BRS anime (2012)

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Unit450
Vassal
Vassal

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Unit450 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Sheleigha wrote:I'm REALLY enjoying the series, like I did with the OVA! I hope they get licensed (by anyone BUT Aniplex!! GRAAAAGGHH their prices!!!) I guess Nisa will be busy with Natsume for a while, but I hope this is on a "hope we can license it" list. I still have a feeling Aniplex will try and capitalize on the franchise..... >_>

Enjoying the series as well, enough that I've pre-ordered the bluray boxset with Figma Insane BRS toy(have to admit this was the nudge that made my decision.) Unfortunately if the BRS TV anime series is to be licensed, then the chances of this going to Aniplex's USA brand is much higher than NIS; as Aniplex is listed as one of the production studios(according to ANN's page for BRS TV) so it's almost all their choice who this goes to I think.

Personally for myself, and a few friends who've also pre-ordered the JP boxsets that will exclude subtitles(unless they're sneakily included like the OVA). We are kinda hoping that this goes to Aniplex USA; as through them there's a chance for a cheaper(although probably something like $100-120) NA LE boxset that includes the Figma IBRS toy. So that double dipping this series won't be as painful.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:42 pm

^ Are you shitting me? You WANT Aniplex USA to get this? Aniplex USA, who would charge us $70+ for 2 episodes instead of the entire series like a sane company?

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

I don't WANT Aniplex USA to get it, but I have a feeling they just might keep it... the OVA hasn't been licensed yet either, and that included english subs, to try and capitalize on fans wanting to import >_> It really would be AMAZING if Nisa did get it (pretty box and artbook...) but realistically, it's a HUGE hit right now and I doubt Aniplex would just give it out to anyone (and if they did, only at a high price Funi could afford).

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Sheleigha wrote:the OVA hasn't been licensed yet either, and that included english subs, to try and capitalize on fans wanting to import >_>

Oh yeah, about that. How much does that cost?

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 pm

It's sold out from Rob's Corner Anime Store (which may indicate that they got a small amount in, or the OVA is sold out period, haven't looked into it) but the price was listed as around $60, and I don't believe it came with a figma though.

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 am

Sheleigha wrote:It's sold out from Rob's Corner Anime Store (which may indicate that they got a small amount in, or the OVA is sold out period, haven't looked into it) but the price was listed as around $60, and I don't believe it came with a figma though.

Since you didn't give a link and I'm too lazy to search, I am just going to assume you mean the Blu-ray OVA? If so, it came with two nendoroid petits, the Blu-ray and DVD of the OVA, an art book, and a storyboard book. (The ENTIRE OVA in storyboard form). The OVA did come in just a DVD form and it was bundled with the Figma of the OVA BRS. Note: all forms came with multilingual subs.

Awaking in 2014...

Unit450
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Unit450 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm

LAMV wrote:^ Are you shitting me? You WANT Aniplex USA to get this? Aniplex USA, who would charge us $70+ for 2 episodes instead of the entire series like a sane company?

Well I'll say I worded that wrong, I wouldn't exactly be joy and happiness if Aniplex USA got it; though if they pump out a subtitled and dubbed bluray set some of the same extras I got in my Oreimo set and soon to arrive Madoka set. As well by the end of this year then that'd be enough for me to pick up a LE bundle for $70-80(and up to $150 if GSC decides to give the NA market a bone by adding Figma Insane BRS.)

Still Aniplex USA has regular editions of their releases for some of their titles, DVDs with 4 episodes for $30($40 for the bluray copies) on Right Stuff. So I wouldn't focus on the pricing for the limited edition bundles as much.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:12 pm

No idea where the plot's going, but it sure is awesome :D

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 am

Just saw
Unit450 wrote:Still Aniplex USA has regular editions of their releases for some of their titles, DVDs with 4 episodes for $30($40 for the bluray copies) on Right Stuff. So I wouldn't focus on the pricing for the limited edition bundles as much.

4 episodes for 30 dollars? I can get a full season of a show for that much >.>

Anyway!

FINALLY saw episode 1

I was BLOWN AWAY :shock:

Seriously amazing show this looks to be ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm

vampko wrote:Just saw
Unit450 wrote:Still Aniplex USA has regular editions of their releases for some of their titles, DVDs with 4 episodes for $30($40 for the bluray copies) on Right Stuff. So I wouldn't focus on the pricing for the limited edition bundles as much.

4 episodes for 30 dollars? I can get a full season of a show for that much >.>

Anyway!

FINALLY saw episode 1

I was BLOWN AWAY :shock:

Seriously amazing show this looks to be ~

Do you like crazy-ass bitches, too? Then you'll REALLY love this show. Ohhhhhh boy, is it a ride.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I saw the first episode and it turned me off. Nothing that grabbed my attention, and the whole "Go away!" deal was a cheap way to creep everyone out. That's what happens when you get used to Corpse Party, everything else doesn't creep you out by default.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Shizuka wrote:I saw the first episode and it turned me off. Nothing that grabbed my attention, and the whole "Go away!" deal was a cheap way to creep everyone out. That's what happens when you get used to Corpse Party, everything else doesn't creep you out by default.

Corpse Party was barely 'creepy' though. In a lot of ways, it was just trying to gross you out. A game that actually tries to creep you out would be Amnesia, Siren, or Silent Hill 1-3. Corpse Party is a happy time rainbow compared to those games. Though, to be fair, Silent Hill does suffer from the same problem that largely made corpse party not that scary, you could walk around without any sense of danger for the majority of the game. Siren, thankfully, remedies that. And you NEVER feel safe.

But, I am able to be creeped out forever. I have somehow maintained my fear no matter how much I've been exposed to it. For which I am quite grateful. So those scenes did very much instill terror in myself.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:17 pm

For you. In that regard, everything you said is debatable.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Shizuka wrote:For you. In that regard, everything you said is debatable.

And everything you said earlier is opinions, too. Funny how that works.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Shizuka wrote:For you. In that regard, everything you said is debatable.

LAMV wrote:And everything you said earlier is opinions, too. Funny how that works.

Don't think this discussion needs to go in this direction >_>

@Shiz: This show is an action/mystery/drama. I'm sure you've seen the various BRS characters in some form, so if you like them, the show is cool. If you were intrigued enough by the first episode, the followups do not disappoint. If neither of the above apply, you can probably skip it with no regrets.

I like the BRS character designs and the plot of episode 1 piqued my interest, so I've been enjoying it ever since.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”