Mugen souls Z. Can i order it from japan ?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen souls Z. Can i order it from japan ?

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:I like talking about gaming politics because it's stupid lol. So as long as it's from the EU, then there wouldn't be any taxes and I think it might be for some economical reasons.

Maybe they added this tax to prevent importing because they believe that home countries exchange too much money to buy goods from other countries? Don't want too much of our currency to leave to go to other countries.

Or maybe they add tax because importing in some cases is cheaper than what it is in home countries? I honestly wouldn't know the full reason for it so please forgive me if the answer I give isn't 100% accurate

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:13 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:Or maybe they add tax because importing in some cases is cheaper than what it is in home countries? I honestly wouldn't know the full reason for it so please forgive me if the answer I give isn't 100% accurate

That is true in some countries like you said. We'll probably never really know about unless we read a whole book about importation laws and economics. It's good that we've steered away from the morality side of importing lol. My first post on this topic was mainly about the legality of importing games from Japan and glad we got Master NEET_GAMER in this thread.

Time to go to sleep right?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Video Games are essentially a Luxury Product, and luxuries (along with required goods, such as food) have been the backbone of trade since... well... about as long as trading has existed. Trade helps to create profit, and countries like that. ^^ If there are no specific bars to the good, then it's perfectly legal.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:That is true in some countries like you said. We'll probably never really know about unless we read a whole book about importation laws and economics. It's good that we've steered away from the morality side of importing lol. My first post on this topic was mainly about the legality of importing games from Japan and glad we got Master NEET_GAMER in this thread.

Time to go to sleep right?

In a hour maybe. But to not derail the topic any further yes I will possibly just decide to get this game as soon as my refund get's put back in. Of course chances of me playing it at once would be nil, so you'd have to forgive me if my copy sat there on my shelf like a neglected abused child wanting love and comfort :cry:

Would I need to play the first game if I want to get a feel of the second one?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:In a hour maybe. But to not derail the topic any further yes I will possibly just decide to get this game as soon as my refund get's put back in. Of course chances of me playing it at once would be nil, so you'd have to forgive me if my copy sat there on my shelf like a neglected abused child wanting love and comfort :cry:

Would I need to play the first game if I want to get a feel of the second one?

I suggest people to try out the 2nd game before the first actually. The second game has less complicated mechanics and is alot easier to understand than the first except it's in Japanese.

I'll make a Youtube video for starting off or a guide on darkrchaos' forums later. Lord Rednal is actually a pro at Japanese and didn't need any help with Mugen Souls Z.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:32 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:I suggest people to try out the 2nd game before the first actually. The second game has less complicated mechanics and is alot easier to understand than the first except it's in Japanese.

I'll make a Youtube video for starting off or a guide on darkrchaos' forums later. Lord Rednal is actually a pro at Japanese and didn't need any help with Mugen Souls Z.

Take your time. My refund will take quite a while to go through fully and buying something from Japan and letting it board the snail ship and arriving in the UK will take a while as well. But I will be looking forward to the progress if you go through with it.

Rednal is a pro because he obviously knows some Japanese.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:Take your time. My refund will take quite a while to go through fully and buying something from Japan and letting it board the snail ship and arriving in the UK will take a while as well. But I will be looking forward to the progress if you go through with it.

Rednal is a pro because he obviously knows some Japanese.

Fixed: Making that text big for Rednal to see :)

Thank you, I have a lot of busy stuff to do. I gotta write down a lot of stuff I want to do in the future. So I guess the games are legal but not without a price.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Rednal has watched anime for a long time and has basically learned a few words and phrases by osmosis because they KEEP GETTING USED. ^^ Also, I took basic Japanese and learned some vocabulary there, plus the ability to actually read Hiragana and Katakana. A lot of different things have effectively English names (though written in Japanese), so if you can understand that, you're doing fairly good.

Most of the rest is guesswork; items that heal HP and SP, for example, or jump floors. That was slightly trial-and-error, but easy to do. ^^ And I very, very quickly learned to recognize the types of moe, because that's relevant. It's usually kanji, yeah, but they're all distinct 'n stuff. ^^ Takes some effort to get past the language barrier, but on the whole, Mugen Souls requires very little knowledge of Japanese to play effectively, and what you do need to know tends to have been fan (or Google) translated.

So. NEET? o wo If you do get the game, promise you'll come ask us if you have any problems instead of destroying the disc.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Rednal wrote:So. NEET? o wo If you do get the game, promise you'll come ask us if you have any problems instead of destroying the disc.

While I literally cannot promise anything as I've no control over my mood swings should they erupt, you have my word I'll do my best at least. Hell I mostly just put my games in my big brother's room so that they're safe from my rage.

Already he has most of my games and two jRPG's that I bought another copy of. But of course I will probably come to you guys if something should come up. But like - what the hell am I suppose to talk about when I'm playing the game and wish to discuss it? Like I said I don't really know Japanese and if I don't know what's going on then how the hell will I be able to discuss such and such with you guys? :cry:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, you should be able to explain system issues easily enough. o wo Don't worry about the content of the cutscenes; just roll with the flow and do whatever. Also, keep in mind what you have to do for the True End.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, you should be able to explain system issues easily enough. o wo Don't worry about the content of the cutscenes; just roll with the flow and do whatever. Also, keep in mind what you have to do for the True End.

Being that I literally cannot understand Japanese text I don't think so. If I don't know what is which then I would be making myself look like a silly billy trying to explain system issues that would make you go "oh this person is just so cute when he get's things wrong".

It's basically going to be trial and error. I really don't know how people get by stuff like this with no hassle at all. It's like a slot machine you have to put your hand in trying your absolute pest to pick out a shiny gold ball out of it while being aware your hand is getting chewed and nibbled on by all sorts of freaky things.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, it's pretty much "Okay, let's try the first option on the menu. That's... hmm... ah, this is the shop, and this is where I buy stuff! And the next thing on the list lets me look at my inventory, and prices are involved... this is how I sell stuff! Then it's the... Weapon Grade area because I can see that cost for them!"

Etc., etc. Trial and error, yes, but REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS. ^^ Also, look at the tutorials. Even if you can't read them, they tend to include a graphic (important) and the buttons used to cause whatever is in the graphic. That helps, too, and there are a lot of tutorials.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, it's pretty much "Okay, let's try the first option on the menu. That's... hmm... ah, this is the shop, and this is where I buy stuff! And the next thing on the list lets me look at my inventory, and prices are involved... this is how I sell stuff! Then it's the... Weapon Grade area because I can see that cost for them!"

Etc., etc. Trial and error, yes, but REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS. ^^ Also, look at the tutorials. Even if you can't read them, they tend to include a graphic (important) and the buttons used to cause whatever is in the graphic. That helps, too, and there are a lot of tutorials.

Well memorizing stuff ingame like game controls and buying / selling stuff isn't hard, but I was mostly talking about discussing stuff that happens ingame or like if I'm stuck on a boss who I'll clearly not have an idea what his name is and will need to describe what he / she looks like or something.

By tutorials are you perhaps suggesting I look up guides and such?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:16 pm

No, I mean the in-game ones. ^^ Which you can reference later, by the way.

As for explaining difficulties, you should at least be able to explain which world you're in, which rather narrows stuff down. ^^

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Rednal wrote:No, I mean the in-game ones. ^^ Which you can reference later, by the way.

As for explaining difficulties, you should at least be able to explain which world you're in, which rather narrows stuff down. ^^

Exactly how would I do that? I can't just say "Oh hey I'm stuck in a lava world I have no idea what it's actual name is can you help me out?" when there's probably many more levels that have that layout.

Return to “Mugen Souls”