Cyberbullying

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cyberbullying

Postby Seventh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:43 am

Getting a moderator involved really isn't the same thing as going "I'm telling!" though. In a case like that, you're on a website where you've agreed to follow rules and guidelines, and your or someone else's following of them has come into question. Or someone is harassing someone else, being an asshole, etc., but that should all already be in the guidelines already anyway.

If a moderator's response to these sorts of things is to tell you to deal with it yourself, I have to ask if they should even be moderating because, frankly, they're not anyway. They're there to moderate. Any user could give that advice.

Now that's not to say it's not advice that shouldn't be given ever or anything. But if an establishment, online or off, has rules, and the only thing that's done with potential rule from there to keep order is to tell people with the issue that they should deal with it themselves or ignore them, that's essentially not having rules in the first place.

What's more, whether or not it's too hard for you to unplug or ignore is a weird mindset in the first place. Not only is it an outdated mindset to begin with (I'm legitimately surprised anyone with regular internet access is trying to push it), but it means the solution here is to punish the supposed victim of whatever is taking place.

Ignoring them can only go so far. They're still on that place, if it's a message board or commenting site, which means they may not be able to take part in conversation without at least looking at what they have to say. Some places' ignore features don't block either, they just hide them, so if you're being harassed or whatever, it just means you can't see it, but it's still there.

Why should their life have to be interrupted in any way from how they were going to go about it sans-cyber bully? That's just giving the bully the power and all of that. Plus, all this attitude says is it's okay to be an ass online because mods won't do anything about it themselves.

I really do not get the logic here.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:59 am

Seventh wrote:Getting a moderator involved really isn't the same thing as going "I'm telling!" though. In a case like that, you're on a website where you've agreed to follow rules and guidelines, and your or someone else's following of them has come into question. Or someone is harassing someone else, being an asshole, etc., but that should all already be in the guidelines already anyway.

If a moderator's response to these sorts of things is to tell you to deal with it yourself, I have to ask if they should even be moderating because, frankly, they're not anyway. They're there to moderate. Any user could give that advice.

Now that's not to say it's not advice that shouldn't be given ever or anything. But if an establishment, online or off, has rules, and the only thing that's done with potential rule from there to keep order is to tell people with the issue that they should deal with it themselves or ignore them, that's essentially not having rules in the first place.

What's more, whether or not it's too hard for you to unplug or ignore is a weird mindset in the first place. Not only is it an outdated mindset to begin with (I'm legitimately surprised anyone with regular internet access is trying to push it), but it means the solution here is to punish the supposed victim of whatever is taking place.

Ignoring them can only go so far. They're still on that place, if it's a message board or commenting site, which means they may not be able to take part in conversation without at least looking at what they have to say. Some places' ignore features don't block either, they just hide them, so if you're being harassed or whatever, it just means you can't see it, but it's still there.

Why should their life have to be interrupted in any way from how they were going to go about it sans-cyber bully? That's just giving the bully the power and all of that. Plus, all this attitude says is it's okay to be an ass online because mods won't do anything about it themselves.

I really do not get the logic here.

Another set of words of wisdom, Seventh. But I doubt it applies to Lamefaqs. I know for a fact that the moderators there are complete assholes and corrupted and drunk with power. When someone is harassing me at Lamefaqs, I tried to report this to the moderators, but I get either warned or suspended unfairly because they claimed I was breaking the Tos on their godawful site which is complete bullcrap. I was defending myself. And when I made a topic on a game's forum about that game's character vs another game character from a different series, it gets removed and I get modded for being off topic which is also bullcrap as well. Which is why I left that troll haven site for good because of those heartless trolling cyberbullies and their corrupted moderator protectors. Now I have a stalker from Lamefaqs who is replying to this thread I made. But I am ignoring him so he won't get a reaction from me.

That's why I don't like certain gaming sites or forums because either they have no moderators or the moderators themselves are corrupted bastards who abused their power and punished the trolls'' victims.

And I would like to point out a certain well known troll who claims he's the hero of the Internet, Geoff Mendicino of Freezecracker. Before I came to the wonderful NISA forums, I received an email back when I graduated from high school that is an invitation to Freezecracker and I thought Geoff was nice, but soon, I realized I may have regretted my choice joining that forum as Geoof Menicindo became drunk with power and became a corrupted asshole by continuing to harass a girl who was a member of his forum online and soon he and his pals targeted other good hearted members like me.

