maybe we'd get another... say, 1000 sales? Pure guess, and maybe even a high one. So OK, we sold more copies, great... but the amount of money we'd have to spend to MAKE those copies -- between UMD production, manual production, box production, distribution, shelf space at retailers (optional but generally recommended), etc. -- would FAR outweigh the money we'd make from those extra 1000 sales... and probably another 5000 on top of that, to boot!

In the end, we'd lose money, pure and simple. See, while we absolutely love this game, we know full well that it appeals only to a very small niche. As much as we'd like to believe it'll sell hundreds of thousands of copies and make us millionaires, and as much as it arguably DESERVES to sell that much, the chances of it happening are pretty darned infinitesimal... whereas the chances of us losing SO MUCH MONEY on it due to production costs that we end up in great, great debt are, sadly, pretty darned high.

So in the end, it really does come down to one question: Is it worth releasing Corpse Party at all, knowing that it'll be digital distribution only? And the answer we came up with was yes. The game is amazing, and deserves to be played by English-speakers. And as much as we wish we could give you the UMD version you so desire... it just isn't possible. I'm really sorry.

And just another tidbit when I asked him about choosing the right price of DD games:

Shizuka: If we price the digital version of a game lower than the physical version, then brick-and-mortar retailers will start to take offense -- after all, we just basically told a competitor that they could sell the game for a cheaper price! And if that happens, the brick-and-mortar retailers may retaliate by not ordering as many copies of our future titles.

It's just one of those things that makes the business side of video games all the more annoying. And is one of the additional headaches we can avoid having to deal with when we release a game digital-only. Note how cheap Wizardry is, for example -- if we released a physical version of it, I can guarantee you it wouldn't have been that cheap, as we'd have to price both versions in accordance with the cost of producing disc copies of the game.

You can't assume the game's going to be $35 or $40 when it's DD-only, although NISA could do that if they really want to.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 am

This thread has been so much fun everyone, but as has been rightly pointed out, we've veered off the original topic, which itself can't be answered yet anyway. Gonna go ahead and close up shop until such time as a solid answer can be given.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”