I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
User avatar
Chocobo115
Majin
Majin
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:49 am
Location: The land of the ice and snow

I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Chocobo115 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Heya NISA-doods,

I have been asking this a loooong time ago. but wanted to try again and see what you respond this time since the situation is a bit different from back then.

Suddenly after the 2nd DLC batch in EU did you suddenly stop releasing DLC in Sweden. And it was somewhat annoying since I really wanted (and still want to) pick up some of the characters, such as Nisa, Petta & Ash before I started doing the end-game stuff. So recently when hearing about Disgaea Dimension 2 made me itch for Disgaea 4 again.
So, is there any chance you could release the missing DLC in Sweden? I know you managed to release Legastia (sorry if I spelled wrong) a few weeks after the rest of EU (please put it on sale!).
It would make me really really happy. And if it's just a matter of mere translation work I would offer to do a translation myself. (better leave it to some professional I guess)

Oh I have another question: How much of the DLC has been released in US and the rest of Europe? I kinda lost track back then.
Image

User avatar
Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am
Location: ERROR
Contact:

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Stranger » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 am

9 batches of DLC total, I believe.
Tu fui ego eris

DarkGojitto
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby DarkGojitto » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello I'm Player from Poland...(yes,i know)

Like you im waiting for dlc for Disgaea 4 and so far my research led me to conclusion that due to requirement which forces NIS to translate stuff for Psn we will never receive DlC for our Dear Game.

From my perspective its completely unnecessary process which limits players accessing dlc which should be long time ago available for us.At my ps3 i use English,same goes for using psn shop.PLEASE unlock these dlc for remaining countries not only for Poland but also for countries which must suffer due unnecessary translation.If you need help with translation i would gladly help with it.I learned much about translating between my language and English but i don't have much experience.I hope this mistake will be corrected so we all could enjoy playing game and i could finally archieve "ultimate" victory by defeating Overlord Baal for 1st time otherwise it will sadden my heart to leave such awsome game and stop supporting NIS for their great work in localization of games which comes from Japan

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Rednal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 pm

If I were you, I'd get an e-mail address based in America somewhere and make a PSN account linked to that. This should allow you to access the US version of the PSN and obtain DLC for the game that way. ^^ Or so I've heard.

...

Not sure if you need an R1 version of the game or not. o.O In the future, it might work better to import the NA version and do this?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
Chocobo115
Majin
Majin
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:49 am
Location: The land of the ice and snow

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Chocobo115 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Rednal wrote:If I were you, I'd get an e-mail address based in America somewhere and make a PSN account linked to that. This should allow you to access the US version of the PSN and obtain DLC for the game that way. ^^ Or so I've heard.

...

Not sure if you need an R1 version of the game or not. o.O In the future, it might work better to import the NA version and do this?


Been suggested to do this back before. Yes i would need a R1 copy of the game in that case.
I just don't like managing money/downloads on several accounts.
And I'm pretty sure that NISA can get the DLC out if they just put their mind to it.
There has been NISA DLC releases in Sweden for other games, after they shutted off Disgaea they would just have to do an extra submission to the EU store for the DLC. A bit late I'm aware, but all this time I have been hoping that NISA would do it for the fans in the affected countries.

It's just that I want to be treated on same terms like US and rest of EU. Back then I was really angry at NISA cause I can't think of any other publishing company worth mentioning that screws part of their customers in the same way as NISA did back then.
Image

User avatar
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby artemisthemp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Chocobo115 wrote:
Rednal wrote:If I were you, I'd get an e-mail address based in America somewhere and make a PSN account linked to that. This should allow you to access the US version of the PSN and obtain DLC for the game that way. ^^ Or so I've heard.

...

Not sure if you need an R1 version of the game or not. o.O In the future, it might work better to import the NA version and do this?


Been suggested to do this back before. Yes i would need a R1 copy of the game in that case.
I just don't like managing money/downloads on several accounts.
And I'm pretty sure that NISA can get the DLC out if they just put their mind to it.
There has been NISA DLC releases in Sweden for other games, after they shutted off Disgaea they would just have to do an extra submission to the EU store for the DLC. A bit late I'm aware, but all this time I have been hoping that NISA would do it for the fans in the affected countries.

It's just that I want to be treated on same terms like US and rest of EU. Back then I was really angry at NISA cause I can't think of any other publishing company worth mentioning that screws part of their customers in the same way as NISA did back then.

Easiest way to get DLC for Disgaea 4 (EU) is to make a UK PSN and get the DLC from there.
Image
Image

User avatar
Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am
Location: ERROR
Contact:

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Stranger » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm still confused why every EU country needs its own account-type. Can't Sony just merge them into just EU and users can select their language separately? Seems like a giant hassle all around.
Tu fui ego eris

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 am

Stranger wrote:I'm still confused why every EU country needs its own account-type. Can't Sony just merge them into just EU and users can select their language separately? Seems like a giant hassle all around.

It's the difference in currency which is the big problem really.
They don't accept trying to use different ones to buy stuff. If it's in pounds you can only pay in pounds.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 am

actually, no, Ring, it's not. Most of Europe uses the Euro as currency, the UK is one of the few exceptions.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 am

CelticRedemption wrote:actually, no, Ring, it's not. Most of Europe uses the Euro as currency, the UK is one of the few exceptions.

Yeah, but for buying things from completely different currency stores it applies. It's not like some online stores where you can buy things in other currencies just fine.
The different accounts for each same currency-using country is just nonsense. Though it would help if they just loosened up on their translation requirements, as that's what causing the problems for people.
Basically it's just a silly system. Not sure much more needs to be said. :P
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby artemisthemp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 am

Actually one of the reason is Rights.
Example - The Video Store ain't available in Danish PSN, even though most of those movie has been clear for sales in EU.
Another Example - Some German games have cut/censor certain content.
Image
Image

User avatar
Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am
Location: ERROR
Contact:

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Stranger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 pm

They could edit what needs it on a case by case basis, but overall if multiple countries use the same currency, they shouldn't need completely separate PSNs.
Tu fui ego eris

DarkGojitto
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby DarkGojitto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:29 am

Is there any way i can download free dlc(Baal) so i could fight him on my main account.I know i can download it using my UK account but i don't want to reply story mode for 14th time(i did that for achievements)
WHY DO YOU HATE US NISA WHY????

PS:I apologise if my message sound mean/whinny but waiting for that long for stuff which most Europe has can't be withhold any longer :evil:

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 am

DarkGojitto wrote:Is there any way i can download free dlc(Baal) so i could fight him on my main account.I know i can download it using my UK account but i don't want to reply story mode for 14th time(i did that for achievements)
WHY DO YOU HATE US NISA WHY????

PS:I apologise if my message sound mean/whinny but waiting for that long for stuff which most Europe has can't be withhold any longer :evil:

Just download it, then switch back to your normal account and use your usual save and it should work just fine.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

DarkGojitto
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: I'm not going to see the Disgaea 4 DLC am I?

Postby DarkGojitto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 am

Thank You Very Much for your advice.I downloaded as you said and now i can access his map from my save.I guess its time to grind at Mt Ordeal 4 in Land of Carnage.

I hope we will soon gain access to other dlc without using UK account


Return to “Feedback for NIS America”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests