A very newbish attempt at advice

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
prinny<3
New Vassal
New Vassal

A very newbish attempt at advice

Postby prinny<3 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Hay guys hows everything over here? This is my first post on this fantastic forum. I just wanted to share my experiences about this overwhelmingly fantastic game :P

First off this is not a guide merely my own experiences with this game and how I went about doing certain things. Probably a lot of what I am going to share has almost already been covered by all the other great writers on this board and on gamefaqs. (also is probably full of false assumptions and inaccuracies so I apologise in advance) So please do not be overly critical and flaming. Just a polite note and correction on what is actually wrong is more than appreciated.

Since this is a nis america board I will be making some comparisons towards the disgaea games to try and give you a feel from the angles I am coming from.

Battle/Party
One of the first things that struck me here as one of the best concepts was how they deal with your party. You have, two main categories to place characters in these are "Active" and "Sub". The other non main category is "Standby".

Active party consists of 1-4 characters at most, while the sub group starts with a limit of 4 characters but can be upgraded from within the mugen world. (more on that later). What makes this system so great is the fact that any members placed within the sub group will gain exp as if they were fighting within the main party. So for instance say you have a level 70ish main group of characters and decide you want/need a new type of character. Unlike disgaea where you would need to place them within battle and or have them deliver the killing blow. They can simply sit within the sub group while your 4 main fight the battles and everyone gets equal shares of exp (as far as I have noticed). Which means within a few runs of mugen world you can level up your new character without any hassle whatsoever. This can make in my opinion, making new characters a much more enjoyable experience. Also having characters in your sub group hold other advantages such as being able to switch out mid battle one character for another. Also if one of your main characters dies and it then becomes their turn the game will automatically ask you if you would like to switch in a new character. This is a great a mechanic as the new character is allowed to be placed anywhere within the original dead characters move distance and then can take their full turn immediately. Meaning a great rapid redeployment of support characters is possible.

Now I have tried to read/figure out as much about moe kills as I can to a not very good success. I will however try and share what I can about this battle command. First thing that should be mentioned is chou-chou is essential to playing the game and is the only character able to utilize this command. As such I suggest to always have her within your active team. Moe kills are not a difficulty in of there self. Rather its matching the moods and affinity of the opponent you are trying to moe kill. The easiest and best way I have found to grind through this game (but certainly not the fastest) is to always moe kill the large crystal on the battlefield. This can seem daunting at first but it is not too difficult once you get the pattern of the affinity and moods down.

By moe killing the large crystal either through item/or peon the yellow or pink bars. Everything upon the field will be instantly defeated you could say. Which means exp G and mugen points for doing very little and of course shampurrus.

The easiest strategy to doing this is by firstly increasing your moe charm. Once it is at least 4% moe killing the large crystals in the first 2 worlds becomes a cakewalk. Within the mugen world with those levels it is possible to get to floor 9 by spamming any moe kill phrase. Floor 10 is slightly different but still rather easy. Quick note though until you have moe charm 5% you cannot go any higher than the 10th floor.

So what you want to do is have three characters accompany chou-chou with high defensive items on (upgrading is a great way to accomplish this) only chou-chous weapon should be upgraded her defence is not as important. Now as soon as you enter battle you need to spread your other 3 characters out between the monsters and large crystal. What this does is create a barrier between chou-chou and monsters. (which can become a pain as they will and can use blast off to move you around the map). At Least 2 of these characters should have healing spells and must have a cure paralyze and or sleep. Failing this you can stock up on items. Once you have moved them into position every turn make them defend unless chou-chou needs healed. This should cause no to little damage and mostly misses against you characters while keeping chou-chou relatively safe. While you are doing this you want to move chou-chou within moe kill range if your moe charm is high enough you should be able to just spam any phrases you like (from any one of her affinities) and will mostly always end up with an item or peon gauge full. Meaning instant defeat to all enemies on the field. Of Course picking your own phrases and trying for the best possible outcome is recommended but don't stress about it. What will happen is in around roughly 4 turns each you will have won with little to no damage and exp/peons/items/G. Now if you start getting the frenzy gauge rising too fast do not worry. If you are a few levels above them this is also very advantageous. Destroying the crystal in a frenzy will make all enemies stronger and restore their hp. This is why I said to only upgrade chou-chous weapon because after every moe kill command she will also get an attack or skill use. So use an aoe attack to easily kill the enemies and gaining the same amount of items exp and G as if you had item moe killed them. While also having the great benefit of raising your moe charm making this less likely to happen in the future. Now what you should know is as the enemies get stronger you will need a higher moe charm to get easy moe kills. This is why it is essential to moe kill everything in the beginning. At least until you figure your own preferred way of playing as this game offers so much choices.

