Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Postby Rednal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:51 am

Because... sometimes graphical improvements are kind of expensive, and rather than risking everything on one move, most companies are rather conservative and would prefer to improve over time? Mugen Souls is MUCH better than even the first Neptunia game, and that only came out a few years ago. They've consistently been getting better, but asking for too much all at once probably isn't going to go over too well.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Honesty
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Honesty » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 am

Rednal wrote: [...]but asking for too much all at once probably isn't going to go over too well.

Bumping up the resolution on this engine/tech shouldn't be such a massive hurdle for them. I am sure if this was developed on the 360, we would have seen native 1920x1080 ... because as much as developers pretend they "understand" the PS3 architecture; they really don't. Lets not forget that the PS3's memory is split between the system and the games, where as 360 can offer all to the game. Headaches programming for the CELL processor + budget title = problems.

This is why the Neptunia games also has "lag" when being upscaled to 1080p.

I enjoy these games for sure .. or I wouldn't buy them, nor participate in the forums ... but there really is no defending some of these things (especially since some PSN-super-small-titles can be played in 1080p)

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:23 am

Well, the difference between 1080p and 720p isn't very important to me. I know some people care about having the maximum possible resolution, but I find it difficult to worry about it as long as the game still looks reasonably good. I'm far more interested in the gameplay, characters, and world setting than I am in the resolution it plays at. ^^

Weirdgamer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Weirdgamer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm

One of my other favorite games from Nisa. Hopefully this one doesn't get censored.
[url="http://psnprofiles.com/Confused_Look"]Image[/url]

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Weirdgamer wrote:One of my other favorite games from Nisa. Hopefully this one doesn't get censored.

Mugen Souls is my favorite of NISA's games, actually it was my favorite PS3 in general. And the more I see this game the more excited I am for it :D

Weirdgamer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Weirdgamer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 pm

darkrchaos wrote:
Weirdgamer wrote:One of my other favorite games from Nisa. Hopefully this one doesn't get censored.

Mugen Souls is my favorite of NISA's games, actually it was my favorite PS3 in general. And the more I see this game the more excited I am for it :D

It's one the first Ps3 games I bought, infact Nisa is one of the main reasons why I even bought a Ps3. All them JRPG's.
[url="http://psnprofiles.com/Confused_Look"]Image[/url]

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 am

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sat May 04, 2013 12:46 pm

BlinkWinkel wrote:

Not my favorite NISA game but yeah, it's a pretty fun game. I also hope the next game doesn't get censored and that there's no battle lag like in this one.

It weird but the battle lag never got to me, which usually that kinda thing would.

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Sat May 04, 2013 3:15 pm

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby cress » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 pm

I had reached chapter 8 in the first Mugen Souls a while back, only to get... overwhelmed ;)... by the difficulty. Recently, I heard about the free DLC gear so I downloaded all of it, and it helped a ton. I progressed past the point I was stuck at, and have gotten back into enjoying the game. Of all of NISA's localized franchises, Mugen Souls is probably my second favorite, behind HDN.

I'm sure some of you out there have imported Mugen Souls Z, and I really hope that it get localized. If it does get localized, I will definitely grab it on day one, despite some of my frustrations I have with the first game.

My main issue with the first game is that are too many variables to the gameplay for my liking. Between the mugen field, mugen points, the huge amount of skills to choose which to level up, the weapon customization, matter creation, the large amount of playable characters to manage, peons, peon ball, shampoos, shampurus, all of the different effects crystals can have on the battle field, and so on, it's just a little bit vexing to try to manage all that in my opinion.

I'm not trying to bash the game, as I said, I actually really like it. I like the overall game well enough to put up with the things that I don't like so much about it. I am wondering if Mugen Souls Z has as many variables to manage, or if it's been simplified at all.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:43 pm

If you're having trouble in the main game, you're doing it wrong. ^^

MSZ is apparently... rather better, actually. o wo Loading's better, some things (Moe Kill) are detailed before you do them, and there're other minor improvements that really help throughout the whole game. Do want. ^^

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby cress » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Rednal wrote:If you're having trouble in the main game, you're doing it wrong. ^^

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something that I've neglected that has caused me to have difficulties with the game, but the free DLC weapons have helped me out a lot. I'm on chapter 9 now, and Chou-Chou's my highest level character at like level 108, while my other three main characters are at least at 100.

I've played this far without really creating or using any peons in my party. I don't know if that really makes any difference.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Just spending gold to increase your normal items to Level 100 should get you through the main game. Or, you know, a few runs through the Mugen Field. XD Even one might be enough if you get lucky.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 am

I'm still playing the original Mugen Souls, but one of the things that helped me a lot is attempting to moe killing every enemy because it increases charm %. It looks like you're doing pretty well after getting the DLC.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 am

Real Charm grinding comes later, though. ^^ Especially once you start getting access to higher Shampuru tiers, which are MUCH better for strengthening your ship and all.

Return to “Mugen Souls”