bunny drop discussion forum
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Usagi Drop

Postby vampko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Daverost wrote:
vampko wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:To be fair, if the episode is out and you haven't watched it yet, then going into the thread is always going to be a spoiler hazard.

That kind of thinking is just plain wrong. Stop thinking you're better than everyone and use spoiler tags.

Honestly, I agree with EE. These topics all need "Progressive Spoilers" labels and people shouldn't be coming in until they watch the newest episode. It's really hard to tag for spoilers because the people reading them may not all be on the same episode, and they could also be talking about the source material or side material. It's too hard to have an ongoing series discussion topic if everyone's not on the same page.

I do agree that we need progressive spoiler tags, but I also believe we should use spoilers at all times. But, yeah, I apologized for going overboard about it.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 pm

After thinking about it, I can give a more concrete reason for me not liking the lack of spoiler tags.

For one, some of us are only watching the CR streams. And some of those who are only watching the CR streams, do not have a premium membership, and thus are behind the others. Okay, now, as long as we show what episode we're talking about, and mark spoilers based on material that's much further ahead, then a person who's on say...episode 2 of a show, can read the episode 2 comments, and respond to them. And not have to worry about seeing something from Episode 4 getting revealed. Not everyone is watching the anime straight up on-time and from the fastest source.

And I believe we should be mindful of that. And respect those whom are slowly making their way through the shows. I find it an attitude of superiority, when you say that people shouldn't be going on the thread if they don't want to see spoilers of an episode they haven't seen yet. It's basically saying that everyone should be able to put aside all IRL stuff, and just keep up on a show/s. Which is not at all realistic to expect.

Sorry if the thoughts are jumbled, but that's really all I have to say. I thought of this, because I was on the 2011 Summer Anime thread, where talk about R15 is pretty much the main subject, and someone had seen episode 4 already. When I've only seen episode 2. Thankfully, they used the spoiler tags, and I wasn't screwed over on some of the show.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 am

Episode 4 was adorable ~

Spoiler:
See? It wasn't really meant to be a secret what you were hinting at probably. I wonder how her mother will react?
Spoiler:

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:10 am

Ugh, at almost 30 and still single, this show is really tugging at my paternal instincts...

Great Show!

Awaking in 2014...

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:45 pm

leinaud wrote:Ugh, at almost 30 and still single, this show is really tugging at my paternal instincts...

Same, though I'm not almost 30. (25, so I'm only halfway to that particular landmark age.) A lot of recent series have taught me that if I ever had a daughter, I would spoil the hell out of her.

...I'm okay knowing that.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rydux » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm actually surprised at how smoothly Daikichi's life is going, I would have thought he would have gone through more hardship like
Spoiler:
he did prior to his demotion

On the side note, did anyone else think they were looking at a Mini-Ryuji when seeing Kouki?
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 pm

With Episode 5, this show continues to be the winner of the season ~

Spoiler:
I have a feeling her mother may take her back at some point. Hopefully it doesn't end like that.
Spoiler:

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 am

vampko wrote:With Episode 5, this show continues to be the winner of the season ~

Spoiler:
I have a feeling her mother may take her back at some point. Hopefully it doesn't end like that.
It doesn't happen.

I finally got around to ep 5 after spamming some MMOness but anyways this definitely going as i expected .. this is a great series so far.

btw .. moe moe but oh so failboat. /sigh

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:23 am

Animeruko wrote:
vampko wrote:With Episode 5, this show continues to be the winner of the season ~

Spoiler:
It doesn't happen.

I finally got around to ep 5 after spamming some MMOness but anyways this definitely going as i expected .. this is a great series so far.

btw .. moe moe but oh so failboat. /sigh

How do you know this? Can you see into the future or something? I can say that anime go quite different from their source material oftentimes, so even if you read the source material, that still wouldn't amount to much.
Spoiler:

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 am

vampko wrote:How do you know this? Can you see into the future or something? I can say that anime go quite different from their source material oftentimes, so even if you read the source material, that still wouldn't amount to much.
It's a special passive ability I acquired upon becoming A Level 9999999 Hikikomori.

I know. A good example is Tsukihime.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

Animeruko wrote:
vampko wrote:How do you know this? Can you see into the future or something? I can say that anime go quite different from their source material oftentimes, so even if you read the source material, that still wouldn't amount to much.
It's a special passive ability I acquired upon becoming A Level 9999999 Hikikomori.

I know. A good example is Tsukihime.

If you're wrong, will you have to rethink your life?

Spoiler:
It kinda IS hinting. Regardless of CR's synopsis. She genuinely loves her daughter, and she's not a bad person. She even has a thought of taking her back kind of. Will she attempt it? It's possible. I just hope not. I could see a great family with Daikichi and that one boy's mom being together.

There are signs for both it to happen and it to not happen. It really just matters on where the studio takes it.
Spoiler:

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am

vampko wrote:If you're wrong, will you have to rethink your life?
lol, No. If i were to explain the mechanics it would make it a lot less amusing.

It will be interesting to see where it goes.
Last edited by Animeruko on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Usagi Drop's already over. They're not going to filler-end it.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Animeruko
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Animeruko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm

what do you mean?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Daverost wrote:Usagi Drop's already over. They're not going to filler-end it.

It's not just because of a 'filler end', just often times the anime can take a different direction. Look at Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou. In the Light novels, she gets with the boy. In the anime she gets with the girl. It wasn't anything to do with a 'filler end', it just took a different take on the matter.
Spoiler:

Return to “bunny drop”