Now its getting rather late here (well not really actually, I am just far too tired from playing Mugen Souls for too many hours straight) and will have to drop off here and will add more to what I have experienced in this great game tomorrow. Please feel free and would be really appreciated if you spot any errors about the game or something that is just downright stupid to have written down to notify me please :). I will be more than happy to correct these errors. Also please feel free to post any questions and I will answer as many as I can at the start of my first post again tomorrow. Thank you for reading this newbs attempt at trying to give advice (my very first and only about any game at that).

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: A very newbish attempt at advice

Postby Hokami » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 am

actually characters that are in the active party are the only ones that get full xp. The other characters in the sub party get less xp (about 50% i think).

i dont use any armor if i can get mantles because if u upgrade those u get a nice amount of aiglity giving you a number of advantages. You'll evade many attacks, it's used for dmg by some skills AND (very important for chou-chou :) ) agility is related to the startup of the turns in battle. The higher the agility the earlier it's ur turn.
and it's a nice bonus to have some additional movementrange :)

once u have at least 9% for each kinda personality farming in the mugen fields becomes very comfortable as you're using the first 10 floors to simply boost your multipliers and adding additional 100% (or more :) )in the mugen control room giving you on floor 11 about 500-700% multipliers, depending on meeting ships in those floors :)
but you should really get the lvl caps increased :mrgreen:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

Don't forget that you can Moe Kill the Large Crystals to Peon every enemy on the map at once. =D I understand this makes it notably easier.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 am

Also, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I HAVE MADE.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN RAISING SKILL LEVELS. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SP COST. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE POINTS TO UPGRADE IT BY 100 LEVELS DOESNT MEAN YOU SHOULD. THINK ABOUT SP COST.

FURTHERMORE, DO NOT INCREASE THE MUGEN POINT BET UNTIL YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE IT TO THE 60TH FLOOR. DOING SO BEFOREHAND WILL MAKE GETTING THERE, AND CONSEQUENTLY MAKE GETTING THE TRUE ENDING MORE DIFFICULT.

BASICALLY, JUST BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THE MUGEN FIELD BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THEM BACK IF YOU FUCK UP.

Don't forget that you can Moe Kill the Large Crystals to Peon every enemy on the map at once. =D I understand this makes it notably easier.

Sometimes the Large Crystals act as Bosses, i.e. they can't be peon'd. Only Frenzied.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hokami » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am

Rednal wrote:Don't forget that you can Moe Kill the Large Crystals to Peon every enemy on the map at once. =D I understand this makes it notably easier.

with one exception: enemies that are moe'd at the same time (including frenzy). Frenzied ones will remain resulting in Fever mode (learn to use this for some extracash :))

@ Zeke why does this make true ending more difficult?

i don't really understand how u can lvl the charm-percentage effectivly. it takes ages for just 1 more percent, though i'm using moe-kills all the time :(

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Hokami wrote:
Rednal wrote:Don't forget that you can Moe Kill the Large Crystals to Peon every enemy on the map at once. =D I understand this makes it notably easier.

with one exception: enemies that are moe'd at the same time (including frenzy). Frenzied ones will remain resulting in Fever mode (learn to use this for some extracash :))

@ Zeke why does this make true ending more difficult?

i don't really understand how u can lvl the charm-percentage effectivly. it takes ages for just 1 more percent, though i'm using moe-kills all the time :(

Raising the bet results in higher level monsters and more mid-bosses. You may be able to get to Floor 60 with a bet of 100 Mugen Points... But increase it to 500 or 1000 or more and you might not be able to get past them.

You need to get to the 60th floor to see all the Mugen Field events needed to receive the True Ending.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hokami » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:03 pm

hm... i thought there might be another reason :/
are these events linked to my charme percentage? Altis said something like i should raise my charme after the normal ending :|

am i the only one thinking that the skill "reflection Ball" is kinda OP? damaging all enemies at once?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm

@Zeke: :lol: Anyone who's played Disgaea should know better than to raise skill powers so high that their costs become difficult or impossible to pay throughout a longer dungeon.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Rednal wrote:@Zeke: :lol: Anyone who's played Disgaea should know better than to raise skill powers so high that their costs become difficult or impossible to pay throughout a longer dungeon.

Ordinarily, you'd be correct. But in Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, NIS has rectified that with a little thing called "Skill Weakening". Took them awhile, but they finally fixed this issue.

Return to “Mugen Souls”