So is this still alive or what?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

You never know.

User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby vertical09 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 am

That'll suck, especially since i dont even want a vita T^T
Image
Image

User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby leinaud » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 am

vertical09 wrote:WOW, that is one nice sig you got there ^^ Do you have the image source?


"looks at bottom of sig"

yeah it is by an artist named Shirogane Usagi. There is a lot of other art if you do a danboorou search of 'em
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image

User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby vertical09 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 am

leinaud wrote:
vertical09 wrote:WOW, that is one nice sig you got there ^^ Do you have the image source?


"looks at bottom of sig"

yeah it is by an artist named Shirogane Usagi. There is a lot of other art if you do a danboorou search of 'em

lol i feel dumb XD I thought that name was someone who made the sig for you :P
oh well, thanks ^^
Image
Image

User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby leinaud » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 am

lol NP. I am going to start to mention names of artists on anything I don't create from now on just to cover my ass. damn SOPA and all....
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 am

leinaud wrote:lol NP. I am going to start to mention names of artists on anything I don't create from now on just to cover my ass. damn SOPA and all....

Although that's been seemingly defeated for the near future at least, just have to keep an eye out for it trying to work its way back in without anyone noticing.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Shizuka » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Until then, we have Black Rock Shooter to look forward to.

User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby leinaud » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am

Shizuka wrote:Until then, we have Black Rock Shooter to look forward to.


sadly it seems we will be waiting a while as NISA is not very forthcoming with information >.<

*sighs and waits patiently*
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby LAMV » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

leinaud wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Until then, we have Black Rock Shooter to look forward to.


sadly it seems we will be waiting a while as NISA is not very forthcoming with information >.<

*sighs and waits patiently*


Yes, this is what's frustrating me. NISA complains about the waning interest of the PSP in the west, but it's like they don't know that the longer they wait on Black Rock Shooter, the longer they wait on giving us any more information on the game, the less interest and less hype there will be. They'll end up LOSING sales in the long run if they keep this up.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Houk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:55 pm

As a rule, we release information according to a schedule that is created based on the projected release date. If you don't see us talking about a game, it's usually because the release date is still a ways off or is undecided.

If you start hyping/promoting a game too much too soon, it's very easy for that energy/interest to run its course before the game even comes out, and then it's all for nothing anyway.

Also, I don't think as a company we've ever "complained" about the waning interest in the PSP, simply observed it. And that would be true regardless of how hard or long we hyped up our own games.

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Shizuka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Maybe that's why I believe that NISA shouldn't have announced it back then. Sure, we would still be asking for it, but it's just the same as we've been asking for plenty of other games. If you announce it, you take the doubt away, and if you do that, the company needs to show progress. If not, it's Square-Enix all over again, and they've lost a lot of hype with their past games if you look into that.

User avatar
Lord Gorchnik
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Lord Gorchnik » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 am

Shizuka wrote:Maybe that's why I believe that NISA shouldn't have announced it back then. Sure, we would still be asking for it, but it's just the same as we've been asking for plenty of other games. If you announce it, you take the doubt away, and if you do that, the company needs to show progress. If not, it's Square-Enix all over again, and they've lost a lot of hype with their past games if you look into that.


Your thoughts mirror mine pretty closely. It was nice to hear that NIS America was localizing this title, but I think it may have came a bit too soon. It was just a few days after the JP version released was it not? I imported 2 copies; one for myself, and one of the special PSP edition for my daughter who likes BRS. We've both played and beaten it so neither of us are really hyped for the NA release per say. Not to mention that I'm not exactly thrilled with the way its being distributed over here, but we've beaten that horse to death in the other topic.

Still, I know that there are lots of fans here that would like to see it released sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, as Houk said, the laws of game localization sadly do not allow them to release news before it is ready. Not because they want to make you mad, but more often that not it is because they actually don't have any new info to report.

And so back we go to waiting for Diablo 3 :lol:

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby vampko » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

Lord Gorchnik wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Maybe that's why I believe that NISA shouldn't have announced it back then. Sure, we would still be asking for it, but it's just the same as we've been asking for plenty of other games. If you announce it, you take the doubt away, and if you do that, the company needs to show progress. If not, it's Square-Enix all over again, and they've lost a lot of hype with their past games if you look into that.


Your thoughts mirror mine pretty closely. It was nice to hear that NIS America was localizing this title, but I think it may have came a bit too soon. It was just a few days after the JP version released was it not? I imported 2 copies; one for myself, and one of the special PSP edition for my daughter who likes BRS. We've both played and beaten it so neither of us are really hyped for the NA release per say. Not to mention that I'm not exactly thrilled with the way its being distributed over here, but we've beaten that horse to death in the other topic.

Still, I know that there are lots of fans here that would like to see it released sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, as Houk said, the laws of game localization sadly do not allow them to release news before it is ready. Not because they want to make you mad, but more often that not it is because they actually don't have any new info to report.

And so back we go to waiting for Diablo 3 :lol:

how would they have improved your situation at all? You imported it cause you were impatient, and now you don't want to buy a localized copy.

If they had waited longer to announce it was coming, that would have MORE people importing it thinking that it was never coming over here.

I'm pretty sure they were trying minimize those importers who aren't willing to double-dip. Double-dippers don't care how long the wait is, they'll still buy it once it gets localized.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 am
Location: http://nyan.cat

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Solice » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 am

I think the situation is still far better than the EU has waiting for Wild Arms games...
Image

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: So is this still alive or what?

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 am

Solice wrote:I think the situation is still far better than the EU has waiting for Wild Arms games...

Still finding ways to entertain yourself I see.

Although to be fair, it's kind of a similar situation, as last I heard they were QA'ing it, but that was a year ago, but they wouldn't have spent four years trying to wrangle the licenses if they didn't intend to release it. So I suspect it will turn up eventually.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea


Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest