Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 General Chat

Official Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 General Chat

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:55 am

Seventh wrote:
vampko wrote:Though that's a bit of a deceiving statment since they're all so very likeable to the max~

Ain't it the true? Other than Vert, I think I can honestly say I prefer the sisters to the CPUs across the board. ... Which really makes me wish Vert had had a sister, even if only in some alternate universe!

In my eye's Vert's little sister is Nepgear, they have had great relationships some games since Mk2 including Mugen Souls Z and Neptunia PP.
Neptunia Victory References
Spoiler:
Neptune would rather hang out with Plutia in Victory for 3 years in fact and did no attempt to return. When she had a chance to return to her original time on Chapter 4 she seem very upset but it didn't happen then. After an accident where Nepgear came to the other dimension, Neptune was not excited and even forgot to buy the sovereign she promised.

Neptunia Victory Good ending (huge spoilers)
Spoiler:
Very strange to be even labled as the good ending path, Nep-Nep would gladly return to Hyperdimension with Plutia but forgot about Nepgear and left her in the wrong dimension.

@Vampko
Spoiler:
They need to brush up on Peashy's story, I wonder how she would fit in a sequel.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 am

I'll take your word on that one (I was already enjoying their relationship in MK2 anyway), so that's probably the first thing I've heard about V that has me looking forward to it, ha.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:41 pm

On MK2 the Symbol Attacks where you press Square to hit a monster, do you still gain EXP/Credits if you hit a monster weak enough to kill it without entering a battle? I noticed quests that require certain monster kills don't count if you use Symbol Attacks on weak monsters.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:On MK2 the Symbol Attacks where you press Square to hit a monster, do you still gain EXP/Credits if you hit a monster weak enough to kill it without entering a battle? I noticed quests that require certain monster kills don't count if you use Symbol Attacks on weak monsters.

No exp unless you go to a battle, when you get real strong in the game, symbol attacks ware useless when you want to grind.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Could have made a thread about it, but I decided I'd get a proper response here so I'm posting it here.

Okay so after doing some talking with a Japanese seller on Amazon UK, I've decided that I am going to be purchasing the JP version of Neptunia mk2. Yes I'm fully aware that my knowledge of the Japanese language is literally small, but I'm having a Wdog moment and I jusr need trophies that badly. And mk2 seems the perfect test subject for my first ps3 import game.

My only question is this: how hard are the custom duties going to hit me? I get paid this Wednesday and the game right now costs £36.23 and it's FREE Delivery. However the customs I'm not sure of but I'm hoping it'll be at least less than £15 because the last time I had to pay customs fedex charged me around £17.

The better a detailed answer I get the more satisfied I'll be. I also hope I can pay by bank card otherwise I'm literally screwed

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
MegaManZXAvant wrote:On MK2 the Symbol Attacks where you press Square to hit a monster, do you still gain EXP/Credits if you hit a monster weak enough to kill it without entering a battle? I noticed quests that require certain monster kills don't count if you use Symbol Attacks on weak monsters.

No exp unless you go to a battle, when you get real strong in the game, symbol attacks ware useless when you want to grind.

Yeah I can see symbol attacks being a problem later in the game, on the other hand the game is pretty easy even without the symbol attacks bonus to AP/SP it gives you. If your strong enough you won't really need that boost.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:20 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:My only question is this: how hard are the custom duties going to hit me? I get paid this Wednesday and the game right now costs £36.23 and it's FREE Delivery. However the customs I'm not sure of but I'm hoping it'll be at least less than £15 because the last time I had to pay customs fedex charged me around £17.

Even £15 sounds pretty expensive, that's about 1/2 the price just for customs.

*** I've imported many games before but money was never a problem.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:29 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Even £15 sounds pretty expensive, that's about 1/2 the price just for customs.

*** I've imported many games before but money was never a problem.

Which is why I'm worried if that's what it's going to hit me with when I import again. Granted I get paid £100 every fortnight and that the "£17" bs was due to Fedex being greedy, but I just need to know exactly how much I'm going to get charged because if all goes well, I might order the limited edition of Neptune PP on my next pay-day.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:Which is why I'm worried if that's what it's going to hit me with when I import again. Granted I get paid £100 every fortnight and that the "£17" bs was due to Fedex being greedy, but I just need to know exactly how much I'm going to get charged because if all goes well, I might order the limited edition of Neptune PP on my next pay-day.

