A bunch tips and infos I gathered during my gameplay

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Adesa
New Vassal
New Vassal

A bunch tips and infos I gathered during my gameplay

Postby Adesa » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am

I posted it in GameFAQs, but hopefully it could also help someone here :D
I will try to update it every time I learn something new.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/646672-m ... s/64317585

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: A bunch tips and infos I gathered during my gameplay

Postby Hokami » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:58 pm

i could recommend something for money farming in the mugen field:

the basic is the same for the mugen point farming rising the multipliers first (but it would be best not to use up all transformations, if you want to use this).
it's said that once u moe-kill a big crystal all enemies and crystals get morphed too but there's one exception. If you're moekilling (or causing frenzy) another enemy at the same time they are not affected.
SO if one enemy is frienzied the crystal will trigger fever mode giving you the possibility to gain some extra cash with at least one enemy remaining.

and chou-chou personalities dont just have different lvl up stats and proficiencies. her movement range varies too. E.g Terse got only 300 (or was it 350?) and hyper about 700.

Lucchinii
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lucchinii » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Lol, I was the first one to post on your thread there. Thanks for the tips again.

Sadly I have to wait till the 30th to play the game since that's when I'm getting my PS3. :|

Porpow
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Porpow » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 pm

First sorry for my bad English, I want to share my extra tips and infos. play on US version.

Moe kills:
- Moe kills range depend on the weapon Chou-Chou using
Example: sword weapon has shot range attack, so Moe kill will have same range as sword weapon.
If you use gun or bazooka type which longer range attack,
Moe kill will affect every enemy in range.

Peon:
- Every peon class will contain only 1 active skill and 2-3 passive skills.
- Every peon will obtain all in class skill when level over 200 (I have try to lvl my peon play so far).
- Both male and female peon at same row of class will has same active skill, but different passive
skills.
- "Change class" function will reset your peon to lvl 1 and carry all skill and passive,
but not carry stats up value. Cost "Mugen point" of change class will same as create
new peon of that class.
- "Peon Fusion" function will combine you main peon with sub peon. Both of them will reset to lvl 1,
but main will obtain only sub's class active skill and sub's class passive skills.
Cost "Mugen point" of funsion will increase on main peon overtime of using fusion.
*Not sure why there are warning about sub peon will lose all skill, but they didn't lose
in my game.

Shop (cloth & items)
- "Cloth shop" sell clothing item that effect on character "stats up" (Stats that increase when level up).
- Mugen field "bow out" is only way to obtain "G point" for upgrade "Grade" of item.

Mugen field
- "Bet" indicate how hard and reward of Mugen field by using the value of "Mugen point" to bet
(However, I do not lose any "Mugen point" when failed)
- "Bonus" will sum up when keep continues, and reset when "Bow out". This bonus has 2 type.
"Bonus" which calculate from your action in battle field. This type bonus will sum up from floor
to floor.
"Base Bonus" which do not change such as "Mugen Field Bonus". This type bonus will add at the
end after total "Bonus".

Mugen field aim for long trip and good bonus:
- "Peon Ball Panic" (The percent that peon ball will fall to your own head) will increase when you kill
monster by proximate 1%. Only way to decrease is open "Chou-Chou's Order" and complete the task.
- Using AoE one shot kill is saving time, but low bonus and increase "Peon Ball Panic". You won't get
far if you only use AoE one shot kill.
- The best way to increase bonus for me is "Hit count" by active "Fever mode" and blast enemy to
those blue ball. The "Hit count" will continue to count as long as you take turn and reset when enemy
take turn.

In my experience, I bet with 100P and go through the whole (1-100) fields. It's take around 2 hours.
End up with; around 2200% bonus, 60m gold, 5m mugen point, and 1500 G point. I boost up bonus
around 20-60 floors and one shot kill other.

That should be a few tips for now.

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hokami » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 am

there some points i want add or correct

Porpow wrote:*Not sure why there are warning about sub peon will lose all skill, but they didn't lose in my game.

- Mugen field "bow out" is only way to obtain "G point" for upgrade "Grade" of item.

Mugen field aim for long trip and good bonus:
- "Peon Ball Panic" (The percent that peon ball will fall to your own head) will increase when you kill
monster by proximate 1%. Only way to decrease is open "Chou-Chou's Order" and complete the task.
- Using AoE one shot kill is saving time, but low bonus and increase "Peon Ball Panic". You won't get
far if you only use AoE one shot kill.

Peons will lose their special skill (if not more) after the fusing so u have to relearn it.

the bow out command isnt the only one. u'll also get g ups if you fail but gotta start at floor 1 again.

the Peon Ball Panic percentage (i'll go with PBPp) also increases if the enemies use blast-off attacks on you or kill one of your characters.
But theres's also another way to decrease the PBPp:
if you manage to moe-kill a crystal and that one kills an enemy the percentage decrases by a few %

using only 1 hit aoes will work for about 25-35 floors so it IS an option if you cant manage a full run anyway

Porpow
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Porpow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Tips:
- When battle finish, you can switch team members by Triangle button. The main team get more exp than sub team. If you switch sub-members that didn't not in battle with main team. They will get full exp as they were in battle. This is same as main-members that switch out to sub team, they will get less exp.

You can use this tip to faster leveling new peon.

Navarp
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Navarp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Can you post the Gamefaqs post here as well?

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hokami » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Navarp wrote:Can you post the Gamefaqs post here as well?

too lazy to use the given link? :mrgreen:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:19 pm

I need to test this guide for Moe Kills, but...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tc9 ... dit?pli=1#
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Shinryu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shinryu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Wait, so when it says the level up stats differ depending on forms, is it like FFVI where forms = Magicite and different stat bonuses are permanently applied to Chou-Chou depending on form, or is it more like FFV and forms = Jobs, different bonuses being applied upon job/form change?

Hokami
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hokami » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

the second one

each kind of chou-chou has its own growth

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 am

Moe Killing in Tree World

Since I did it for awhile and came up with some tips to add on to what's been posted. =D

Step 1) You may need to visit the Mugen Field. What you'll want to do is make sure that Chou-Chou has her second Weapon Proficiency. I think you have to upgrade to her second Skill Proficiency first. This should allow you to get the Bazooka as a weapon for Sadie. Also unlock a second Defensive Item slot if you haven't already.

Step 2) Equip your best defensive gear onto Chou-Chou. Then go to your Equipment Shop and Level them to make it much stronger. You might want to raise the Grade, too. Having done this, you should be much tougher overall, and resist a lot of damage.

Step 3) Equip your best Bazooka (buy the best you can if you need to). Raising its level is a good plan, though secondary to your defense gear (but do both). The reason you want this weapon is because the Moe Kill works on all enemies within your attack range, and the Bazooka has a very, very big range. You should be able to target every enemy almost every time for your Moe Kills with this thing on, and Sadie gets a big stat boost from equipping her Weapon Preference, too. Her tonfa-thingies are okay, but their range is crap.

Step 4) Equip your best Blast Off skill (check to see which one has the best extra range for that). Match Chou-Chou's Skill Affinity.

Step 5) Go to Tree World, Zone 3, and advance 1 room. You should see two monsters here. The little cub guys and the big blue ones are Moe for Sadist, while the yellow guys will turn into items. Spam Moe Kills against them. Save regularly. Set your Small Peon Ball to "Heal", rather than Attack, since your goal isn't to kill most enemies. It's to Moe Kill them.

Step 6) At times, you will piss off the Large Crystal, and it will Frenzy whoever's left on the Field. Your Moe Kill should be able to eliminate *most* of the enemies before this happens, but what's left may still be dangerous. This is why you want lots of defense; you can tank their attacks much better. However, because you pissed off the Large Crystal, you should enter Fever Mode.

Step 7) When this happens, use your Blast Off skills and aim the closest enemy up into the floating spheres. It'll bounce around for awhile, hopefully die at the end, and give you lots and lots of extra cash. If you have more than one enemy left, you can do it to all of them (hopefully) for even more money. This can quickly replenish what you spent on buffing your defensive gear, which you might be able to upgrade some more afterwards, at least for awhile...

Do this for a few hours and you should be able to get a couple thousand more Peons (I've practically doubled mine), significantly strengthen your ship, and raise your Charm Levels somewhat if you're going for the True Ending. Having a stronger ship, of course, will help you get through Ship Battles in the Mugen Field, which I hear can offer huge rewards, especially if you have a massive bonus chain going... so, yeah.

This is kind of a dangerous tactic, though, at least when you're starting, because monsters *can* still kill you. The risk is reduced, but it does exist, so try to save regularly. The save point isn't far at all from where you're fighting, so it's not a huge hassle.
Last edited by Rednal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinryu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shinryu » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Hokami wrote:the second one

each kind of chou-chou has its own growth

Okay, so that means I have not permanently messed up Chou-Chou's stats by leveling in one particular form?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm

There's reincarnation I think?

Anyway....I'm absolutely stuck. Why can I not use skills? Does that only open up when I get far enough?
EDIT
Yep...nvm
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:47 pm

You do have to progress a *bit* to unlock certain things, yeah. XD;

Of note, though... I've heard a number of reviews say that there are too many systems, and that these get lost. This is... wrong. The various systems do different things, and it's true that I mostly ignored them for much of my main playthrough, but now that I'm grinding... I'm pretty much trying to exploit them to the fullest. Start leveling my equipment, using Blast Off, better Moe Kills (it does seem to be getting easier as Charm Level goes up)... it totally opens up once you want it to. XD

Return to “Mugen Souls”