Usagi Drop

bunny drop discussion forum
Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Usagi Drop

Postby Emerald Emblem » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Going home for his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won't this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi's love life?!
--------------------

Feel good anime and possibly my personal favourite of the season, this laid back slice of life story is such a heart warmer and you can't help but smile.

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Usagi Drop

Postby leinaud » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:09 am

Just watched episode 2. It's nice to watch a show once and a while that has real-world problems and real-world answers to them yet still be a feel-good kinda show. Definitely one of my most favorites this season.

Awaking in 2014...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 am

Episode 2 was double adorable ~

I think it's kind of interesting how they do the childish/kindergartenish style of animation/art before the opening plays. It really fits the show.

Spoiler:
What happened near the end of the episode, leads me to believe that possibly...just maybe...he will end up falling in love with the girl's mom. But, either way, he's definitely going to learn a lot about being a parent. Also, I think she's going to get him to quit smoking as well. I can also see some problems with his job popping up. And, did he ever sign her up for that perm nursery school?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:23 pm

vampko wrote:
Spoiler:
What happened near the end of the episode, leads me to believe that possibly...just maybe...he will end up falling in love with the girl's mom. But, either way, he's definitely going to learn a lot about being a parent. Also, I think she's going to get him to quit smoking as well. I can also see some problems with his job popping up. And, did he ever sign her up for that perm nursery school?

AFAIK not yet..still waiting to see/hear about that...

Awaking in 2014...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 pm

leinaud wrote:
vampko wrote:
Spoiler:

AFAIK not yet..still waiting to see/hear about that...

I can imagine it could create a scene. They might just sweep it under the rug, but I hope they give some sort of something towards it.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 am

It's such a feel good show, Rin is just so cute.
Spoiler:
He's taking the sacrifice of a demotion to spend more time with her and some other relatives are accepting her more. Now she's finally in a proper nursery too. I hope it doesn't build up to something really terrible happening.
Last edited by Emerald Emblem on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:21 am

I like this series a lot .. sadly Episode 3 gave the entire plot away. Okay well it was impossible form the beginning but Episode 3 confirms everything.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

You need to use spoiler tags emerald. Not everyone has seen it yet.

I will say that Episode 3 was really adorable. I don't think it will ever turn into something really horrible, I'm pretty this is one of those shows which you can just watch, and not really have to worry about deep plots or other stuff like that.

@Ruko
I don't think that's really the 'secret', and I'm sure there's much more to learn.

Spoiler:
I'm happy they actually worked on addressing the nursery issue, and didn't just forget about how Daikichi had not yet fixed that problem.
Spoiler:

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm

vampko wrote:You need to use spoiler tags emerald. Not everyone has seen it yet.

I will say that Episode 3 was really adorable. I don't think it will ever turn into something really horrible, I'm pretty this is one of those shows which you can just watch, and not really have to worry about deep plots or other stuff like that.

@Ruko
I don't think that's really the 'secret', and I'm sure there's much more to learn.

Spoiler:
I'm happy they actually worked on addressing the nursery issue, and didn't just forget about how Daikichi had not yet fixed that problem.

To be fair, if the episode is out and you haven't watched it yet, then going into the thread is always going to be a spoiler hazard.

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:48 pm

vampko wrote:I don't think that's really the 'secret', and I'm sure there's much more to learn.

I think its the biggest part of the plot, Episode 3 totally gave it away. I'm making an educated guess that the series will be 12 episodes long ... and judging from the pace i can assume that this is in fact the main plot point and they will just spend time on his ability to handle this and eventually figure out this "secret".

You could be right though, we'll see how it plays out.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:
vampko wrote:You need to use spoiler tags emerald. Not everyone has seen it yet.

@Ruko

Spoiler:

To be fair, if the episode is out and you haven't watched it yet, then going into the thread is always going to be a spoiler hazard.

That kind of thinking is just plain wrong. Stop thinking you're better than everyone and use spoiler tags. Sorry if I'm coming off as aggressive, but this kind of thinking is just wrong. Spoiler tags are there for a reason, USE EM
Spoiler:

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Woah, whoa, whoa, calm down vampko. I'd like to think you know me enough that I never think I'm better than anyone else, that ain't me at all. If I say spoiled the ending I could understand your aggressiveness here. Sometimes you just forget and assume people coming after will have already seen it too which is why I always wait till I've seen the latest episode before entering it's topic, I'm sorry for spoiling it for you, I'll be more careful from now on.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:Woah, whoa, whoa, calm down vampko. I'd like to think you know me enough that I never think I'm better than anyone else, that ain't me at all. If I say spoiled the ending I could understand your aggressiveness here. Sometimes you just forget and assume people coming after will have already seen it too which is why I always wait till I've seen the latest episode before entering it's topic, I'm sorry for spoiling it for you, I'll be more careful from now on.

Sorry. And you didn't spoil anything for me. I don't defend myself anywhere near that level. I know I overreacted. But, I'm thankful you added the spoilers tag. Sorry again. I don't know exactly what came over me...
Spoiler:

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:51 pm

vampko wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:Woah, whoa, whoa, calm down vampko. I'd like to think you know me enough that I never think I'm better than anyone else, that ain't me at all. If I say spoiled the ending I could understand your aggressiveness here. Sometimes you just forget and assume people coming after will have already seen it too which is why I always wait till I've seen the latest episode before entering it's topic, I'm sorry for spoiling it for you, I'll be more careful from now on.

Sorry. And you didn't spoil anything for me. I don't defend myself anywhere near that level. I know I overreacted. But, I'm thankful you added the spoilers tag. Sorry again. I don't know exactly what came over me...

Anime isn't a hobby, it's a way of life. ;p
I'm sorry too, let bygones be bygones.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm

vampko wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:To be fair, if the episode is out and you haven't watched it yet, then going into the thread is always going to be a spoiler hazard.

That kind of thinking is just plain wrong. Stop thinking you're better than everyone and use spoiler tags.

Honestly, I agree with EE. These topics all need "Progressive Spoilers" labels and people shouldn't be coming in until they watch the newest episode. It's really hard to tag for spoilers because the people reading them may not all be on the same episode, and they could also be talking about the source material or side material. It's too hard to have an ongoing series discussion topic if everyone's not on the same page.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Return to “bunny drop”