Postby Jordan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Enjoy, doods!

-Jordan

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: #486 - Toradora! on Crunchyroll & MSZ Patch

Postby Rednal » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 pm

I see a new staff member here... hello and welcome!

(And thanks for the Patch - it's working great!)
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Jordan
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Jordan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:18 am

Thank you kindly!

Good to hear the patch is working as intended! :)

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Can't watch Toradora streams, too busy watching it on lovely new BDs :D

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:51 pm

I'd love to hear comment on how well the set is selling. Nobody needs to start posting numbers, but just a general idea whether NISA considers this experiment a success or not. Though it might be a bit early to tell.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:02 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:I'd love to hear comment on how well the set is selling. Nobody needs to start posting numbers, but just a general idea whether NISA considers this experiment a success or not. Though it might be a bit early to tell.

It's doing well! Although yeah, at this point it's hard to say if it'll be enough to make this a trend.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:I'd love to hear comment on how well the set is selling. Nobody needs to start posting numbers, but just a general idea whether NISA considers this experiment a success or not. Though it might be a bit early to tell.

It's doing well! Although yeah, at this point it's hard to say if it'll be enough to make this a trend.

Thanks. I figured it'd be too early to call it.

I am wondering if it would be more or less likely that NISA would continue re-issuing shows they've already put out before or take a risk on newer properties. Probably the former.

Out of curiosity, since Aniplex released the Anohana movie here, does NISA still hold the rights to the TV series?
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:

I am wondering if it would be more or less likely that NISA would continue re-issuing shows they've already put out before or take a risk on newer properties. Probably the former.

Out of curiosity, since Aniplex released the Anohana movie here, does NISA still hold the rights to the TV series?

Umm, that I have no idea. We're still selling the show discs, which makes me assume we still have the rights for that. But I don't know anything about when rights lapse or when/how they get renegotiated or anything like that. That's well above my paygrade.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:

Umm, that I have no idea. We're still selling the show discs, which makes me assume we still have the rights for that. But I don't know anything about when rights lapse or when/how they get renegotiated or anything like that. That's well above my paygrade.

I would have to infer that it's probably two separate licenses.

I have to imagine if another company already had rights to the show, they wouldn't be comfortable with NISA continuing to sell them.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:

I would have to infer that it's probably two separate licenses.

I have to imagine if another company already had rights to the show, they wouldn't be comfortable with NISA continuing to sell them.

I think this is more of a case where Aniplex saw the Anohana movie being quite successful for them in Japan, so they tossed it to their American branch when they thought they would see a good profit.
I'd be amazed if Aniplex of America had any interest in the TV series at this point, it's not like they're offering a superior product like in Baccano's case, and the market is pretty saturated with CEs priced half of what AoA normally charges.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 pm

I think this is more of a case where Aniplex saw the Anohana movie being quite successful for them in Japan, so they tossed it to their American branch when they thought they would see a good profit.
I'd be amazed if Aniplex of America had any interest in the TV series at this point, it's not like they're offering a superior product like in Baccano's case, and the market is pretty saturated with CEs priced 20-30% of what AoA normally charges.

Fixed.

Return to “Prinny Bombs”