Once you have Ventrilo installed the next step will be to enter in the server information:
1) Open Ventrilo
2) Create a user-->
>click the arrow next to the user field at the top of the window
>enter your name
3) Click the arrow next to 'server', underneath the arrow you previously clicked for 'user name' --->
>click 'new' and name it whatever you want
>for hostname or IP copy and paste this (without quotations): "18.104.22.168"
>port number should be 3784
>password will be "neptunia" for now
<<<<<You are now on the server I hope>>>>>>>>>
Now it's just a matter of configuring your voice controls. If you CANNOT talk, click the comment button on the right side to let people know with a message "Not working. need help omg"
But anyways the next step to get your microphone working is... (typing this now)
1) Click 'setup' on the right hand side
2) Make sure you check the box for 'Use Push to talk hotkey
' up at the top right
> A little below there is a large white rectangle you can click in. Click inside of it and then press the button you want to hold to talk, just once. Many people use one of their control or shift buttons. I use "end"
NEXT is the most important type that may vary from person to person
3) On the right hand side there are drop down menus and check boxes for INPUT and OUTPUT.
4) Check the boxes
for "use direct sound" for each
5) in the two top right drop down menus select "default directsound device"
6) click "ok" at the bottom of the window.
--->Also you can double click which channel you want to go to
It SHOULD work by now, but if it does not, the input or output device likely needs to be changed. Make sure your microphone is not muted too