Mugen Souls Z Website Is Live!

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z Website Is Live!

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 am

Rednal wrote:I'm hoping that NISA will license it after all, and I wouldn't want to import the game if I couldn't understand all the humor. XD

That's true, I would prefer the a localized version and definitely buy it also if it's get localized, I can understand a bit of internet lingo in order to get by. I've gathered news about the regular Mugen Souls and the main artist is ナナメダケイ for most characters and RYOJI for Marina. ChouChou's personalities represent the color spectrum it seems, except Red is used twice for Ego and Sadist. I'm preorder Mugen Souls Z even before playing the regular one but the reason is that I like the art style and to get some sales for Compile Heart, too bad ChouChou's not going to be the main character in "Z".

An import would be nice to see how the game is like and maybe I'll give some more information about the game. I was browsing through Mugen Souls Z in general chat and its lively, I've read through the first 30 pages and it's been a discussion about localizing the game so far and I definitely don't want to get involved in that. Nice 5 panel comics by the way hahaha.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

Chou-Chou is totally a rainbow, but that just helps to make each form distinct. XD It's more like... colors are elements, maybe?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am

That makes sense, if she was the same color throughout then it would be hard to distinguish which personality she has. This game has bright, cheery colors, it's something expected from an all ages game like PuyoPuyo or some other puzzle game.

I haven't read through all the Mugen Souls posts yet, but have an idea of what kind of moe would the new main character (Syrma) have? She doesn't seem that egotastic to me based on her appearance if they are stilling going with those multiple personalities things.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm

...Evil Overlord? o wo

Syrma's a little hard to place, actually...

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Rednal wrote:...Evil Overlord? o wo

Syrma's a little hard to place, actually...

I finished reading through the forums on that massive Mugen Souls Z thread and a good amount of posts have spoiler tabs (I haven't played the first game yet).

So Syrma also has the selfish/ egocentric personality as her base which doesn't fit her but we'll find out soon. Moe characteristics start at the 24 second mark of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgZ41X-Qnzs&list
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I don't think it quite looks that way for her... she seems a little more honest and sensible than Chou-Chou, maybe? XD

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Her body shape and face doesn't change like Chou-Chou's so I hope they'd be explaining why that is later.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm

She does change outfits and whatnot, though... but hey, Chou-Chou's pretty weird even among transforming video game characters. XD

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 am

It seems like the gamers in Japan also like to read westerner reviews of the game and I found a review that gave it a 0. Anyways, now I think Syrma might actually be the "ditz" affinity because that's what the battle screenshots says.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:50 am

The scores for the game were all over the map, as per standard for Compile Heart's games. :lol: The average score was much better.

KoineNacu
Majin
Majin

Postby KoineNacu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 pm

chouchou's peon wrote: Anyways, now I think Syrma might actually be the "ditz" affinity because that's what the battle screenshots says.

A couple of other screenshots and videos show her default personality is Ego too, so...

One of my thoughts is that you can just simply change outfits and hair color (Or something like that), but then the icon is still the same for regular Syrma (Not sure if you can change the icon for the characters or not). Two other thoughts are that you can pick the default Moe for Syrma (Big stretch, but the possibility is still there) and that you can change her Moe, but keep the appearance the same though some sort of system.

Spoiler:
The first one is most likely, IMO.
Moe~

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Rednal wrote:The scores for the game were all over the map, as per standard for Compile Heart's games. :lol: The average score was much better.

I've never played any other Compile Heart game but I know they are my kind of game company. "So far" that is the only reason for me to get a Playstation 3 over the other two home consoles. All the hate for Compile Heart from western reviewers seems to make me more loyal to them.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Well, a lot of the stuff they do is very... Japanese/JRPG/Anime-y? People have very different tastes; my problem is when people assume "I don't like it, therefore it's bad", because they usually refuse to even PRETEND that something might have worth outside of their own preference.

That said, the reviews that are the most thoughtful and interesting tend to rate games like Mugen Souls fairly high... which says quite a lot. ^^

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:56 pm

KoineNacu wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote: Anyways, now I think Syrma might actually be the "ditz" affinity because that's what the battle screenshots says.

A couple of other screenshots and videos show her default personality is Ego too, so...

One of my thoughts is that you can just simply change outfits and hair color (Or something like that), but then the icon is still the same for regular Syrma (Not sure if you can change the icon for the characters or not). Two other thoughts are that you can pick the default Moe for Syrma (Big stretch, but the possibility is still there) and that you can change her Moe, but keep the appearance the same though some sort of system.

Spoiler:
The first one is most likely, IMO.

Okay, so the moe transformation and appearances work differently in this game, we didn't know that she had other moe until a few months ago right?

The abundance of first person shootings flooding the market steered me away from console gaming for a while but I'm hyped up to play this series.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Well, it's not like you *have* to get FPS games... and they've come out with a decent amount of other things in the meantime. ^^

Return to “Mugen Souls”