The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: The witch and the hundred knight revival (PS4)

Postby will57 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am

US and EU release date set for March 1st and 4th. I'm guessing that we can expect pre-orders to become available sometime soon. There's already an active link to the pre-order page (although the link doesn't seem to work properly yet) and I just noticed that there's apparently some Revival edition merchandise on the online store.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

Ah. Witch 100 Lapel Pins. That explains the Super-Chibi pictures I found a while ago.

What I'd really like, though, are some of those Rubber Keychain Strap items.

Fortunately, I've got plenty of time to decide if I'll get these.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:54 am

I wanted the PS3 version but after hearing about the crash to the home screen I never bothered. Hoping NISA can offer some assurance this won't happen in the PS4 version.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:04 pm

razisgosu wrote:I wanted the PS3 version but after hearing about the crash to the home screen I never bothered. Hoping NISA can offer some assurance this won't happen in the PS4 version.

Considering that the crashing on the PS3 version was nothing more than an unfortunate mistake that somehow passed Quality Assurance testing, I don't see how they could offer any sort of guarantee that it won't happen again. At the same time though, I feel like this is one of those things that's highly unlikely to happen in the first place, so I can't say i'm that concerned that it'll happen again this time.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Given how many hours gamers have burned due to the crash to home screen and the fact it was never fixed on PS3, I'd be extremely concerned it can and may happen again.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:56 pm

razisgosu wrote:Given how many hours gamers have burned due to the crash to home screen and the fact it was never fixed on PS3, I'd be extremely concerned it can and may happen again.

But considering how wide-spread the reports of this bug are, I highly doubt NIS failed to notice its presence. They have very likely fixed it. They probably even hunted it down, due to its publicity. I don't think there is anything to fear.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Aelies
Peon
Peon

Postby Aelies » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:34 pm

That reverse cover contest isn't much of contest.
Unless the first choice is the back cover to something, it's the [Bad End] of the 4.

I do hope there won't be another random crash bug.
I was fortunate enough to encounter less than 10 and beat the game. 100% map torture and all.

Gonna buy it or else the guys in sales browse the records and think I didn't like the game because I don't pick up the PS4 version to go along with the PS3 version. They're watching.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 pm

So pre-orders are now available. Now I just have to decide whether or not I plan on buying it.
Unfortunately, I don't remember enjoying much of the short amount of time (maybe two to four hours) I experienced the actual gameplay before quitting due to crashing, but the story did catch my interest if I remember correctly. :?

However, i'm surprised to see that the Limited Edition seems to be only $39.99, so maybe i'll go ahead and give it a second chance.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:21 pm

will57 wrote:However, i'm surprised to see that the Limited Edition seems to be only $39.99, so maybe i'll go ahead and give it a second chance.

Actually, the LE costs $49.99. $39.99 is the price for the SE, which is just the game.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:13 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
will57 wrote:However, i'm surprised to see that the Limited Edition seems to be only $39.99, so maybe i'll go ahead and give it a second chance.

Actually, the LE costs $49.99. $39.99 is the price for the SE, which is just the game.

My mistake, the pre-order page seems sort of misleading with the Standard edition price being right under the Revival Edition.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:50 am

That's still a very fair price for a Limited Edition, given how expensive they regularly run at. Even I could afford that. And I might get it. Just for the doodads that come with it, since I don't have a PS4. *shrug*

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:36 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
razisgosu wrote:Given how many hours gamers have burned due to the crash to home screen and the fact it was never fixed on PS3, I'd be extremely concerned it can and may happen again.

But considering how wide-spread the reports of this bug are, I highly doubt NIS failed to notice its presence. They have very likely fixed it. They probably even hunted it down, due to its publicity. I don't think there is anything to fear.

Have you noticed that like every game that NISA releases is hampered down by some bug or another, normally pretty game breaking? I have a hard time believing something won't muck up.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:08 am

vampko wrote:Have you noticed that like every game that NISA releases is hampered down by some bug or another, normally pretty game breaking? I have a hard time believing something won't muck up.

I feel like you are severely exaggerating that, especially the game breaking part.

Though I can't deny that there's some truth to it. Quite the number of games from NIS starting from "Disgaea D2", if not even further back, onward have had some sort of notable bug introduced into it. Though of course it wasn't every game. "Criminal Girls", "htoL#NiQ", and "Disgaea 4 APR" seemed fine. I don't know about "Battle Princess of Arcadias" exactly but I didn't hear much about that game having problems either.

Really, most of the problems are really coming from games by NIS themselves. Most of the games that were handled by other companies usually were just fine. Seems like ever since NIS lost a bunch of employees, they've started having more issues in general.

Of course, feel free to correct me on anything if I obviously got it wrong.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 am

vampko wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:

Have you noticed that like every game that NISA releases is hampered down by some bug or another, normally pretty game breaking? I have a hard time believing something won't muck up.

I... haven't noticed... because I think The Witch and the Hundred Knight was my first actual NIS game. I won't be visiting the realms of Disgaea or Hyperdimension Neptunia, though I am planning to eventually get Fairy Fencer F, Trinity Universe and maybe Mugen Souls. In terms of NIS game experience, I'm at quite a low level.

At least now I know to be wary. I won't be venomous like some of these people I've heard condemning the entire company though.

As for this, I will never be getting the PS4 console, so I'll never get to play it. I plan to allow myself exposure to any and all spoilers that may exist outside of the original story.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:31 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
vampko wrote:Have you noticed that like every game that NISA releases is hampered down by some bug or another, normally pretty game breaking? I have a hard time believing something won't muck up.

I feel like you are severely exaggerating that, especially the game breaking part.

Though I can't deny that there's some truth to it. Quite the number of games from NIS starting from "Disgaea D2", if not even further back, onward have had some sort of notable bug introduced into it. Though of course it wasn't every game. "Criminal Girls", "htoL#NiQ", and "Disgaea 4 APR" seemed fine. I don't know about "Battle Princess of Arcadias" exactly but I didn't hear much about that game having problems either.

Really, most of the problems are really coming from games by NIS themselves. Most of the games that were handled by other companies usually were just fine. Seems like ever since NIS lost a bunch of employees, they've started having more issues in general.

Of course, feel free to correct me on anything if I obviously got it wrong.

The ones I can think of that aren't NIS related -

Rorona - Fairly reproducible game freezing bug
One of the Ar Tonelico games from PS2 - Game would crash if certain boss fight took too many turns
Mugen Souls Z - Slumbering Boss caused game to freeze
Danganronpa Another Episode - save breaking bug

Then if we include the NIS related games with significant problems -

Witch and the Hundred - crash to home screen, never fixed, which is my main concern for it being reproducible in the PS4 version
Disgaea D2 - freezing issues with multiple skills

And if we look at how many of those games to date have the issue still occurring, we get Rorona, Witch, and Disgaea D2. I'd call that pretty significant cause for concern.
Last edited by razisgosu on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”