Free shipping is a good deal though but I've paid £45 for express shipping with customs included so I'd estimate £15 being a fair amount but life's never been fair unless you're w-dog999 who gets anything he wants.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Free shipping is a good deal though but I've paid £45 for express shipping with customs included so I'd estimate £15 being a fair amount but life's never been fair unless you're w-dog999 who gets anything he wants.

Ouch. I would honestly hate to be in your shoes and paying that much for express shipping. But luckily importing in general isn't that strong for me. But if it were, I'd rather it just be a series of a game I like and if it offers Free shipping. If it doesn't and it's over £50, I'm not going to bother.

And I at least hope I don't turn into W-dog. I'm sure he doesn't need someone else being obsessed with trophies like he is. But while £15 does seem fair for customs even though I do think it's a little too expensive, I at least hope it's less than £10 so I can save up some extra money when I make another import.

All I'm planning to do really is import the Neptunia games and maybe fff. Atelier series as well if it didn't leave a bloody bad taste in my mouth when I played Totori blind :evil:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:And I at least hope I don't turn into W-dog. I'm sure he doesn't need someone else being obsessed with trophies like he is.

Oh, trust me, there are people far worse than me. Besides the people who will literally hack games for trophies, there are also people who will refuse to buy a game just because of some grindy MP trophies or because it doesn't have a plat. I may use them as a reason to buy a game, but never as a reason not to buy a game.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:All I'm planning to do really is import the Neptunia games and maybe fff.

I'm getting FFF next month, looks like a pretty badass series judging from what I've seen from Master Zazza, characters are not as charming are Neptunia or Mugen Souls but I hope this series will pleases me as well as their recent titles.

Wdog-999 wrote:Oh, trust me, there are people far worse than me. Besides the people who will literally hack games for trophies, there are also people who will refuse to buy a game just because of some grindy MP trophies or because it doesn't have a plat. I may use them as a reason to buy a game, but never as a reason not to buy a game.

Trophy hunting badasses don't stoop that low for trophies.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:Oh, trust me, there are people far worse than me. Besides the people who will literally hack games for trophies, there are also people who will refuse to buy a game just because of some grindy MP trophies or because it doesn't have a plat. I may use them as a reason to buy a game, but never as a reason not to buy a game.

I see. Personally speaking I'd just rather buy games to complete them 100%. I won't go for a game that has online trophies because chances are I'm severely too late to even 100% it now and I know I've got a game that's guilty for this (I'm looking at you DiRT 2).

All I'm trying to say is that as long as that 100% rewards me with something, then I won't care if it doesn't give me a platinum. But I'm sorry I'm just craving for trophies that badly that I feel I no longer can enjoy a game anymore.

chouchou's peon wrote:I'm getting FFF next month, looks like a pretty badass series judging from what I've seen from Master Zazza, characters are not as charming are Neptunia or Mugen Souls but I hope this series will pleases me as well as their recent titles..

From what I've seen of it, it's just recycled Neptunia characters coloured differently. Either way I am planning on getting it eventually. But I'll only get it if

- A certain Japanese buyer (that I'm going to be buying off) has it in stock on Amazon UK.
- It's a bargain edition (ie: Compile Heart version).
- It has Free Delivery (I'm not paying £9 for P&P especially when I know custom duties will screw me over).
- It can't cost over £50.

Otherwise I'll just hold off on it. Hell I'm even waiting for a Compile Heart edition of Neptunia V before I even consider purchasing it. But the idol game I need badly so of course I'm going to get that in another fortnight.

MsFuruba
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MsFuruba » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:58 am

NEET_GAMER wrote:Otherwise I'll just hold off on it. Hell I'm even waiting for a Compile Heart edition of Neptunia V before I even consider purchasing it. But the idol game I need badly so of course I'm going to get that in another fortnight.

Wouldn't Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP be rather difficult to play with minimal Japanese? It's pretty much a Visual Novel, and there's a lot of missable events if you're going for the platinum, though thankfully there's an extremely well written trophy guide uploaded. The game's one of my first priorities when I pick up a Vita, for sure.
Signature by ESYLD | PSN: Jill-N-Cheese | Now playing: ドラッグ オン ドラグーン3

JaxTH
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby JaxTH » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

MsFuruba wrote:Wouldn't Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP be rather difficult to play with minimal Japanese?

That hasn't stopped anyone before.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2”