What is the difference between World and Land shares?

Official Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Discussion Forum
BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

What is the difference between World and Land shares?

Postby BleachBummer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Asking this because like my first run of Hyperdimension Neptunia, I want to get the true ending on my first go without New Game+. I did it in the first game, so I plan to do it again here. I think I know how to increase the shares, but I don't know the difference between World and Individual shares.

From what I understand, shares increase as you do quests for that land. Someone correct me if I am missing something.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: What is the difference between World and Land shares?

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Land Shares: The percentage of shares for each landmass in a particular city. This is important for goddess recruitment (50% in each capital city for the corresponding landmass starting from chapter 5), Conquest ending Chirper events (55% in each landmass for the corresponding city in chapters 2 and 3 only), and paths for Normal ending (70% in desired capital city for corresponding landmass) and the True Ending (70% for every capital city for its corresponding landmass).

World Shares: The percentage of shares across every city combined. This is only important for the Conquest ending, where Planeptune's world shares must be over 55%, and the True Ending, where all landmasses must have world shares of at least 15%.

Lily Ranks also play into the Normal and True endings, but as long as you get them all to 5, then you should have no problem. This is easiest to do by going for the Conquest Ending first while still watching all the Chirper events along the way because not only do Chirper events reset in New Game+ unlike Lily Ranks, which stay the same between playthroughs, but you also get the strongest non-DLC weapon for Nepgear in the game by doing the Conquest ending. If any Lily Ranks aren't at 5 by the end of NG+, putting the characters in the frontlines in battle also raises Lily Ranks, albeit rather slowly (that can be sped up by going to a low-level dungeon).

For reference, the capital cities are the ones named after the landmasses.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm

By the by, I'm having a hard time raising shares for the landmasses. I know that reporting a quest in a landmass changes the shares according to how the quest specifies it but, with Lastation, I submit quests of Lastation + 10 and Arfoire - 10 and nothing's changed, even though Arfoire still has more than 10 shares. Why is this?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Porecomesis wrote:By the by, I'm having a hard time raising shares for the landmasses. I know that reporting a quest in a landmass changes the shares according to how the quest specifies it but, with Lastation, I submit quests of Lastation + 10 and Arfoire - 10 and nothing's changed, even though Arfoire still has more than 10 shares. Why is this?

Are you sure that the landmass that it affects is Lastation instead of, say, Haneda City.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:By the by, I'm having a hard time raising shares for the landmasses. I know that reporting a quest in a landmass changes the shares according to how the quest specifies it but, with Lastation, I submit quests of Lastation + 10 and Arfoire - 10 and nothing's changed, even though Arfoire still has more than 10 shares. Why is this?

Are you sure that the landmass that it affects is Lastation instead of, say, Haneda City.

o_o

... I don't know.

By the way, how does the Colosseum affect shares?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:

o_o

... I don't know.

By the way, how does the Colosseum affect shares?

Above where it mentions how shares are affected, it'll mention what city the shares apply to.

The Colosseum affects shares exactly the same as how quests affect the shares, but I'd recommend just doing a low-level sidequest over and over again to make things move faster since Colosseum battles take a bit of time.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:Land Shares: The percentage of shares for each landmass in a particular city. This is important for goddess recruitment (50% in each capital city for the corresponding landmass starting from chapter 5), Conquest ending Chirper events (55% in each landmass for the corresponding city in chapters 2 and 3 only), and paths for Normal ending (70% in desired capital city for corresponding landmass) and the True Ending (70% for every capital city for its corresponding landmass).

World Shares: The percentage of shares across every city combined. This is only important for the Conquest ending, where Planeptune's world shares must be over 55%, and the True Ending, where all landmasses must have world shares of at least 15%.

Lily Ranks also play into the Normal and True endings, but as long as you get them all to 5, then you should have no problem. This is easiest to do by going for the Conquest Ending first while still watching all the Chirper events along the way because not only do Chirper events reset in New Game+ unlike Lily Ranks, which stay the same between playthroughs, but you also get the strongest non-DLC weapon for Nepgear in the game by doing the Conquest ending. If any Lily Ranks aren't at 5 by the end of NG+, putting the characters in the frontlines in battle also raises Lily Ranks, albeit rather slowly (that can be sped up by going to a low-level dungeon).

Well I don't plan on doing the Conquest Ending first, but thanks anyway. So in other words I should only worry about the individual land shares and ignore World Shares to get the True Ending? If this is right, I'd like to say my method of doing so to see if it is good or not.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm

BleachBummer wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:Land Shares: The percentage of shares for each landmass in a particular city. This is important for goddess recruitment (50% in each capital city for the corresponding landmass starting from chapter 5), Conquest ending Chirper events (55% in each landmass for the corresponding city in chapters 2 and 3 only), and paths for Normal ending (70% in desired capital city for corresponding landmass) and the True Ending (70% for every capital city for its corresponding landmass).

