Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Official Mugen Souls Reviews Thread

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

KoineNacu wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
ShadowJetX wrote:Hey guys, check this trendy review out:

http://trendygamers.com/2013/01/01/mugen-souls-review/

The real debate with this one is whether the writer did it for views or not.

Way to perpetuate the "oh noes, it haz lolis, kill it with fire" stereotype, Adam. Image

Though I am curious as to what that Japanese text is in the "Final Word" section. I tried to put it in Bing Translate and I got some Japanese characters and "you're in Japan."

That (Not grammatically accurate, I believe)Japanese is roughly translated to "Fakku you Japan"

Well, I imagine it wouldn't be grammatically accurate seeing as how the one person who commented on the article said that it was broken Japanese, also explaining why Bing Translate couldn't translate the entire sentence.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

KoineNacu
Majin
Majin

Postby KoineNacu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
KoineNacu wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:

Way to perpetuate the "oh noes, it haz lolis, kill it with fire" stereotype, Adam. Image

Though I am curious as to what that Japanese text is in the "Final Word" section. I tried to put it in Bing Translate and I got some Japanese characters and "you're in Japan."

That (Not grammatically accurate, I believe)Japanese is roughly translated to "Fakku you Japan"

Well, I imagine it wouldn't be grammatically accurate seeing as how the one person who commented on the article said that it was broken Japanese, also explaining why Bing Translate couldn't translate the entire sentence.

Eh, figures. I only know very little Japanese, though.

Also interesting in that article is:

Compile Heart’s Wikipedia page is a right repository of games that never left the shores of Japan because they would never make it past North American censors.

Even though half (Or most, if you count CERO B along with A) of Compile Heart's games are for Children(In Japan, they might get at most a T rating here in North America), those games are just not that localize-worthy, I'd assume. (I mean, they don't sell as well (I think) than, say, Agarest or Neptunia, which are CERO C and D (Neptunia 1 is a CERO B, though, so that is one exemption. Another is Octomania, but people don't seem to know about that.)

(Just in case if you don't know the CERO system: A(all ages), B(12 and up), C (15 and up), D (17 and up), Z (18 and up))

Edit: Agarest and Neptunia are two of the only 3 series CH has made (Newest one, of course, is Mugen Souls) but the original games by themselves still seem to sell better than the other games (This is a guess, so I might be wrong.)
Moe~

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
KoineNacu wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:

Bing sucks horribly bad to no end at translating Japanese. "Broken Japanese" is no reason for it to not be able to translate it.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 pm

vampko wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
KoineNacu wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:

Bing sucks horribly bad to no end at translating Japanese. "Broken Japanese" is no reason for it to not be able to translate it.

Just put it into Google Translate (had to take it out of that one comment because the reviewer took it out of the review) and it indeed returned as "Fuck you, Japan," which was what KoineNacu translated it as (Fakku is romaji for fuck).
Trophy card
Spoiler:

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 am

That's what happens when someone who doesn't like a specific genre reviews a game in that genre. Sad.

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:37 am

I've never heard of that site before. From the name perhaps they specialize in giving high "reviews" to mainstream games like Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, etc, while giving bad ones to obscure games. Nothing to see here, really.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 am

:lol: Hmm. As long as I'm here, well...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 am

It was a poorly thought out review unlike the other reviews he has done for that website. His bias against moe characters,and the game itself is made very clear multiple times in the review. A lot of useless/wrong information for example NISA going to jail if they released a uncensored Mugen Souls,explaining what moe is,stating that the fan base is only a sliver market ,and not a niche market,and majority of CH's games would need to be censored.

Assuming he learns from this experience maybe he will show less hate in his reviews next time ,or not even review theses types of games to begin with .

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

That wasn't even a review so much as a rant on how much the guy hates fanservice. :lol:
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

Funny, in its own way, and also good for use as a sample of the way the game tends to polarize opinions. Near as I can tell, Mugen Souls basically forces people to review it subjectively instead of objectively, since you're pretty much either going to like it or not. :lol:

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 pm

I didn't even look at it. You're just doing the guy a favor by viewing it, since it increases his view count, which might encourage him to write more crappy articles.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm

On the other hand, lots of crappy and obviously biased reviews destroy trust, which can make people not want to play, so... XD;

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Not to mention basically every reply to that 'review' (*cough*rant*cough*) is deriding the guy for being biased, not doing his research, etc etc. Unless he's a troll, hate mail is generally a good indicator to a person that 'hey, maybe I shouldn't do stuff like this anymore.'... and since he at least had the decency to remove that 'final word' thing (you know, the japanese phrase roughly equivalent to '[email protected]#$ you, Japan') instead of keeping it, I don't think he's a troll. Just... easily offended and ill-tempered or something. :lol:
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm

greenzsaber wrote:I've never heard of that site before. From the name perhaps they specialize in giving high "reviews" to mainstream games like Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, etc, while giving bad ones to obscure games. Nothing to see here, really.

Well, they gave Legasista a 9, so that's clearly not the case.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 pm

No way would this have gotten AO Red Dead Redemption's DLC has a full sex scene and a uncovered penis in it and it got a M. So you are telling me covered Lolis in a bath are gonna get AO ... Yeah I am thinking not.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Return to “Mugen Souls”