Mafia XIX - This Game Ends With You
Mafia time again!
Mafia, if you didn't already know, is a game which pits an informed minority (mafia) against an uninformed majority (town), with flavored bits and third parties mixed in.
For information about the game itself and some ground rules, see here
.Answers to basic questions you may have
Here's a list of common roles
and some commonly used abbreviations.Rules of Engagement:
1) There are no rules in this game except: WIN. AT ANY COST.
2) Ignore rule #1, that doesn't make any sense.
3) Ignore rule #2, acting all high and mighty. Who put her in charge?
4) This is stupid. Let's start over.
........Rules of Engagement (2.0)
1) Don't talk about mafia.
2) Do NOT talk about mafia.
3) Day phases are 48 hours long; you may vote for a Deadline Extension (20% of town must agree to; DE may only happen once per day phase). Night phases are 48 hours long, but will end the moment all night actions are sent in. If your night action is not sent in by this point, you will miss your chance to have a night action. If you plan on sending in no action, send a PM saying so. You may even send your night action early (before night falls), but it will of course not go through if you died during the day or something.
4) If a majority vote is reached, the vote will be considered locked as soon as a GM locks it. After that point, changing your vote won't be possible. If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest vote count will be lynched at the deadline. Ties will be solved with dice rolls.
5) The day phase will end once all actions are submitted and the lynch has been locked.
6) PMing other players is allowed.
7) No speaking to dead players; there is a chance they will return. No dead posting in the main thread.
8) If you have any questions about your role, send me a PM.
9) If you sign up, you must play. If you don't want to play, obviously do not bother signing up.
10) No alts may sign up. This is my first game. Please don't screw with it.
11) Role-revealing is allowed. Mass claims are allowed, but only in-thread.
12) No twilight-claiming (claiming after being lynch-locked).
13) There will not be a N0 unless you guys want one.Advisements:
1) Do not lurk. It hurts your team. By lurking, I mean doing nothing even though you've been online; as such, it does not apply to those who simply lack time.
2) Copyrighted voting excuses/defenses may be utilized only with the express permission of the copyright holder. The GMs cannot be held responsible for damages caused by failure to properly follow this instruction.
3) Anything you say can and will be used against you.
4) If something game breaking happens, even if it is not your fault, I would appreciate it if you ran it by us. We can work something out and the game can continue; once the game ends, you will be given a medal.
5) Don't take things personally or get upset. If someone tries to get a rise out of you/ tricks you/ gets you killed/ accuses you, that is part of the game and no reason to be angry with them. Feel free to be best friends in some other thread. There are no friends in mafia.
6) Mafia is recommended to be played in a seated position.
7) Men are advised to wear headgear while playing mafia to minimize damage caused by head-desking.
8) Women are advised to wear as little as possible, but that's more of a marketing thing.
9) If you are new, don't hesitate to ask other members for tips on how to play; also, watching what they do may help you.