NISA Europe Online Store Discussion

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Temuthril
Vassal
Vassal

NISA Europe Online Store Discussion

Postby Temuthril » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm sure many are overjoyed by this announcement, but this is actually worse for me as a European.
Because the NISA Europe Online Store will now serve our European customers directly, this also means that the original NISA Online Store will no longer be shipping products, including anime and merchandise, to customers in the PAL region. We will still fulfill any existing orders and preorders placed before July 1 by our European customers, but following that date the NISA Europe Online Store will be the official site for European customers to purchase limited editions of our games.

I e-mailed the support for clarification, and they said the following:
The video game LEs that will be released on the NIS America European online store will have the PAL versions of the game.

The problem here is that I've always used an NA PSN account for my PS3/Vita/PSP, and at least starting with Vita, Sony is trying their hardest to make switching accounts an absolute pain. Having all game and DLC purchases and trophies under one account also makes things easier.
I also have an NA 3DS XL, so if you happened to publish some 3DS games in the future, I wouldn't even be able to play them if bought from the EU store.

I don't suppose there's any way for NISA to reconsider their stance on this at this point any more? Even if we Europeans want to pay for the USPS shipping costs?

Or alternatively, does anyone happen to know any reliable mail proxies in the US?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Regarding NISA Europe Online Store

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 am

Seeing as you're very much the exception to general rule here, I would imagine it's going to be bit tricky.
Just so you know you're going to be a very small minority here.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Temuthril
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Temuthril » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 am

Large enough of a minority for them to make a specific exception to ban business with though.

Oxidian
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Oxidian » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:33 am

games on europe stor cost twice, there's no way they will ship again from america since the difference in price.

Temuthril
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Temuthril » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Oxidian wrote:games on europe stor cost twice, there's no way they will ship again from america since the difference in price.

Guess that explains everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Looks like it's definitely a mail proxy for me, not going to do this $1 = £1 conversion thingie.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Temuthril wrote:Looks like it's definitely a mail proxy for me, not going to do this $1 = £1 conversion thingie.

Yeah, this not okay. I'm failing to think of the words to describe how not okay this is.
There should be some disparity if you attempt to do a straight conversion, as you have to take the 20% VAT into account, but not that much.

Then you also have to pay £5 shipping to the UK, and probably at least £15 for anywhere else (a few places get away with £10, Oceania gets stung for another fiver making it £20).

I don't see this doing overly well. The prices are simply not reasonable and heavily engaging in price discrimination.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:10 pm

This is outright ridiculous. I woke up today to find that not only can I no longer buy my American imported games from the NISA store, but also to find that the PAL versions are now for sale on the European, branch, which sounds nice, but it's more than double the price of what I'm paying to import it from America!

This is simply outrageous, I'm not paying more than 120 dollars for a game, and then still pay 15 pounds shipping, which btw is also more than than the 20-ish dollars for shipping I usually pay from the American store.
At least give us the option to buy from the American store.

I'm very, VERY, sad to say that unless this changes, I will never buy another NISA game, or at least definitely not from NISA/NISE directly, which really pains me, as I love these games.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Domo7
Vassal
Vassal

Prices in the Europe Online Store

Postby Domo7 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I've got a question. I live in the US. The preorders on the Europe Online Store are:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Limited Edition (£59.99)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited Limited Edition (£49.99)
Fairy Fencer F: Limited Edition with Beanie (£69.99)

The US prices for the same preorders are:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Limited Edition ($59.99)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited Limited Edition ($49.99)
Fairy Fencer F: Limited Edition with Beanie ($74.99)

Is there a reason the Fairy Fencer F LE $5.00 more than the EU price? The others are the exact same except the Fairy Fencer F one. Should the price be $69.99 in the US Store? I don't see why that would be more for the US, all 3 of the other LE's have the same bonus items in them.

Thanks

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Prices in the Europe Online Store

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Errrm, the prices on the EU store are in Great British Pounds (£), not US Dollars ($), and their values are no-where near equivalent.
it's actually over $1.6 to £1.
Therefore the numerical difference of 5 is actually tiny compared to difference in value between the two stores.
The EU store is at least 60% more expensive than the NA one.

Domo7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Domo7 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

That reply didn't help. I know about rate differences, that's not the issue. My question is. Why are the other two LE's the same in both stores, while the Fairy Fencer is more? Shouldn't they all be the same?

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Domo7 wrote:That reply didn't help. I know about rate differences, that's not the issue. My question is. Why are the other two LE's the same in both stores, while the Fairy Fencer is more? Shouldn't they all be the same?

So let me get this straight... you're complaining that the european store gets to buy FFF LE for 120 dollars instead of 130?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

108Stars
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby 108Stars » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:06 pm

This is a slap in the face of all European fans.

Honestly, I always believed NISA to be a really fan-friendly company, and when you announced the European Store I thought this was to save us from long delivery times, high shipping costs and customs trouble.

Now the store is open, and NIS fans all over Europe seem to be shocked. I'm not from the UK, but Germany. European fans now have to pay MORE than before; the price tags on the products, where you simply changed the $ symbol to a GBP symbol in most cases are huge, and shipping within Europe costs another 10 GBP, which is 5 times as much as I usually pay for things from the UK.

The pricing of products and shipping is so unreal it is almost laughable. We can no longer order from the US, but instead have to pay significantly more money to get the games from pretty much next door.

Also I'm surprised to find the GBP as the only currency, with most of Europe having the Euro. I understood it was the European Online Store, not the UK Online Store. And if you had swapped the $ symbol for a €, that would have been at least a somewhat more realistic pricing, though still expensive.

This is absolutely beyond comprehension. The UK is usually a place where people from all over Europe order games because it's cheap. And US prices are usually not just directly turned into GBP. NIS America can now claim to actually have brought its European fans the least attractive price conversion of any publisher for the EU store.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Domo7 wrote:That reply didn't help. I know about rate differences, that's not the issue. My question is. Why are the other two LE's the same in both stores, while the Fairy Fencer is more? Shouldn't they all be the same?

If you know about the rate difference, than why are you saying the NA store is "$5 more"? It's not $5 more, it's $75 compared to £70, which are both very different amounts.
£70 is at currently about $120.
So it's not '$5 more on the US store' it's actually $45 cheaper on the US store.

Domo7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Domo7 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:25 pm

CelticRedemption wrote:

So let me get this straight... you're complaining that the european store gets to buy FFF LE for 120 dollars instead of 130?

I don't think I ever said I was "complaining". You're putting words in my mouth. I just had one simple question that apparently you can't answer. Why are the other two the same, while Fairy Fencer is different? All I did was show the differences between stores in my first post. I just want to know if Fairy Fencer should be 69.99 in the US store.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Sorry, I'm rather incensed about the European pricing is all.
But, unlikely, I wouldn't treat the prices on the European store as reasonable comparisons as 1:1 from USD:GBP is woefully incorrect.

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”