And don't get me started on Amir Mousaly aka SaitoKojima, that super troll. He calls people he don't liked kids and used lies to torment his vicitims and I believe he may be a thief as well, but those are rumors, there is one fact someone told that is true: He claims to have a fiancee from Japan who died a few years after giving birth to his daughter. But turns out it was all a big hoax and he was nothing but a dishonest lying jackass who used cheap tactics on his opponents on online fighting games and he thinks Fighting games are the best and he makes up false info about people's parents.

I can say my horrible experience at Freezecracker applies to Lamefaqs because the moderators at Lamefaqs are like Geoff Menidicno, cruel and drunk with power while also corrupted.

That is why I have issues with cyberbullies and trolls who pick on others to make them feel good. But after looking at everyone's (Except for Romangelo) words of wisdom, I can say this: The cyberbullies and trolls have no idea who their victims look like in real life, they don't even know their victims are having the good life with a great family, a awesome job and they have stuff the cyberbullies and trolls don't normaly have. I now know why Romangelo is doing what he is trying to do to me. He has no idea what I looked like in real life and he doesn't even know I am living the good life and I am not how he and his fellow Lamefaqs trolls think I am. If they did find out what I looked like in real life and is living a great life, it would make them feel bad and they will ever regret cyberbullying and trolling me. Hence I can say the same to the cyberbullies and trolls' victims.

As the saying goes, don't feed the trolls. Or if that doesn't work, either get a competent moderator that you trust the most. But ignoring trolls will help you get better. Also, standing up to them will help as well.
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:19 pm

To be fair, GameFaqs is a huge site and that may be a case of not having enough staff. I've no idea.

What's more, like I said, it's not like "you should deal with it yourself" doesn't always not apply, but if it's a situation of rule breaking or bullying or whatever, then yeah, there should be intervention. I mean, you do need to be able to interact with people too.

If you call on or want mods every time, that's bad too, and probably telling. Either your actions are contributing or you're seeking issues out yourself - which doesn't necessarily forgive lack of mod action if there's something to be done, but it does mean you could do something on your end to better your situation while they sort things out.

Basically, it doesn't universally apply, but I think it applies way more than is being suggested here.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:32 pm

You're right about Lamefaqs being a huge site, but it does have some scumbag moderators who abuse their power and wrongfully punished victims of the trolls.

And that's another issue with moderators, some are nice and willing to hear you out while other moderators turned a blind eye and helped trolls torment their victims. I know for a fact that the NISA moderators are really nice. Your words about abusing a moderator's help hold some truth to them, Seventh.

I would like to go over one moderator from the Nepboards and why I left that forum. It's because one moderator named Nanyako aka Koko is rude, foul mouthed and gets mad whenever his Lamefaqs moderator friends are being insulted and he claims the Lamefaqs moderators are not corrupted, but I don't think that's true.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:50 pm

...You know, some people would say that complaining about others and insulting them behind their back is also a form of cyberbullying...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:05 am

Seventh wrote:What's more, whether or not it's too hard for you to unplug or ignore is a weird mindset in the first place. Not only is it an outdated mindset to begin with (I'm legitimately surprised anyone with regular internet access is trying to push it), but it means the solution here is to punish the supposed victim of whatever is taking place.

Your mindset on unplugging is just as subjective as the mindset championing the act of unplugging. Your views on it imply that someone unplugging simply means they cannot live in the world, when that is factually not true.

There are many individuals who use the internet on a daily, hourly and sometimes minutely basis that would not suffer from simply unplugging. I have, for many years, kept the majority of my online dealings strictly online. Despite how widespread integration with the internet is, life still exists without it, which you seem to imply that it simply cannot.

Alantor2013 wrote:You're right about Gamefaqs being a huge site, but it does have some scumbag moderators who abuse their power and wrongfully punished victims of the trolls.

This happens almost everywhere. It is not mutually exclusive to GameFaqs, people have different opinions on things. If you get hot and bothered and speak out against someone with venom, you'll take the fall before they do. That's what they want to happen. You have to be the better person and just... let it go. Let them be the festering turd stains that they choose to be.

And that's another issue with moderators, some are nice and willing to hear you out while other moderators turned a blind eye and helped trolls torment their victims.

Case by case basis. Really.

I used to be a global moderator on a forum a good several years back, none of the staff saw eye to eye save for a select few of us. Many of the moderators believed I was corrupt in the way I handled issues, yet demanded that we force multi-cultural political correctness across the community. There was no level ground between the five of us, we had no equal-footing nor any ideas that we shared the same opinions on, it led to personal issues amongst us that led to myself and my best friend of; now ten years, being ousted from the community by the very moderators WE elected.

