BRS anime (2012)

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby myskaros » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I figured I'd wait until this thread gets moved to the General Anime Chat forum, since I only stumbled upon this thread while wondering why no one posted anything in the General Anime Chat forum.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the change from the OVA to the series regarding the relation between the "real world" and the "BRS world." They haven't really explained much in the series yet, but
Spoiler:
it was already revealed that Matou sees BRS as her dreams, rather than the two existing in separate, linked realities. I suppose that possibility hasn't exactly been ruled out yet, but the way the scenes are shot it's more like a mental representation of their social struggles or something.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Ain't nothing as entertaining as watching crazy, yandere bitches, so I'm enjoying myself.

I did have similar thoughts as Myskaros, though, and I wonder if their spoiler bit is correct.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Granted, this is an anime based on a video based on a song, so I'm sure there's not necessarily a real "established" universe, so maybe it's just writers taking poetic license. I don't know all the BRS background through, my only exposure has been the artwork and the OVA.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rydux » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Spoiler:
I'd like to think that the two Universes exist, and are connected, instead of a psychological thing, the actions of their counterparts varying from each others actions and thinking.
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.

Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Nerroth wrote:I'm suprised how quiet this thread has been lately; is there not that much of an interest here for the series?

Because anime talk is expected to be in the anime section? I didn't even realize this thread was here so I just put my stuff in the Winter thread.

I mostly stopped checking the BRS forum by this point. No news to speak of, and I got tired of seeing certain people rage uncontrollably over DD/Figmas. Looks like that's subsided finally, I'm thankful for that.

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 am

It's not very likely that they will dub the anime or anything, and if they do, they better make a damn well good job of making the dub. the reason i say its unlikely is because they had enough trouble getting the license to this game (or so i heard) and im pretty sure they are stricter with anime and all that... not sure though, i could be wrong...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm

NicoNIco is going to be streaming the anime soon enough. Though I don't know exactly when. So now you dont' have to worrya bout how you missed the initial showings like myself.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rydux » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 am

Ep 3
Spoiler:
Well, I guess this episode shows that the other world isn't a mental representation of their struggles like Myskaros said, seeing as they seem to be following their own agendas.
Black Gold Saw seems to be linked with the Councilor, and it's implied that she's aware of that fact.
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm REALLY enjoying the series, like I did with the OVA! I hope they get licensed (by anyone BUT Aniplex!! GRAAAAGGHH their prices!!!) I guess Nisa will be busy with Natsume for a while, but I hope this is on a "hope we can license it" list. I still have a feeling Aniplex will try and capitalize on the franchise..... >_>

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Episode 5; and
Spoiler:
the inclusion of that Insane BRS Figma with the limited edition box set is no accident...

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Nerroth wrote:Episode 5; and
Spoiler:
the inclusion of that Insane BRS Figma with the limited edition box set is no accident...

My only question to ep 5:
Spoiler:
Is Yuu supposed to be White Rock Shooter? She's shown on the opening, but hasn't actually been revealed yet and well, Yuu is quite involved with the world as well.

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Sheleigha wrote:
Nerroth wrote:Episode 5; and
Spoiler:

My only question to ep 5:
Spoiler:
Is Yuu supposed to be White Rock Shooter? She's shown on the opening, but hasn't actually been revealed yet and well, Yuu is quite involved with the world as well.

Spoiler:
I don't think WRS is going to be in this one; Yuu's Otherworld counterpart is Strength.

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Nerroth wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't think WRS is going to be in this one; Yuu's Otherworld counterpart is Strength.

Spoiler:
Ohhh my bad >_< I'm still not familiar with all the characters yet, and I thought Strength was WRS wearing a cloak or something :p

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Spoiler:
At least they finally explained the connection between the "real world" and BRS's world.

I definitely need to look up a BRS wiki or something, since I only know the characters from the OVA (Black Rock Shooter, Dead Master, Strength, the other ones I've seen pictures of but don't know their names (Kagari's and Saya's)).

EDIT: I guess, based on the BRS Wikia, Black Gold Saw's human counterpart is technically unknown, but since she and Saya both seem to be "interfering" in their respective worlds, I'm putting my bets on those two being counterparts.

CrimsonLight
Vassal
Vassal

Postby CrimsonLight » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 am

myskaros wrote:
Spoiler:
At least they finally explained the connection between the "real world" and BRS's world.

I definitely need to look up a BRS wiki or something, since I only know the characters from the OVA (Black Rock Shooter, Dead Master, Strength, the other ones I've seen pictures of but don't know their names (Kagari's and Saya's)).

EDIT: I guess, based on the BRS Wikia, Black Gold Saw's human counterpart is technically unknown, but since she and Saya both seem to be "interfering" in their respective worlds, I'm putting my bets on those two being counterparts.

Spoiler:
Episode 6 trailer shows Saya and Yuu talking to each other when they were younger. Apparently Yuu doesn't change appearances and remains young while Saya grows up. Anyways, main thing here is that you can see her face when she had long hair. Spitting image of BGS. We can assume it's her.
Also, only characters appearing in the anime are, as said above, (I)BRS, DM, STR, BGS. WRS and the rest of the cast in the psp remain game-exclusive characters.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”