Prinny Bomb #440 - Toradora! FULL ENGLISH DUB PE preorder!

This is where all the Prinny Bombs go.
dazo
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Prinny Bomb #440 - Toradora! FULL ENGLISH DUB PE preorder!

Postby dazo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Check it out, doods!

dazo :ugeek:

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Prinny Bomb #440 - Toradora! FULL ENGLISH DUB PE preorde

Postby ero_prince » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 pm

so is this a one time thing or will you do more? like get the home video release rights for hyperdimension neptunia the animation and Danganronpa the animation since funimation only has the streaming rights right now

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

I say a lot of mean things, NISA, but you do occasionally make me happier than I could imagine. This is one of those times.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Hmm Don't really feel like spending $100 for a 24 series. Plus I don't care for DVD/Bluray Combos. Just takes up more space.

I may pick up the series later one, it looks interesting.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 pm

ero_prince wrote:so is this a one time thing or will you do more? like get the home video release rights for hyperdimension neptunia the animation and Danganronpa the animation since funimation only has the streaming rights right now

this kind of thing doesn't really have any bearing on the type of thing you mentioned. specifically, no, we're not currently pursuing either of the two projects you mentioned. this is something we wanted to try, but it doesn't represent any kind of huge sea change for us.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 am

I miss the unintentionally insightful Houk. Looks like we're back to the standard public relations Houk.

Even if you don't have any other dub projects in the works, by doing this one, you are setting a precedent. Which means, if nothing else, people will now actually start asking everytime you pick up a new anime license.

The fact that NISA has broken such a long-standing and up until now, rather fervently defended policy against dubbing anime licenses, tells me that this likely isn't just a one-time thing. I don't see it being a common occurrence in the least, but I don't see why they would break such a policy if they didn't have some kind of lasting change of heart on it.

It only makes sense business-wise to me. If something sold really well, why the hell wouldn't you re-release it again at some point? Sentai has been having success with that model at least, and I'm guessing NISA just now took notice of that.

Not saying I like that model though. When you think about it, it is kind of stupid on the consumer end to pay over a hundred dollars on the off-chance that years later you MIGHT be able to pay another hundred dollars to get the dubbed set you actually wanted in the first place.

But hey, if it means shows like NagiAsu now have a 5% chance of getting dubbed as opposed to 0%, well I guess anything is an improvement.

EDIT: The above post was written before I read Houk's reply to my post in the Toradora sub-board. So just keep that in mind.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:54 am

Well this is great! Though honestly, as much as I love Toradora, I really feel you guys should've dubbed a newer anime first. Especially if you may be gauging it's sales on how you handle future projects.

But anyway, this is pretty great news~

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 am

ZekeFreek wrote:I miss the unintentionally insightful Houk.

I like how you say this as if I'm not 100% aware of what I say at all times on these boards. Unlike some people, I actually think about what I write so that it expresses exactly what I want it to.

None of what I said is PR-related. It's an honest account of our current policy. If this goes on to sell a bajillion copies, I'm sure we'll look into dubbing more of our shows. But it's not going to become standard policy anytime soon, because regularly dubbing anime, especially when we're still primarily a game company, eats up a TON of resources.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 am

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:I miss the unintentionally insightful Houk.

I like how you say this as if I'm not 100% aware of what I say at all times on these boards. Unlike some people, I actually think about what I write so that it expresses exactly what I want it to.

None of what I said is PR-related. It's an honest account of our current policy. If this goes on to sell a bajillion copies, I'm sure we'll look into dubbing more of our shows. But it's not going to become standard policy anytime soon, because regularly dubbing anime, especially when we're still primarily a game company, eats up a TON of resources.

Fair enough, though that's not exactly what I meant. I think sometimes you give more insight than you think you do.

Doing it once is enough to be considered a chance in policy. Even if it from

"We're currently not considering dubbing any of our anime licenses"

to

"Under the right conditions, if everything lines up correctly, a dub may be considered".

That's still a shift because we as consumers before thought "This will never happen" and now we're thinking "Huh... so there's a chance".
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am

Actually, those comments make perfect sense to me. One is an explanation of current actions and the other is the view of their actions as a whole - and they're not mutually exclusive. It's completely possible to not be considering a dub for any show (at the moment) while still leaving open the possibility for doing dubs if circumstances change.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 am

Rednal wrote:Actually, those comments make perfect sense to me. One is an explanation of current actions and the other is the view of their actions as a whole - and they're not mutually exclusive. It's completely possible to not be considering a dub for any show (at the moment) while still leaving open the possibility for doing dubs if circumstances change.

If you take the statements at face value, sure. They don't seem contradictory.

But there was never a precedent before, and that changes the dynamic.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Zeke - I know what you meant, and I meant what I said. I'm like the Tolkienesque wizard of writing - I always arrive at precisely the message I mean to. All this means is that now we've dubbed one anime. Maybe we'll do it again, maybe not. If you're taking this as a sign of any bigger change than that, you're mistaken.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Houk wrote:Zeke - I know what you meant, and I meant what I said. I'm like the Tolkienesque wizard of writing - I always arrive at precisely the message I mean to. All this means is that now we've dubbed one anime. Maybe we'll do it again, maybe not. If you're taking this as a sign of any bigger change than that, you're mistaken.

I know you've said NISA has been open to the idea before, but that was just words. This is an action, so it carries more significance. I think you can see what I'm talking about from that.

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Another BD/DVD combo, huh? Well I'm going to pass then. I don't want to pay extra money for half of a product I'm never going to use (DVD). Maybe if the price ever comes down, then I'll consider it.

Its cool that NISA is looking into dubbing anime. I hope that doesn't take away from the budget of potential dubs of games though.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:40 pm

They mentioned in my Danganronpa Interview that they have a set amount they don't really deviate from too much, so I wouldn't worry about it. ^^ It's probably not going to have a huge effect on their game budgets.

Probably. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Prinny Bombs”