We left angry and upset, we hated those people and that community. We refused to go back for a long time; much like when Houk originally banned me here due to Sik's falsified reports of more than 100+ of my posts. But you know what? We stepped back, took a good look at it all and realized:

It's not worth getting worked up over. Sure, it sucked... like a hell of a lot.... and we were hurt on a personal level, and some of those people even followed us to NISA and other place. You know what, though? Our world wasn't ending, surely. There was no reason to be so angry/mad. We'd be no better than them if we didn't just let it go and move on.

We chose to let it go though, because... well, we came to the conclusion it wasn't worth our time. Same as what I put in the private message I sent to you not long ago. This really isn't worth your time. Also, I'd hate to get sidetracked here but... I do hope you read that, and took the words to heart.

Rednal wrote:...You know, some people would say that complaining about others and insulting them behind their back is also a form of cyberbullying...

They'd also have to have a few loose screws. Not saying they are crazy, but honestly... really? I agree that slandering someone behind their back is messed up, but there's two sides to that story both of which really do not apply to this topic at all, Rednal.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:35 am

Rednal wrote:...You know, some people would say that complaining about others and insulting them behind their back is also a form of cyberbullying...

You're right. I apologize for that.

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm

If you still don't know why you're having so many problems on the internet, I'll tell you a little.

You're always rude to other people. Those "trolls" on the gfaqs board, you called them trolls and insulted them personally just because they don't like a video game you like. You reported them to moderators but they didn't actually violate the rules, they just stated their (negative) opinions about the game. You on the other hand, insulted them personally and called them names, being rude to them, so the mods banned you instead.

It's because the way you act. That's the reason why people want to play with you.

Then you wrote a blog about people you don't like on gfaqs, mentioning their names and even the country they're from. You also complained about them on another Neptunia forum, blaming your problem on everyone, and the mods of gfaqs, even though it was 70-80% your own faults.

Then you met me again on Siliconera and you didn't like my opinions about video games there, and as always, you never tried to debate people with reasons, you just insulted me and called me names. You called me a pedo just because I like some characters like Rikku, Serah Farron, etc. but then I found out that you post on NIS forums that you "want to have a wild monkey sex" with Neptunia characters. It's kinda hilarious though. These characters look a lot younger than FF characters. I poke fun about that a little bit and you cried out a river that you're the victim of cyberbullying.

If you really want to solve all of your problems, you should stop acting so childish, stop being rude to other people who have different opinions. They're not your enemies just because they don't like the same thing you do.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm

@Romangelo

You're just trying to get a reaction from me. It's not working. You're on my foes' list for a reason and it's because you're cyberbullying me. You're even stalking me and trying to get a reaction from me so u can use it against me.

I'm not always rude, I am nice to everyone here in the NISA forums. I don't know how you found out about my blogs, but that's clearly stalking like what you're doing right now. So I am standing up to a cyberbully like u, Romangelo.

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 pm

I did not stalk you. I search for my own name sometimes and I found out that you talked about me on your blog and on other forums.

And I'm a member of this NISA forums before I know you're here. I'm a Neptunia and Atelier fans, you know. I have all the games in these series before they lost all the deals to publish them.

You also stalked me on Siliconera.

Well, I don't hate you though. I'm here to help you.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Wait... Is this true? Even though u worship Motomru Toriyama and hate Nomura but that's just your opinion?

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Why? Neptunia and Atelier characters look a lot better than Nomura's characters. :lol:

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Huh... Maybe you're really trying to help me. Maybe I was wrong about u Romangelo. U and I have different tastes in games, but we need to respect each other's tastes in gaming. I'm sorry for being a jerk to u and letting my emotions get the best of me.

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Romangelo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Not just me, you should calm yourself and don't be rude to other people, even for those who you don't like. Don't take stuffs on the internet too seriously. You see on that gfaqs wikia there's a page about myself, I'm an admin but I allow people to make fun of me all they want. Try to see everything on the internet as a kind of entertainment, It'll be good for you.

You know what kind of people that trolls want to avoid on the internet? It's those people who act like an adult, who can argue with reasons, and have a strong mind that is not easy to provoke. Most trolls will try to avoid these kind of people and not interested to play with.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Gotta say, I agree with Romangelo here. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Random Chat”