Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:And here i though he was a hard worker *sigh* i bet it was he who put up Dees's as a demon lord :lol: plus I noticed that alys's Title was "weakling" Though that is true somewhat glad to see you fixed that btw is supras weapon really a fishing rod?

Thanks for taking a look at the Supra article, I was pretty upset at the time but now I'm good. I just wanted to show you how her article looks before I fix it up later today. Winxfan1 really loves his badges and will go far enough to add fake "filler" pages full over every single picture on the wiki and all categories just to be in first place. Supra does not use a fishing rod in battle,
Spoiler:
she mainly uses a scythe when she joins the party and a pistol when you fight her.

Actually, I think the "Founder" of the Mugen Souls wiki put Dees as a Demon Lord since he says that he hasn't even beaten the game yet.

We're not upset about spelling errors but want to help out our wonderful contributors with some simple tips. I'd rather have a brand new idea that is true but spelled wrong instead of useless information that's false with correct capitalization.

Readability, comprehension and reliable information are a few things we try to provide. Information seekers (those who never heard of the game) may get the first impression that the wiki is going to be difficult to read and will no longer continue reading the wiki. Luckily the Mugen Souls wiki has not been made public on wikia.com yet.

Voltphoenix can speak English very well but capitalizes the first letter of most words. I know Arabic so I can under how difficult it is to get used to proper capitalization, ever word in the Arabic language starts off with a capital letter.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Still i keep thinking what further i can add.....not sure...who to work on next

If you're looking for something to add, you can probably take a take a break, play Mugen Souls Z or look at some popular wikis like the Hyperdimension Neptunia or Agarest Wars wiki.

I browse those wikis all the time and they are more complete wikis than the Mugen Souls wiki. I take a lot of ideas from those wikis and attempt to add them here.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Cool i took a good look at it and man it looked pretty wrong, no doubt you'll fix it good!
Is he unaware that you've played the JP and KOR versions of Mugen souls Z?

Probably not, they haven't logged in for 6 months.

You're still helping out a lot just by talking about it here. Giving suggestions and feeback like Rednal said on the Mugen Souls fanclub is a huge help. The wiki is a place to share information about the game and feel happy about contributing to something you love, the last article you made was really good and better than most of the articles on the wiki! If you want to see half-assed articles, I will add a category for them to show you what one looks like.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I suppose it does a little i guess. The Mugen Souls fanclub huh I suppose but I don't think i said anything there ...yet.
Yeah though what I'm contributing might scare away any potential player lol "here have a lv999 stat thrown at you" :lol: maybe I'm expecting Too much outta everyone.
Heh heh well yeah if you want, I'll take a look at it.

I think expectations for small wiki like this one aren't that high but we do our best so it will look nice in the future. Are you currently playing anything at the moment? I think it would be easier to write articles while you're playing something. Since I'm currently playing Mugen Souls Z, I'm making a lot of Mugen Souls Z articles. When I was playing the original Mugen Souls, I was working on articles for those.

BTW, the Mugen Souls wiki uses the "wikia" layout which is the perfect for making media related wikis (wikia was actually meant to sound like media) about specific videogames, books, movies etc. There are many different type of wiki styles out there. Most Japanese wikis for games are spoiler-free strategy guides, they are very organized and easy to navigate with almost no pictures or pictures of anything unless it's useful for beating the game such as "Maps" etc.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:... crap sumthin just came up i'll do my edits fast tomorrow not on sunday but it'll be fast so yeah fix and alter and remove if needed.
I

Oh crap, didn't see your post about the wiki yesterday but I don't think we have any fans requesting anything. It's just you, Feinoha, Winxfan1, and some random wiki user working on this wiki.

I just build random articles. I actually hope greensaber or someone makes a platinum guide for Mugen Souls Z so I can put it on the navigation. A speedrun plat for this game can be done really fast because of it's flexibility in time management.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:28 am

Do I have my own page in this yet?
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:51 pm

greenzsaber wrote:Do I have my own page in this yet?

Not yet, we just added your gamefaqs and PSN trophie's page on as external links on the main page navigation.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Well considering you guys just linked my stuff without even asking me about it...
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Oh btw saw the fanart page CCP some of them are really good! keep up the good work.....while i be a lazy ditz :lol:

You're welcome, I only added one picture to that page. All I've been doing recently is cleaning up pictures and giving them transparencies.

greenzsaber wrote:Well considering you guys just linked my stuff without even asking me about it...

Alright, I'll ask now :D

Is it okay to link your stuff to the Mugen Souls wiki? I wasn't really too familiar with the legalities of linking to other sites but I know stealing it and calling it theirs is not legal.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Since you're asking now and they're still currently linked, a do-over is in order. How about this, take them off for two weeks, work on my page, then ask again. If I like it, everything's all good and they can go back.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

greenzsaber wrote:Since you're asking now and they're still currently linked, a do-over is in order. How about this, take them off for two weeks, work on my page, then ask again. If I like it, everything's all good and they can go back.

Sounds great, have anything specific you would like to see on your page?

Spoiler:
Maybe I should step down as wiki admin. I've been doing really bad lately ;(
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:21 pm

To greenzsaber: You have no right to dictate whether or not the wiki links to your guides. (Legal info: http://webdesign.about.com/od/legal/a/aa030507.htm)

If you try to "edit war" with contributors to get the link removed, I may have to block you.
PSN: YuriFan9999

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:To greenzsaber: You have no right to dictate whether or not the wiki links to your guides. (Legal info: http://webdesign.about.com/od/legal/a/aa030507.htm)

If you try to "edit war" with contributors to get the link removed, I may have to block you.

Phew, thanks for clearing this up NYF, you really didn't have to do all that work to cover my back. Looks like it says that there's no need to ask permission to link unless it's purposely to do evil. I will still keep the link unless greenzsaber believes that it will do some harm or if there are some protections to linking to that particular page.

Taken from the legal info about linking.
Spoiler:
Web Links and the Law

Because the act of linking to a site does not imply ownership or endorsement, there is no reason you would need to ask permission to link to a site that is publically accessible. For example, if you found a site URL through a search engine, then linking to it shouldn't have legal ramifications. There have been one or two cases in the United States that imply that the act of linking without permission is legally actionable, but these have been overturned everytime they come up.

What you need to be careful of is what you say in and around your link. For example, if you write something denigrating of the linked site you could be sued for libel by the site owner.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 am

I have a hidden agenda, and it's got nothing to do with any of what was mentioned. No one's getting in trouble or anything. Just play along for now and we'll see how this goes. I won't bother tampering with the wiki since that's not my thing.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 am

greenzsaber wrote:I have a hidden agenda, and it's got nothing to do with any of what was mentioned. No one's getting in trouble or anything. Just play along for now and we'll see how this goes. I won't bother tampering with the wiki since that's not my thing.

I want to play along, I definitely want to do something to help you out. The hidden agenda sounds serious if it's hidden. I'll still do what I can to help you out because I think it would be great to work together! Wiki's belong to everybody unless they vandalize, you can even make an article about yourself on your own there as long as it's an interesting article related to Mugen Souls.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 pm

I strongly advise against creation of autobiographies (outside of the User: namespace anyway):

• They are often vandal magnets which require policing to be sure that no false/defamatory information gets in.
  • Once posted, the user has no control over the content of their autobiography, and must accept that it can be edited by others.
  • The page may or may not be deleted upon request.
PSN: YuriFan9999

Return to “Mugen Souls”