Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Postby Darcnova » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Rednal wrote:Ahaha... ^^; Perhaps I'm just a strange consumer, but I like to be sure of the details before I jump to a conclusion. I'd hate to miss out on a really fun game because I didn't check to be sure any misgivings I had were correct.

I feel the same way...why do you think that I was calm before we knew, and am still calm now...I personally don't think that it's anything to care about to be honest

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:05 pm

I have another person to add to your list Rednal !
Combat_Carl_ posted
I like the fact that NISA sent an email saying oh you better buy stock is limited and in yellow now. It is like they want to get people who are on the fence about buying since the censorship to jump on board. I don't remember this email for Atelier Totori or Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.

I am passing on this game based on principal. It isn't even about the censored loli scenes. Also censoring the words off a character goes above and beyond what was needed.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 pm

kanade2 wrote:I have another person to add to your list Rednal !
Combat_Carl_ posted
I like the fact that NISA sent an email saying oh you better buy stock is limited and in yellow now. It is like they want to get people who are on the fence about buying since the censorship to jump on board. I don't remember this email for Atelier Totori or Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.

I am passing on this game based on principal. It isn't even about the censored loli scenes. Also censoring the words off a character goes above and beyond what was needed.

You should let them know that the whole 'yellow' etc was just recently added to NISA's store. But was used for Meruru.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm starting to feel like a very bad person for being happy about the fact that some people won't be playing this game... XD;

I'm glad to see they've sold >50% of their stock, though. ^^ That's good news! Now I just have to hope they sell out!
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:18 pm

You know, i 100% agree on that guys reliable and ground breaking argument.
We should start a petition, "NISA, the company who censored our rights".
We'll run em to the ground :P

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Hmhmhm.

ANYWAY! I just sent a PM off to Houk; the fact is, we haven't really seen Sadie's new, innuendo-y lines, so I asked for some to be included in the next batch of screenshot releases. Hopefully, NISA won't mind doing that for us so we can actually see what those changes are going to be like.

This being the case, can we hold off on discussing the edits to Sadie until those screenshots (hopefully) come in? That way we can form opinions on the *actual* content, not just what we think it'll be. XD

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 pm

vampko wrote:
kanade2 wrote:I have another person to add to your list Rednal !
Combat_Carl_ posted

You should let them know that the whole 'yellow' etc was just recently added to NISA's store. But was used for Meruru.

Wish granted .

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Rednal wrote:I'm starting to feel like a very bad person for being happy about the fact that some people won't be playing this game... XD;

I'm glad to see they've sold >50% of their stock, though. ^^ That's good news! Now I just have to hope they sell out!

I've come to the conclusion that the stock monitor is a little different than it seems. The odds that the stock for both versions would hit the 50% mark at the same time are virtually non-existant, so I'm more willing to bet that it is a monitor showing the duration of time they plan to keep the pre-order for the exclusive content open.

Also, if this thread turns into nothing more than bashing a GameFAQs user, that would be very petty. Keep in mind that some of them -have- been monitoring this thread because of how many links some of us GameFAQs users have been posting.

Anyone else find it interesting to see someone post here who -did- pre-order the game specifically for perverse reasons? That kind of put a hole in the idea that the censorship isn't that bad because that wasn't the main reason anyone would play this game.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm

BDSM wrote:Anyone else find it interesting to see someone post here who -did- pre-order the game specifically for perverse reasons? That kind of put a hole in the idea that the censorship isn't that bad because that wasn't the main reason anyone would play this game.

Not gonna lie.
That had to be at least 40% of why i wanted the game.......AT FIRST :?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Actually, I posted that particular one for a reason. o wo Some people are inclined to hear "censorship" and immediately jump to the worst possible conclusion, rather than asking things like "what edits were made" and "why were these edits made" and so on. There's this stigma attached to the word, and a general assumption that it's inherently a bad thing.

Now, me, I'm a gamer. I like video games, and that's why if I'm bothered about a game to the point of not wanting to get it, I want to be absolutely sure that I have my facts straight. I mean, I don't want to miss out on a fun game because I was wrong about something. I really don't, and I'm kind of curious as to why some people may feel differently. I just don't understand why anyone would feel differently.

It's probably narrow-minded of me, but... ^^;

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 pm

BDSMKane wrote:
Anyone else find it interesting to see someone post here who -did- pre-order the game specifically for perverse reasons? That kind of put a hole in the idea that the censorship isn't that bad because that wasn't the main reason anyone would play this game.

I wouldn't say they put their pre-order in for perverse reasons. It was more that they enjoyed the idea of that particular thing and so put in the pre-order. Even when presented with the fact that it had been taken out they still kept their pre-order due to the games other content.

