Mugen souls Z. Can i order it from japan ?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen souls Z. Can i order it from japan ?

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Rednal wrote:High ratings with many sales is better, but even a few hundred sales with generally positive feedback is probably trustworthy. Every business has to start somewhere, after all.

I know this. And since they've got conditions that are to my favour, then I don't mind buying a few games off them. Even if it means going in blind and wondering what the hell they're saying (yes this also means Mugen Souls Z which I'll possibly be adding to my collection in the very near future).

Just needing to wonder how to explain it with my mother.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:12 pm

"I know I smashed and destroyed things last time, but I think I'm calmer now and want to try it again with this fun game. Also, it's very import friendly, so I should be able to understand most things except the story, and there are a lot of guides available to help me through when I get stuck. If you hear me screaming and cursing and setting fire to everything I own in a fit of frustration the first time I lose, don't worry, I'll pay for the damages."
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:16 pm

@Rednal - you're a funny guy.

But being that it's import friendly I suppose I don't need to worry about that then. Maybe I'll make the game my purchase when I get my pocket money. But since I clearly haven't played the first mugen souls I think it'll be pretty tricky to go through and having to memorize things.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Well, there are a couple of translation guides. Once you know what things are, it's not too difficult to remember them. ^^ MSZ really is fairly import-friendly.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Rednal wrote:"I know I smashed and destroyed things last time, but I think I'm calmer now and want to try it again with this fun game. Also, it's very import friendly, so I should be able to understand most things except the story, and there are a lot of guides available to help me through when I get stuck. If you hear me screaming and cursing and setting fire to everything I own in a fit of frustration the first time I lose, don't worry, I'll pay for the damages."

Hahaha, so it looks like the language barrier wasn't that much of an issue.

Looks like Lord Rednal is being sarcastic, this was probably how your impressions about importing a game was before trying it out.

@NEET_GAMER I'm sure the next imports you get will be a lot more enjoyable and Japanese won't be a problem. Idea Factory games use simple language unlike most other games. Good luck on importing and hope your wallet doesn't run away from you.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:31 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Hahaha, so it looks like the language barrier wasn't that much of an issue.

Looks like Lord Rednal is being sarcastic, this was probably how your impressions about importing a game was before trying it out.

@NEET_GAMER I'm sure the next imports you get will be a lot more enjoyable and Japanese won't be a problem. Idea Factory games use simple language unlike most other games. Good luck on importing and hope your wallet doesn't run away from you.

I know he's being sarcastic, but I honestly needed the smirk on my face as I read it in my head. :)

I know the importing will possibly be nicer next time, but like said I'll probably just need to learn I've not interest nor motivation to just sit down and learn the language. Yes I'm aware IF games uses the language in a simple way it's easy to memorize the controls, but it would depend which game it is. If it were any neptune game (minus V which I couldn't enjoy thanks to the butchering and voiceless scenes), I could probably breeze through the games since I've already got a basic grasp on what happens and already know the story of the first game (seeing as I got a platinum in one of mt accounts). But I just know the damage it's going to do to my wallet is going to be big.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Found the Amazon seller and it costs more then Play-Asia:
http://www.amazon.com/Attoteki-Mugensou ... 990&sr=1-5
So far I'm sticking with Play-Asia because $81.94 via Amazon is just too much it may have free shipping but I'd stick with Play-Asia and $67.90 with free shipping.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:40 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:Found the Amazon seller and it costs more then Play-Asia:
So far I'm sticking with Play-Asia because $81.94 via Amazon is just too much it may have free shipping but I'd stick with Play-Asia and $67.90 with free shipping.

Suit yourself. I honestly see nothing wrong with getting a game from a place that has it cheaper than somewhere else and it offering free shipping.

Does play-asia really offer Free Shipping? I remember experimenting around not on my account and from what I say from the paying methods, I saw nothing that said I could get shipping for free.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:42 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:
MegaManZXAvant wrote:Found the Amazon seller and it costs more then Play-Asia:

Suit yourself. I honestly see nothing wrong with getting a game from a place that has it cheaper than somewhere else and it offering free shipping.

Does play-asia really offer Free Shipping? I remember experimenting around not on my account and from what I say from the paying methods, I saw nothing that said I could get shipping for free.

It will have Free Shipping on the box art: http://www.play-asia.com/attouteki-yuug ... -61od.html but it does take longer to arrive (up to 21 days and no tracking number) then by paying extra $ for faster shipping. Not all games sold by Play-Asia have free shipping.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Sounds like Master NEET is more calm about with importing games now.

I just thought of the reason of why they make it expensive and have customs is because they want to reduce the amount of people to play Japanese games. I know a legitimate CH/ IF/ NISA hate group from the UK who just recently condemned the localization of Senran Kagura. I think they might be the root of the problem of localization and importing JP games in the UK.

