Ideas for Mugen Souls Videos

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Ideas for Mugen Souls Videos

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:47 pm

That's no problem, I am actually really craving for some pro gameplay at the moment, there are a good amount of videos of the series of Mugen Souls Original's main storyline, Mugen Souls Z gameplay is rare.

By the way, how does one do a video of a getting a platinum of this game legitimately of the game? That's going to take at least 500 hours of video/ less than 400 for a speedrun for just two trophies?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:04 pm

I don't know what platinum videos look like.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:15 pm

No problem, I was wondering because I was thinking about it while I was reading this post.
greenzsaber wrote:The only thing I would care about is a reliable way to clear Overwhelming Apocalypse and beating all the 90+ DLC charm battles, which NO ONE has managed to do yet. No hacks/cheats/mods of course. A video of getting the platinum legitimately would be nice as well.

A video of getting a platinum on the original Mugen Souls would be an amazing video for me to build up some pride for my career in gaming.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:39 pm

If you check youtube, there's a couple vids that show it, and are from legit players as far as I know. They don't really go into much detail other than the final trophy + platinum popping however. A good series of videos for the platinum would show you loading up your save to show your playtime, then after loading the save, show your character setup, a view of your shampuru screen and charm level (to show you didn't cheat), then go about getting one of the three hardest trophies in each segment, for three separate videos.

I'm really more interested in the 90+ charm battles however. No way am I booting up the game again to spend another 50 hours trying to figure that one out. I'll leave that one to anybody who's really interested.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:52 pm

greenzsaber wrote:If you check youtube, there's a couple vids that show it, and are from legit players as far as I know. They don't really go into much detail other than the final trophy + platinum popping however. A good series of videos for the platinum would show you loading up your save to show your playtime, then after loading the save, show your character setup, a view of your shampuru screen and charm level (to show you didn't cheat), then go about getting one of the three hardest trophies in each segment, for three separate videos.

I'm really more interested in the 90+ charm battles however. No way am I booting up the game again to spend another 50 hours trying to figure that one out. I'll leave that one to anybody who's really interested.

So that's how platinum videos go about, so it's kind of like a commentary/ review about the trophy experience about the game. I think maybe only about 100 people have gotten a platinum on Mugen Souls and an average platinum video creator would have probably researched what they had to do and avoided it.

The 90% charm battles would be good to get some attention. Definitely won't be a spoiler because the average player will not see it. The more difficult something to accomplish is, the more other players of the game would like to check it out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:So that's how platinum videos go about, so it's kind of like a commentary/ review about the trophy experience about the game. I think maybe only about 100 people have gotten a platinum on Mugen Souls and an average platinum video creator would have probably researched what they had to do and avoided it.

The 90% charm battles would be good to get some attention. Definitely won't be a spoiler because the average player will not see it. The more difficult something to accomplish is, the more other players of the game would like to check it out.

Umm, no. It's more like 20, and this doesn't include cheaters. The actual number might even be less than that. The platinum vid is more like a bragging rights thing. Since it's so hard to get, some people just want to capture the moment of this very rare event and showcase it to the world.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Less than 20 legitimate plat achievers... I can believe that because people can't even get platinum in Sonic games and they take less than 100 hours to plat.

The most viewed Mugen Souls Z gameplay video would have to be the trophy collection video. A platinum on Mugen Souls Z achievable within 100 hours, shorter than most games and the hard part is not Shampuru grinding, it only needs like 400-500k and they drop 5x more assuming that you get all the Shampuru bonus tickets. The damage carnival only asks for 10 billion damage which is damage accumulated during an entire battle vs 30 billion damage from one attack on TCS.

If I play for 6 hours a week, I can probably get a platinum trophy within 100 weeks, over a year and a half.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”