I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
Maninthebox
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: RSM, CA

I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Maninthebox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

But I can't.

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Shizuka » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

And I want to work at XSEED, but we don't always get what we want.

User avatar
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm

I'd apply if I lived closer...

But I don't.

IntentionPuropsely
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby IntentionPuropsely » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:07 pm

XSEED all the way!

User avatar
Xeras
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5893
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am
Location: In the frozen ashes

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Xeras » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm

IntentionPuropsely wrote:XSEED all the way!



How did you manage to misspell your own username. ^^;
Caera Rouge of Brynhildr

Remember this if anything. No Matter what you have done, no matter how 'late' it is, It is never too late to accept Jesus. Even after the One World stuff happens, so long as you don't get that mark.

User avatar
RozalinLover
Majin
Majin
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: Santa Ana

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby RozalinLover » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Sheleigha wrote:I'd apply if I lived closer...

But I don't.


you don't but I certainly do. ^.^
....why haven't I tried applying there? :o
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Feel free to add me on Steam

User avatar
Good-for-nothing
Majin
Majin
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Dark Assembly, costing 1 Mana

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Good-for-nothing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:31 pm

RozalinLover wrote:you don't but I certainly do. ^.^
....why haven't I tried applying there? :o


You're hired. Here's a broom: start sweeping those floors, kid.
Image
Bonus: -5

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby lopez » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Working for NISA isn't as glamorous as people may think.... :?
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby vampko » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

lopez wrote:Working for NISA isn't as glamorous as people may think.... :?

Not many places are glamorous. I would like to work there, but I am well aware of the sort of problems associated with it.

I also live too far away right now, and just am not confident enough in my Japanese skills yet.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby lopez » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:35 pm

vampko wrote:
lopez wrote:Working for NISA isn't as glamorous as people may think.... :?

Not many places are glamorous. I would like to work there, but I am well aware of the sort of problems associated with it.

I also live too far away right now, and just am not confident enough in my Japanese skills yet.


I'm not sure if you'd still be a fan of video games and anime after working for a localization company... being around the material for so long tends to cause people to "burnout".... :?
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby vampko » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 pm

lopez wrote:
vampko wrote:
lopez wrote:Working for NISA isn't as glamorous as people may think.... :?

Not many places are glamorous. I would like to work there, but I am well aware of the sort of problems associated with it.

I also live too far away right now, and just am not confident enough in my Japanese skills yet.


I'm not sure if you'd still be a fan of video games and anime after working for a localization company... being around the material for so long tends to cause people to "burnout".... :?

I've got this unique ability to always see something as a fresh approach. In all the time I worked as a 360 tester, I never actually found it to be repetitive. Even when I was sitting there turning consoles on and off :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
RozalinLover
Majin
Majin
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: Santa Ana

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby RozalinLover » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:56 am

Good-for-nothing wrote:
RozalinLover wrote:you don't but I certainly do. ^.^
....why haven't I tried applying there? :o


You're hired. Here's a broom: start sweeping those floors, kid.



What?! I'm not even dead and I get the Prinny title?
I sometimes wonder if I'm in hell already....dood.... :cry:
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Feel free to add me on Steam

User avatar
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby Sheleigha » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm

lopez wrote:
I'm not sure if you'd still be a fan of video games and anime after working for a localization company... being around the material for so long tends to cause people to "burnout".... :?


Working in various locations in retail that have sold games, I never found it stale. Some of my co workers have, saying they couldn't enjoy games anymore (and once they left, they could again) but I never got to that state. I just always wish I could go home and play stuff >_>

Besides, I'm sure Nisa/XSEED/etc would pay better than being a peon at my job. I pretty much AM a Prinny!

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: I WANT TO WORK AT NIS, AMERICA...

Postby lopez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Sheleigha wrote:
lopez wrote:
I'm not sure if you'd still be a fan of video games and anime after working for a localization company... being around the material for so long tends to cause people to "burnout".... :?


Working in various locations in retail that have sold games, I never found it stale. Some of my co workers have, saying they couldn't enjoy games anymore (and once they left, they could again) but I never got to that state. I just always wish I could go home and play stuff >_>

Besides, I'm sure Nisa/XSEED/etc would pay better than being a peon at my job. I pretty much AM a Prinny!


Well the retail scene is different. I was talking specifically about a localization company. It's a completely different experience working on text and voice-acting vs. talking about games and making transactions... <_<
Image


Return to “Random Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests