Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Postby neonie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 pm

So I came into this board wondering if anyone knew how the game did here.(I actually just bought my Nedo edition, cause I finally have money now).

It seems from a fan stand point the games are doing poorly. I wonder if Houk could give us some vague statement that would tell us whether it's done ok or not. Maybe it selling the way it has was actually within their expectations. (It being a new IP, various... other... things... ect.)
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:13 am

^ Well, we know the game isn't selling as fast as previous recent released games. And we all know why.

Anyway, in the sequel I would like:

- Balanced enemy difficulty. The difficulty is fair in the first half. But then comes the second half....
- Other personas need more screentime. (And NISA needs to VOICE them, damn you.)
- Why the hell WASN'T there a yandere personality? I doubt we'd see any new personalities, though, because then they'd have to come up with a half-assed explanation why she wasn't in the first game. Not to mention
Spoiler:
Chou-Chou isn't lonely anymore so she doesn't even need to come up with new personas.

- I hope that if the bath "minigame" is still there it's less ambigous and doesn't have those moans and stuff; I really would prefer NOT to deal with censorship again.
- NISA improvement: Know when to voice scenes. The persona scenes in the Mugen Field were more important than you think, NISA; not to mention it's one of the very few times we even get to see them outside battle.
- NISA improvement: Turn "Bipolar" back to Tsundere. As you can see, calling it Bipolar didn't work out well for you.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

No, no, see, there's lots of ways to do it.

Spoiler:
A yandere Persona wants to KEEP what she has. =D That makes perfect sense for her to develop now that she's gotten things she truly wants.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

LAMV wrote:^ Well, we know the game isn't selling as fast as previous recent released games. And we all know why.

Anyway, in the sequel I would like:

- Balanced enemy difficulty. The difficulty is fair in the first half. But then comes the second half....
- Other personas need more screentime. (And NISA needs to VOICE them, damn you.)
- Why the hell WASN'T there a yandere personality? I doubt we'd see any new personalities, though, because then they'd have to come up with a half-assed explanation why she wasn't in the first game. Not to mention
Spoiler:
Chou-Chou isn't lonely anymore so she doesn't even need to come up with new personas.

- I hope that if the bath "minigame" is still there it's less ambigous and doesn't have those moans and stuff; I really would prefer NOT to deal with censorship again.
- NISA improvement: Know when to voice scenes. The persona scenes in the Mugen Field were more important than you think, NISA; not to mention it's one of the very few times we even get to see them outside battle.
- NISA improvement: Turn "Bipolar" back to Tsundere. As you can see, calling it Bipolar didn't work out well for you.

I liked the voiced parts. For picking places to voice, I think Nisa did a very good job. Using all the voice acting in the main story was a very good idea in my opinion.
- I would like Nisa to put the japanese peon voices in the english voice area.
- Also if there is a bath mini game i would like to see it come over uncensored. Or maybe towel censored if necessary. Since I would rather play it with towels then not have it in the game.
- I would also like it so each of Chou-Chou personalitys could have there own cloths.

Fei Long
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Fei Long » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:46 am

Well at least let the 3D sprites have boobs for character who have them (not flat chested)
This is to differentiate the characters, and to feel a little more realistic for the characters.
And let the character stats to show character 2D model too.

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:18 am

That still doesn't stop the game from making almost every random peon look like a girl. Like 90% of the clothings and styles are feminine so even if the portrait is a guy's, the in battle model looks like a girl.
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 pm

So the new game is titled Mugen Souls Z, the new main protagonist is named Shirma, and she uses a coffin as a weapon....you know what, i'm already hyped for this game despite it's release being so far away :D (still kind of doubting a localization being possible, but I really do hope i'm wrong).

Source-http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/26/mugen-souls-z-has-players-conquer-twelve-worlds-to-be-the-next-undisputed-god/

Image-http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/405/9551/original.jpg

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:40 pm

will57 wrote:So the new game is titled Mugen Souls Z, the new main protagonist is named Shirma, and she uses a coffin as a weapon....you know what, i'm already hyped for this game despite it's release being so far away :D (still kind of doubting a localization being possible, but I really do hope i'm wrong).

Source-http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/26/mugen-souls-z-has-players-conquer-twelve-worlds-to-be-the-next-undisputed-god/

Image-http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/405/9551/original.jpg

After looking at the silicon era link, I thought it sounded a bit fishy. But then I looked at the image and my immediate response was:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Although it's in development which means 5-6 months of waiting for japan, and if/when NISA decides to bring it over, we'll have to wait another 5-6 months, which results in early/late September/October until the USA gets it. I think this might just be the first game I import, because fuck waiting.

Also, Shirma's design looks pretty badass IMO.
/end post.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 pm

*Cough* They said it was scheduled for a Spring release, which is basically March-May... so it's five months at the outside.

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Rednal wrote:*Cough* They said it was scheduled for a Spring release, which is basically March-May... so it's five months at the outside.

Hopefully NepV is out by then. That'll keep me busy for a couple of weeks. After that, I'll try my very hardest to import the game, and not fail like I did earlier this year.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that no one mentioned Selfina was in the image. She needs some love too, you know.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 pm

I thought that was just about the Mugen Field returning...? She's very mysterious. XD

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Rednal wrote:I thought that was just about the Mugen Field returning...? She's very mysterious. XD

I dunno. I'd translate it if I was able to read kanji (aside from "Kami" and "Watashi" I can't read any other kanji).

MORE EDITS (YAY!): Kinda been looking at the image for a while now, and noticed that Shirma may very well be the only female protagonist with a "big" chest from CH (technically aside from Purple Heart). But since I've only played so many CH games, I may be wrong. Very much so.

neptuniavita2013
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby neptuniavita2013 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Most likely not going to happen, but I'd hope for a Vita release along with the PS3 release.

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 pm

neptuniavita2013 wrote:Most likely not going to happen, but I'd hope for a Vita release along with the PS3 release.

Just get a ps3 if you don't already have one. While Mugen Souls on the go is a nice idea, I don't think CH OR NISA would put in the effort, especially since NISA would be doing the same thing. Twice.

Honesty
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Honesty » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 am

The game didn't sell "well" because it's target audience found out it was being censored.

The game didn't sell "well" because like a lot of these Gust/Compile-Heart games, don't play well when being upscaled - increasing "lag" and loading times.

The game didn't sell "well" because even though we're paying $60 dollars for these games, most of them are budget titles in Japan.

Lets get some games with NATIVE 1920x1080 ... these are budget games with not very high tech physics/graphics .. why CAN'T they do native 1920x1080 and achieve 60FPS? There is nothing high-tech about them.

Opt for less censoring and more mature rating - obviously the "T - for teens" versus a "M - for Mature" didn't sell you any more copies. Most companies will opt for light censoring in favor of a better rating to sell more copies to more people .. didn't work in this case.

tl;dr - Native 1920x1080, Mature rating and less censoring, and a budget title price tag ... 40 dollars instead of 60. Maybe make a Limited Edition $60.00 or something instead of 90.00/100.00

(Lollipop Chainsaw had much better graphics, resolution and FPS and is from a WIDELY known company, yet cost everyone 40 dollars when brand new from Amazon)

Return to “Mugen Souls”