When you think about it, it's more wrong someone would have to get exited over that in the first place. It something that happens with me as well, watching stuff like Qwaser, Strike Witches, Maids vs Butlers, ect. that can treat their audience like fucking adults without going "OH NO! A TIT WAS SHOWN! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO!"

In that sense I kind of hate all of society's dumb preconceived notions on morals and ethics. Whats good for the "western" audience, what's good for the "eastern" audience.

I hate that companies have to moderate content because they think people can't think for them selves. Even more then that I hate people who just keep on beliving whatever their culture or justice system says is right and never think to actually question what the fuck is right in the first place.

I am very aware I just went into a slightly off topic tangent that has nothing to do with anything being talked about here. Don't care.
Last edited by neonie on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 pm

BDSMKane wrote:
Rednal wrote:I'm starting to feel like a very bad person for being happy about the fact that some people won't be playing this game... XD;

I've come to the conclusion that the stock monitor is a little different than it seems. The odds that the stock for both versions would hit the 50% mark at the same time are virtually non-existant, so I'm more willing to bet that it is a monitor showing the duration of time they plan to keep the pre-order for the exclusive content open.

Also, if this thread turns into nothing more than bashing a GameFAQs user, that would be very petty. Keep in mind that some of them -have- been monitoring this thread because of how many links some of us GameFAQs users have been posting.

Houk wouldn't allow that to happen ,and the gamefaqs posts are adding something to this topic that is actually on topic .

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 pm

@Neonie: Generally speaking, I'm of the opinion "No Harm, No Foul". But I don't care much about certain kinds of emotional harm; people can be offended as they like as long as they don't try to force their opinions about content onto others.

In my case, the ecchi stuff is just a fun bonus. I didn't get interested in the game because of that.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Rednal wrote:@Neonie: Generally speaking, I'm of the opinion "No Harm, No Foul". But I don't care much about certain kinds of emotional harm; people can be offended as they like as long as they don't try to force their opinions about content onto others.

Agreed.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Rednal wrote:
Spoiler:
Actually, I posted that particular one for a reason. o wo Some people are inclined to hear "censorship" and immediately jump to the worst possible conclusion, rather than asking things like "what edits were made" and "why were these edits made" and so on. There's this stigma attached to the word, and a general assumption that it's inherently a bad thing.

Now, me, I'm a gamer. I like video games, and that's why if I'm bothered about a game to the point of not wanting to get it, I want to be absolutely sure that I have my facts straight. I mean, I don't want to miss out on a fun game because I was wrong about something. I really don't, and I'm kind of curious as to why some people may feel differently. I just don't understand why anyone would feel differently.

It's probably narrow-minded of me, but... ^^;

Nothing wrong with that, I actually agree with you. I try to always know as much information about anything I care to discuss as I can, but all people still make the mistake of relying on false information. "Knowledge is power." Also I wasn't referring to you directly as GameFAQs bashing, just making a general statement since the conversation seemed to be angling down that road.

neonie wrote:
Spoiler:
I wouldn't say they put their pre-order in for perverse reasons. It was more that they enjoyed the idea of that particular thing and so put in the pre-order. Even when presented with the fact that it had been taken out they still kept their pre-order due to the games other content.

When you think about it, it's more wrong someone would have to get exited over that in the first place. It something that happens with me as well, watching stuff like Qwaser, Strike Witches, Maids vs Butlers, ect. that can treat their audience like fucking adults without going "OH NO! A TIT WAS SHOWN! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO!"

In that sense I kind of hate all of society's dumb preconceived notions on morals and ethics. Whats good for the "western" audience, what's good for the "eastern" audience.

I hate that companies have to moderate content because they think people can't think for them selves. Even more then that I hate people who just keep on beliving whatever their culture or justice system says is right and never think to actually question what the fuck is right in the first place.

It kind of seems like they placed the pre-order entirely for perverse reasons, and I'm not against that at all. I am a self-proclaimed pervert and proud, I mean my name says it all.

I completely agree with the rest of your post though, and I love the part I bolded. I think in general people would be a lot more enlightened if they tried to expand their knowledge and think beyond themselves and their emotions. I can't say I'm perfect but I try my best to further my understanding of the world, and to push down my personal feelings to get a more objective view of any situation.

kanade2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Houk wouldn't allow that to happen ,and the gamefaqs posts are adding something to this topic that is actually on topic .

That is good, I haven't been around long enough to see a situation like that arise and how it is dealt with.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Return to “Mugen Souls”