Well I don't plan on doing the Conquest Ending first, but thanks anyway. So in other words I should only worry about the individual land shares and ignore World Shares to get the True Ending? If this is right, I'd like to say my method of doing so to see if it is good or not.

Actually, the World Shares must be 15% or more for each landmass, so you do have to worry about it. I even mentioned it in my original post. Also, doing the Conquest ending first greatly reduces any Lily Rank grinding you'll have to do for the other endings along with giving you the aforementioned super-powerful weapon for Nepgear (I believe the strength difference between it and her DLC weapon is about 25), so you may want to reconsider your choice seeing as how Lily Rank grinding exactly the funnest thing in the world.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:

Actually, the World Shares must be 15% or more for each landmass, so you do have to worry about it. I even mentioned it in my original post. Also, doing the Conquest ending first greatly reduces any Lily Rank grinding you'll have to do for the other endings along with giving you the aforementioned super-powerful weapon for Nepgear (I believe the strength difference between it and her DLC weapon is about 25), so you may want to reconsider your choice seeing as how Lily Rank grinding exactly the funnest thing in the world.

Well I survived just fine getting the True Ending on my first run on the first game, (as well as on my LP run even though that run was harder do to being more underleveled then I was use to, stupid Black Heart killing me 13 times) so I am willing to do it again if I have to with the second game. I am thankfully for the advice, but I've always been best ending on first run for every game I play except Touhou. Did it with all the Disgaea games I played, did it with the first HDN, working on it for Trinity Universe, so I plan to do it in MK2 as well. Nothing personal, it is just how I like to play the games. I am not a 100% gamer, but I do like getting the best endings on my first run as a sense of completion.

Also, I can always save a copy of my file and do the Conquest Ending later if I so wished. Which I may probably do now that I am thinking about it.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 pm

BleachBummer wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:

Well I survived just fine getting the True Ending on my first run on the first game, (as well as on my LP run even though that run was harder do to being more underleveled then I was use to, stupid Black Heart killing me 13 times) so I am willing to do it again if I have to with the second game. I am thankfully for the advice, but I've always been best ending on first run for every game I play except Touhou. Did it with all the Disgaea games I played, did it with the first HDN, working on it for Trinity Universe, so I plan to do it in MK2 as well. Nothing personal, it is just how I like to play the games. I am not a 100% gamer, but I do like getting the best endings on my first run as a sense of completion.

Also, I can always save a copy of my file and do the Conquest Ending later if I so wished. Which I may probably do now that I am thinking about it.

It'd be better to just do the Conquest ending last in that case. Depending on where you save, you can also get all of the paths for the Normal ending on the same run as the True ending like I did. Also, the requirements for the Conquest ending are too different for doing them on the same save to be practical, not to mention you have to do a NG+ for Delphinus. Besides, the goddess fights in the Conquest ending are pretty hard for a first ending anyway, so you'll probably have an easier time doing the True ending first, especially since once you get Neptune, you may as well have Neptune in front with Nepgear as her support to break the damage cap since you can spam her skills to victory in most boss fights that way (especially Violet Schwestern, which can bring down even Delphinus in 3-4 hits).
Trophy card
Spoiler:

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:

It'd be better to just do the Conquest ending last in that case. Depending on where you save, you can also get all of the paths for the Normal ending on the same run as the True ending like I did. Also, the requirements for the Conquest ending are too different for doing them on the same save to be practical, not to mention you have to do a NG+ for Delphinus. Besides, the goddess fights in the Conquest ending are pretty hard for a first ending anyway, so you'll probably have an easier time doing the True ending first, especially since once you get Neptune, you may as well have Neptune in front with Nepgear as her support to break the damage cap since you can spam her skills to victory in most boss fights that way (especially Violet Schwestern, which can bring down even Delphinus in 3-4 hits).

I see, thanks.

So now I want to know if my method for gaining Land shares is good. As of right now I am focusing on only lowering the Arfoire Shares and raising the others, I still have other missions open to obtain such as lowering Lastation's share for Planeptune incase I need to try and even things out.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 pm

BleachBummer wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:

I see, thanks.

So now I want to know if my method for gaining Land shares is good. As of right now I am focusing on only lowering the Arfoire Shares and raising the others, I still have other missions open to obtain such as lowering Lastation's share for Planeptune incase I need to try and even things out.

That's a good start considering each capital city needs 70% of the shares for its corresponding landmass to get the ending. Also, I believe all characters need to have a Lily Rank of 5 as well.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 am

Wdog-999 wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:
I see, thanks.

That's a good start considering each capital city needs 70% of the shares for its corresponding landmass to get the ending. Also, I believe all characters need to have a Lily Rank of 5 as well.

Yes they do, and so far IF and Compa are on rank 3 and Nisa is on rank 2. Uni is on rank 1 but that was because of the story, plus she left my party again of story.

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Also, please tell me the Lily Rank for the DLC characters can be ignored because I don't think I have the money to get them right now.

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:59 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2”