Cyberbullying

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cyberbullying

Postby Rednal » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:25 am

Sooner or later, they will give up. They may try persisting for a time, but when you continue to ignore them and they get no reaction, they WILL eventually stop. All you have to do is be patient and outlast them.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Rednal wrote:Sooner or later, they will give up. They may try persisting for a time, but when you continue to ignore them and they get no reaction, they WILL eventually stop. All you have to do is be patient and outlast them.

When you turn your back on a problem, it's not the problem that goes away. They'll wait for you and they'll come back.

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am

Yeah, it's like an ostrich putting its head in the hole, hoping that the problem will go away. It's not going away, you just lying to yourself that you can't see it anymore. :lol:

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 am

See? Romangelo is doing a example of cyberbullying. He's trying to get a reaction from me so he can use it against me to get me banned. That is a example of cyberbullying, guys.

That's why I am not gonna give Romangelo a reaction. I won't give in to cyberbullies.
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 am

Bullying? what? Did I say something bad to you? I'm just trying to help you.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am

There is a reason why I have certain people on my foes list, so I won't give them a reaction so I won't be cyberbullied or trolled. Maybe sometimes, cyberbullying and trolling problems won't go away if u ignore them, but if u keep ignoring the bullies and trolls' hurtful comments.

Pore, your words hold some truth to them, but maybe if u ignore the bullies and trolls for a long time, they will eventually get bored and move on. Thank you for your words of wisdom, Pore. Eventually, the bullies and trolls will be busy with real life or maybe punished when their victims have enough of their tormenting.

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 pm

I came here to post Tyler and found I was beat to the punch. :cry:

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Scumbadsoldier wrote:I came here to post Tyler and found I was beat to the punch. :cry:

Scumbagsolder, if u don't mind me asking, who is Tyler? Is he someone you don't like?

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I like to go over a few things about Romangelo. He was the one who made that hurtful wiki about me on The Gamefaqs Final Fantasy wikia and I was deeply hurt by what he wrote. He is a example of cyberbullying.

Then again, I shouldn't feed the troll and eventually, they will leave people alone if they don't get a reaction like what Romangelo is trying to do.

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Alantor2013 wrote:
Scumbadsoldier wrote:I came here to post Tyler and found I was beat to the punch. :cry:

Scumbagsolder, if u don't mind me asking, who is Tyler? Is he someone you don't like?

zatrox wrote:Image[/url]

"Tyler Gregory Okonma[5] (born March 6, 1991), better known by his stage name Tyler, The Creator, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, musician, graphic designer, music video director, and actor"

-Wikipedia

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Speaking out against cyberbullying and trolling.

Postby Seventh » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:44 pm

lopez wrote:I never understood why people don't just unplug. This isn't like real-life
If you ask me, this sentiment stopped being realistic over a decade ago, especially to the average victim of this stuff. It sure doesn't work as well now when so much of life revolves around the internet. I've got older relatives that do more on social media than I do.

And seriously, how do you "unplug" if someone sends cops to your house or gets a swarm of their friends retweeting some stupid thing related to you or whatever? We're heading towards a reality where "unplugging" almost means not interacting with the world.

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Some people just can't "unplug" because the internet is their life, the only place they're somewhat relevant, or it is a big part of their life to say the least, I think.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:31 am

It's also just not as feasible anymore because of how tied together it's becoming with real life. Imagine being a kid who uses your real name and the solution to your bullying problem is apparently only "stop having access to the thing that allows you to talk to all of your family and friends from out of town whenever you want, work on homework with friends together, etc." - it's an outdated mindset to say the least.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 am

Seventh wrote:It's also just not as feasible anymore because of how tied together it's becoming with real life. Imagine being a kid who uses your real name and the solution to your bullying problem is apparently only "stop having access to the thing that allows you to talk to all of your family and friends from out of town whenever you want, work on homework with friends together, etc." - it's an outdated mindset to say the least.

All the same, ignoring can be simpler than it is with in-person bullying. I mean, when it gets to the level it can, then nothing really helps. But at the more common levels, it's a lot simpler to avoid.

Like utilizing something like the "foe" system on here. Or, in many cases, utilizing a "block" function. You can't really do that with a bully who punches you when you're at school. Or people who badmouth you/dehumanize you irl all the time.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:18 am

Yeah. It's best to ignore your problems instead of making them worse. That way, the cyberbullies and trolls will stop picking on you and pick on someone else who will do the same thing: ignoring their mean remarks and taunts.

But sometimes, it's hard to ignore the problem as the bullies and trolls will stalk u wherever you go. Hell, not to violate the rules in this beloved forum site I go to, but Romangelo is stalking me here. He claims to be giving me advice, but I know it's a lie. He's trying to get a reaction from me so he can use it against me. Hence why I don't trust either members of Lamefaqs and its corrupted moderating staff.

Return to “Random Chat”