The Random posts of Doom thread!

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:39 pm

I've almost used up my entire crummy 2 GB data plan, and my billing cycle ends the 15th. Good thing Verizon was there to notice my usage and ask for more money.


Spoiler:
Image
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Darcnova » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:50 pm

lopez wrote:Apparently critics love the new Galaxy movie. Some say it's the best in the Marvel catalog of movies.


Just got back from it, and I have to say it's my favorite...the only ones of Marvel's catalogue that I have yet to see are Iron Man 3, Avengers, and the new Captain America movie, so it tops quite a few in my eyes :lol:

But yeah, it was very good.

User avatar
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8216
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Maryland

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby XCronoX » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Seventh wrote:
XCronoX wrote:Sharknado 2 premiered on Wed night, or did you mean you hope there's going to be a third one?

I meant a sequel to Sharktopus vs Pteracuda in which Sharknado appears. :lol:


Oh ok gotcha, what about a dragonnado huh..huh?

Was Guardians of the Galaxy the group that Cyclops' father is the leader of, or was that a diff group? I'll watch it whenever it comes on like HBO or whatever the last Marvel movie I watched was Thor: Dark World(well fell asleep watching and still haven't seen the end of it).
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby lopez » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Darcnova wrote:
lopez wrote:Apparently critics love the new Galaxy movie. Some say it's the best in the Marvel catalog of movies.


Just got back from it, and I have to say it's my favorite...the only ones of Marvel's catalogue that I have yet to see are Iron Man 3, Avengers, and the new Captain America movie, so it tops quite a few in my eyes :lol:

But yeah, it was very good.


What'd you like the best? What does it do that makes it so good?
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:58 am

The things I hear it gets right are the humour and tone really, it's about a bunch of self-absorbed, well, outcasts really, banding together to do something bigger them themselves, because, why not?
Also it's probably the most self-contained one they've done in a while.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8216
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Maryland

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby XCronoX » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:20 am

Thought I was going to go up a level or something on GFAQS, I hit 6k karma today.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6354
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Ubiquitor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

XCronoX wrote:Was Guardians of the Galaxy the group that Cyclops' father is the leader of, or was that a diff group?


The latter; the space-faring group led by Corsair (Cyclops' father) is known as the Starjammers. Incidentally, the Guardians and the Starjammers have encountered one another/teamed-up on more than one occasion in the comics; however, this seems unlikely in regard to future movies.

Also, the movie was quite excellent.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:
Image

Image
"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

User avatar
PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 15853
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 am
Location: Brazil

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby PringlesXD » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:08 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel film yet.

Neat avatar, Sats.

User avatar
MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5093
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: Thinking is dangerous.

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby MountainFresh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:38 pm

I might just be done with these forums. Too much to keep up with, and not enough time to do so. I have too many things to think about, and with school starting soon, I have that on my shoulders as well.
Image

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Darcnova » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Ringwraith wrote:The things I hear it gets right are the humour and tone really, it's about a bunch of self-absorbed, well, outcasts really, banding together to do something bigger them themselves, because, why not?
Also it's probably the most self-contained one they've done in a while.


Yeah, the humor doesn't distract from the more serious storyline, so it works out pretty nicely. The action and stuff wasn't bad either.

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:47 pm

MountainFresh wrote:I might just be done with these forums. Too much to keep up with, and not enough time to do so. I have too many things to think about, and with school starting soon, I have that on my shoulders as well.

It'd be a shame to see you go, but it's good to see you prioritize education over the ramblings of an internet based forum.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:53 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
MountainFresh wrote:I might just be done with these forums. Too much to keep up with, and not enough time to do so. I have too many things to think about, and with school starting soon, I have that on my shoulders as well.

It'd be a shame to see you go, but it's good to see you prioritize education over the ramblings of an internet based forum.

Pretty much this. Whatever you do, Fresh, we're with ya.
Image

User avatar
KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3461
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm

I love how I got a 99.5 on my last Psychology exam instead of a 100. SO. FREAKING. CLOSE.

Oh well, at least I got some extra credit points to make up for it.

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I kind of wish I were still in school instead of being forced to accept the harsh responsibilities of not working hard at all and spending a lot of time wearing pajamas/bath robes.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3461
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:10 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:I kind of wish I were still in school instead of being forced to accept the harsh responsibilities of not working hard at all and spending a lot of time wearing pajamas/bath robes.

I wish I had pajamas. I have to make do with gym shorts.


Return to “Random Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests