Bugs / Glitches

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Kyupo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Bugs / Glitches

Postby Kyupo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 am

First of all hey everyone, first time poster long time lurker.

Has anyone who has gotten their EU copy of the game noticed any oddities within the game?

Specifically how the config menu doesn't keep your settings if you quit the game (back to the XMB, switch off PS3 boot back up etc) and come back?

Only really noticed this because for some reason the game doesn't scale properly to my screen size, and while I can manually set it, it won't save those settings when I next come back to the game after switching off the PS3 or going back to the XMB and coming back, and that goes for all the other options as well.

Another issue is when creating a new peon, if you go to the voice customisation tab while having english on in the config menu you don't hear the sample voices, but if you have the japanese on you do. (I can't tell if this is suppose to be like this or not... probably not)

So if anyone else who has an EU copy of the game could spare a minute or 2 and just test those things out to see if this is something thats effecting all other copies of the game, or if this is just limited to me T_T... you would be awesome!

Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Bugs / Glitches

Postby Lyner Barfless » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 am

Hello, welcome to our forums! I'll cover at least one of your questions...

The custom-created peons only have JP voiceovers. We didn't include English voices for them because we decided to voice more story scenes, which took away from our ability to voice the thousands of battle lines required for those peons. It took some deliberating, but I truly believe it was the best choice for players! Plus now you can shout out your own battle lines in English :)

As for the config option difficulties, are you exiting the game via the PS Button while on the Config screen? Most IF/CH games work like this: you gotta hit the circle button to "back out" of the config menu and it should prompt you to save or discard your new settings. That -should- lock them in place, but I guess we'll need another European fan to help you out to make sure.

Again, welcome! I hope you enjoy posting as much as you've enjoyed reading!
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:The custom-created peons only have JP voiceovers. We didn't include English voices for them because we decided to voice more story scenes, which took away from our ability to voice the thousands of battle lines required for those peons. It took some deliberating, but I truly believe it was the best choice for players! Plus now you can shout out your own battle lines in English :)

I agree with that. I would rather hear the story dubbed then hear them screaming in fights in English.
Thank You

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Ideally, NISA would have the budget to dub all lines, but... yeah, having story scenes voiced is WAY more important to me than random Peons I probably won't use having a ton of battle lines. XD; I agree with NISA's decision here completely.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

It is kinda sad that these are actually decisions you guys have to make. Still, I think you made the right choice there.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Kyupo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyupo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:Hello, welcome to our forums! I'll cover at least one of your questions...

The custom-created peons only have JP voiceovers. We didn't include English voices for them because we decided to voice more story scenes, which took away from our ability to voice the thousands of battle lines required for those peons. It took some deliberating, but I truly believe it was the best choice for players! Plus now you can shout out your own battle lines in English :)

As for the config option difficulties, are you exiting the game via the PS Button while on the Config screen? Most IF/CH games work like this: you gotta hit the circle button to "back out" of the config menu and it should prompt you to save or discard your new settings. That -should- lock them in place, but I guess we'll need another European fan to help you out to make sure.

Thanks for the welcome! ^^

I kinda thought along those lines for the peon part but I honestly wasn't 100% sure. When I tried out the customisation for a peon for the first time I tried out the voice tab and I'm sure you know you have like a little prompt thing at the bottem left to "audition" the voice, but when I tried pressing square it weren't working, so I didn't know if it was some odd ball bug or was just not included as you explained. (good decision by the way ^^b)

Thanks for clearing that part up! I have a feeling it might throw off some other people though for the first time when they try to sample a voice in english XD.

As for the config menu, it's just not letting me keep the settings after I completly quit out of the game and come back to it, even though I do apply and save the settings. Intersting thing is though if I quit to the main menu while in-game so your on the title screen it'll still keep the settings and after I reload a save of course while on the main title menu, it's just when I decide to take a break (switch off console, go back to the XMB) and come back to the game I have to keep resizing my screen and changing some stuff around to my liking.

Just have zero idea what to do about it, it's a minor issue but just really tedious having to keep doing it over and over again and I still dunno if it's just limited to me or not XD...

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Kyupo wrote:
Lyner Barfless wrote:Hello, welcome to our forums! I'll cover at least one of your questions...

Thanks for the welcome! ^^

I kinda thought along those lines for the peon part but I honestly wasn't 100% sure. When I tried out the customisation for a peon for the first time I tried out the voice tab and I'm sure you know you have like a little prompt thing at the bottem left to "audition" the voice, but when I tried pressing square it weren't working, so I didn't know if it was some odd ball bug or was just not included as you explained. (good decision by the way ^^b)

Thanks for clearing that part up! I have a feeling it might throw off some other people though for the first time when they try to sample a voice in english XD.

As for the config menu, it's just not letting me keep the settings after I completly quit out of the game and come back to it, even though I do apply and save the settings. Intersting thing is though if I quit to the main menu while in-game so your on the title screen it'll still keep the settings and after I reload a save of course while on the main title menu, it's just when I decide to take a break (switch off console, go back to the XMB) and come back to the game I have to keep resizing my screen and changing some stuff around to my liking.

Just have zero idea what to do about it, it's a minor issue but just really tedious having to keep doing it over and over again and I still dunno if it's just limited to me or not XD...

Are you using an older TV were resizing the screen is really necessary? I know of a lot of games that let you do that but I rarely find it necessary.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Kyupo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyupo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:Are you using an older TV were resizing the screen is really necessary? I know of a lot of games that let you do that but I rarely find it necessary.

Nah it's pretty new since I only bought it just over a year ago, and this is the first game I have had to do this with XD.. It's really bizarre, most games that even let you mess around with that stuff usually lets you set it the first time when you boot up the game and just keeps it to whatever you set it to as default (which is usually the correct sizing anyway automatically).

Like to explain my screen size is a 27 inch 1080P TV, but when I load up mugen souls for the first time the screen size is like it's set to 23/24 but centerd so you see like a black border around the image which isn't really nice to look at it and y'know, quite noticeable.

It's just really strange, that and well it won't keep my settings so I have to keep changing it.

TheSwordUser
Vassal
Vassal

Postby TheSwordUser » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Just check if your TV has an option to adjust overscan. Look around menu or just refer to manual.
Chances are, you can do something about overscan for everything else.

Kyupo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyupo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm

/sigh

So for some reason reinstalling the game data a second time fixed the issue, go figure something simple that I overlooked would solve it. Yay... :lol:

Right well, thats sorted out then. Thanks for suggestions everyone! I shall leave it up to a mod/admin if this should be closed or not.

Selphares
Majin
Majin

Postby Selphares » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 am

It is not a bug in that sense but sort of a minor problem in the Mugen Fields. I started to enter them at level 10 when they got aviable and had already at around the third combat a shipbattle. After that I had a jump from level 10 to 31 from the experience. The rest of the combats were a cake after that since my enemies had at max a level around 17 at the end when I reached the 10th floor and I guess I am now for a part of the story a bit overpowered.

So more as an advice to use the Mugen fields maybe not to early if you not want to lower the story as a challenge. Than again I guess that ship combats are propably quite random and I had just quite a lot of luck.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah, the Mugen Field's like that. XD

On the other hand, this isn't a game that really objects if you overwhelmingly crush everything that gets in your way, so...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Selphares
Majin
Majin

Postby Selphares » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 am

Rednal wrote:Yeah, the Mugen Field's like that. XD

On the other hand, this isn't a game that really objects if you overwhelmingly crush everything that gets in your way, so...

Heheh True. In general mthe fights so far looked not that tough. At least if you not enrage your enemies. Aside of that I play it more for the story and I like the combat so far. It is only that Mugen fields can unbalance things pretty fast. :)

nisrocks
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Bugs / Glitches / Translation error

Postby nisrocks » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 am

I'll just post it here, cause I don't want to make a new thread for that..

I think there is a translation error with Marina's passive ability:
It says something that other female party members get a 10% stat boost, but apparently it's only Marina who gets a 10% boost for each other female member.

It's not a big deal, just wanted to inform you.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 am

Rednal wrote:Yeah, the Mugen Field's like that. XD

Until you get to Chapter 8... Then the game starts kicking your ass.

Return to “Mugen Souls”