@Master Megaman, how do you rate yourself in your Japanese skills? Do you understand what the characters are saying in Mugen Souls when you put the voices in JP? (Atlis' voice in English sounds cuter than her JP voice imo).
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:49 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Sounds like Master NEET is more calm about with importing games now.

I just think of the reason of why they make it expensive and have customs is because they want to reduce the amount of people to play Japanese games. I know a legitimate CH/ IF/ NISA hate group from the UK who just recently condemned the localization of Senran Kagura. I think they might be the root of the problem of localization and importing JP games in the UK.

@Master Megaman, how do you rate yourself in your Japanese skills? Do you understand what the characters are saying in Mugen Souls when you put the voices in JP? (Atlis' voice in English sounds cuter than her JP voice imo).

I probably only understand a few phrases, not enough to do anything with but I am probably better off then those who do not listen to Japanese voices regularly.

This is also why I like to watch subbed anime not just because they are subbed in English but because of the Japanese voices of course watching subbed anime is not that good for learning Japanese that was never my intent to begin with.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:It will have Free Shipping on the box art: http://www.play-asia.com/attouteki-yuug ... -61od.html but it does take longer to arrive (up to 21 days and no tracking number) then by paying extra $ for faster shipping.

I only noticed the Free Shipping section when I was checking to see what speed delivery I was wanting to try out. While 21 days may seem like it's too long, I don't think it's that bad and I'm willing to wait that long. Especially since I'm stingy on money and I'd rather not spend it like a idiot and leave some for overtime.

Actually, scratch that. As soon as I sort my details out and other stuff, I'll consider making a test purchase off play-asia instead (seeing as it's somewhat cheaper). If I'm happy with their services and the customs isn't sore to my wallet, I'll just keep buying off them in the future.

Edit: of course knowing my luck, I'll probably forget to sort my details and I'll probably just end up using amazon instead.

@chouchou - Or maybe it's because Japan isn't within the EU. I know for a fact that when you usually buy games from places that are within the EU, you don't need to pay any customs at all (although there's a slight chance you'd need to pay VAT duties but I've never been hit with that when I use to buy cheap games from places like Italy). It's only when buying out of the EU that you get hit with customs and stuff.

And as for that group, I don't think I've heard of them. But I do remember seeing feminist's tear it apart about how it promotes rape culture and I've also seen idiots (mostly from America) about how Europe is getting a retail copy and how they're getting hit with a Digital download game instead. But as for the last part I'm really not sure but what I do know is that the culture here isn't the same as what it is in Japan. Then there was that article a few years back about how Sony EU was banning imports from Japan hitting UK / EU shores and Play-asia following through with it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Ah, a feminist group in America. I'm very familiar with them and everyone knows they're idiots. Rape does happen too much over there but it's kind of funny because people who play these kinds of games are less like to rape anyone. Those are fem-extremists, I'm pretty sure normal feminists think those people are idiots as well. The main reason is because they are jealous they can't look as cute as the female characters in games. Idea Factory games are really friendly and promote peace and getting along (increasing party members) instead of making enemies.

Sarcasm: How about we ban any game with killing to end the kill culture lol?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Japan is part of the G8 summit, I think that's close enough to be in with the European Union right :p

Edit: Sorry I talk too much. The politics behind games is quite intriguing to me.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Ah, a feminist group in America. I'm very familiar with them and everyone knows they're idiots. Rape does happen too much over there but it's kind of funny because people who play these kinds of games are less like to rape anyone. Those are fem-extremists, I'm pretty sure normal feminists think those people are idiots as well. The main reason is because they are jealous they can't look as cute as the female characters in games. Idea Factory games are really friendly and promote peace and getting along (increasing party members) instead of making enemies.

Sarcasm: How about we ban any game with killing to end the kill culture lol?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Japan is part of the G8 summit, I think that's close enough to be in with the European Union right :p

Edit: Sorry I talk too much. The politics behind games is quite intriguing to me.

It's not. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting told I've got custom duties to pay just because I didn't buy something within the EU.

Personally I don't give a toss about politics behind games. It's stupid, and they should just keep their nose out of it and focus on the more important things in life. All I care about is buying games and adding it to my shelf like the 20 or so games I have.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:55 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:It's not. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting told I've got custom duties to pay just because I didn't buy something within the EU.

Personally I don't give a toss about politics behind games. It's stupid, and they should just keep their nose out of it and focus on the more important things in life. All I care about is buying games and adding it to my shelf like the 20 or so games I have.

I like talking about gaming politics because it's stupid lol. So as long as it's from the EU, then there wouldn't be any taxes and I think it might be for some economical reasons.

Maybe they added this tax to prevent importing because they believe that home countries exchange too much money to buy goods from other countries? Don't want too much of our currency to leave to go to other countries.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”