Mugen Field Save Bug?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Mugen Field Save Bug?

Postby sesho » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 am

So I've been working in the Mugen Field off an on and I got up to level 30 then exited. So now I wanted to go back and start working my way up to level 60. Problem is, mugen field did NOT save my progress!!!! So now I'm right back where I started at LEVEL ONE!!! So my save point got erased. ugh. Has anyone else had this issue? Don't even know if I'm going to bother with it now, because I'm afraid I'll get high up and then my progress will be erased again. I'm just about to start the metal world so I think im reaching the end of the game anyway. again. ugh. :evil:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Field Save Bug?

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am

At a guess, your Charm Level isn't high enough to have advanced on any path, so it didn't save where you were.

'Sides, it's better to go all in one run, anyway, since you don't keep the percent bonuses or anything if you exit.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sesho » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 am

nooooooooo! lol i totally forgot about that aspect!!! but its been so long since i went to the field i cant remember if i HAD to stop or I chose to stop. so youre saying that even if i cleared to level 30 and then it said "you cant advance" it would erase my progress, even levels 1-29??? that sucks lol so say when i get to level 60, and then it says "you cant advance" because my charm level is not high enough and i have to leave mugen field, then ALL my progress will be lost from levels 1-59?????

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 am

What's the big deal? o.O Just dive in again. It doesn't take THAT long to get through. The Mugen Field is the kind of dungeon you should be diving into repeatedly. First, at a lower level, to keep it where you can handle, then increasing the bets and all until you get the maximum benefits each time. Once you're strong enough to do it right, your progress will be *insane*.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah, about an hour to get from 1 to 100, and only because the battles go slowly and the end of battle screen takes too long.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sesho » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 am

Hmmm, I think how long it takes to get through mugen field depends on your play style. my lead characters are about level 60 right now. Ever since going to level 30 in mugen field, the main part of the game has become almost too easy. So I didn't really concentrate on the field because i didnt want the main game to become even easier. So I'm going back into mugen field to feel more of a challenge now. I guess I just need to save before I come to waypoints. The game should have saved at the limit of where you could go instead of just starting you over. I heard today there's a sequel in the works.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am

Well, it depends on what you're doing, too. I'm just Moe Killing the central crystal (heart, item, or frenzy, doesn't matter) and going from there. Having lots and lots of Fever Modes isn't a FAST way to get through... but the multipliers I'm getting are pretty ridiculous, too. It's probably faster this way than trying to speed through, since you won't have to dive in nearly as many times to reach the same point...

sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sesho » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

well, up to level 60 on mugen field, got some characters killed, couldn't warp out on boss fight, then was one short on charm level so i lost my progress. Luckily, I saved at about floor 54. Still think it is totally dumb that even though you clear floor 60, you are not allowed to save or warp out. youre just screwed.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm

It's not that big of a deal, though. XD You can dive through again and again (this is, in fact, kind of necessary for some things). Don't get too attached to one floor... and y'know, if you had moved further and you were getting killed there, you'd almost certainly be doomed in the 60s-70s floors, at which point you'd die and get thrown out anyway. Just try again. ^^

Return to “Mugen Souls”