NISA Europe Online Store Discussion

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Memor-X
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: NISA Europe Online Store Discussion

Postby Memor-X » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:15 pm

I just got on and saw this, it shows that NISA and NISE are listening, and in that they say that they'll work with those who have already made orders who would be affected by this, ordered Shin Megami Tensei Persona Q from the store an i now play ~AUS$139, $30 of which is postage which is normally what i pay on eBay for US Postage (which is what i would have done had the prices not be fixed), not perfect like what NISA was but it's on the right track and i can accept this.

as already stated there is the problem of the $1-to-£1 conversion which is wrong, maybe they could just convert the US price to GBP then maybe add £10 (a rough guess) or even just internally have the US Prices and add some sub-system which displays the GBP price with the extra. code wise like GBPOutput(item.price)+10 where GBPOutput connects to some 3rd party system like PayPal and gets the current conversion Rate and then apply that to the input item.price, if the third party goes down then maybe a fall back is applied instead

once this is done NISE has one more thing, no Ar Nosurge or NAtURAL DOCtRINE Limited Editions are on NISE despite Strands Editions being available in PAL, i've already ordered both but i am willing to cancel if NISE releases them, then all we need to do is wait for the other merch like shirts, posters/wall scrolls, plushies, anime to come out

RocK_M wrote:Get it fixed so people can start throwing money again at you NISA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE
Vivio: Yay, Feito-mama and Nanoha-mana made love, properly too this time
Nanoha: Vivio dear, what gives you that idea
Vivio: Aunty Hayate said you'd yell out like when i yell out replying "I'm Coming!" to you
Nanoha: Ha-ya-TEEEE!

SirRaven
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby SirRaven » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

Temuthril wrote:I'm sure many are overjoyed by this announcement, but this is actually worse for me as a European.
Because the NISA Europe Online Store will now serve our European customers directly, this also means that the original NISA Online Store will no longer be shipping products, including anime and merchandise, to customers in the PAL region. We will still fulfill any existing orders and preorders placed before July 1 by our European customers, but following that date the NISA Europe Online Store will be the official site for European customers to purchase limited editions of our games.

I e-mailed the support for clarification, and they said the following:
The video game LEs that will be released on the NIS America European online store will have the PAL versions of the game.

The problem here is that I've always used an NA PSN account for my PS3/Vita/PSP, and at least starting with Vita, Sony is trying their hardest to make switching accounts an absolute pain. Having all game and DLC purchases and trophies under one account also makes things easier.
I also have an NA 3DS XL, so if you happened to publish some 3DS games in the future, I wouldn't even be able to play them if bought from the EU store.

I don't suppose there's any way for NISA to reconsider their stance on this at this point any more? Even if we Europeans want to pay for the USPS shipping costs?

Or alternatively, does anyone happen to know any reliable mail proxies in the US?

I can vouch for this mate. Aussie here (woot, gotta love that 20 pound shipping). I only have a US PSN and JPN PSN along with my Aussie friends here. This is going to mean I have to get ANOTHER PSN account just for EU/AU now. Not only this, but to get hit daylight robbery prices. I can get FFF LE for AUD$95 here with shipping. From EU store? It costs AUD$165. As much as I love NISA, I simply will not pay for these unfair markups. I feel exactly the same as my European comrades who are also being ripped off with the Pound=USD. Please either allow imports from the NA store (I'd love this since I've got NA PSN) or drop the prices to a reasonable level (but then I'll have to make an EU/AU account...)

Iduno
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Iduno » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:14 am

The worst part is that there is literally no up side to even having an EU store anyway besides tiny amount of 3DS games coming through.

I mean it's just "Yay now I can buy a smaller selection of the games I could already buy but for more money", where here is the incentive for a customer to get behind this?

Even if customs got hold of our packages from America it'd still be cheaper to order from the American store if we still could and that's pretty messed up.

The daftest part is that NISA caters to a niche which by now is really savvy to this ****, they can't just pull the wool over our eyes with these prices and selections because we've been following the American store, or sites which report on the American store's offerings for ages and we can see exactly what the American store is offering and exactly what it is charging.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 am

Note that the American site doesn't include tax in the posted price, while the European versions apparently do, which should account for at least part of the difference. I'm still waiting on that answer from them, though... might send a reminder message shortly.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 am

Just to note that UK tax is 20% so even at £40 the tax would only be about £8. Not £20.

Loli-Banchou
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Loli-Banchou » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56 am

They do make a good case about the VAT inclusion.
But even without the VAT issue, the price is still too high, for buying the exact same LE's from our local retailer is a good chunk cheaper.

I really don't mind paying 20-25% extra for the LE's compared to local retailers to support NIS(E-A), that's why i hope they stop dodging the bullet.
As far as i know, they have yet to officially explain the reason for their prices in a concrete way.

I think decreasing the price difference by a fair amount and giving an official statement isn't that much to ask.
Last edited by Loli-Banchou on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 am

Rednal wrote:Note that the American site doesn't include tax in the posted price, while the European versions apparently do, which should account for at least part of the difference. I'm still waiting on that answer from them, though... might send a reminder message shortly.

Yeah, it's been yet another week of silence. You might want to give them a prod to at least say something.
Even if that's to say they can't say anything.

As of right now it comes across as just ignoring people.
This is not what you want when you previously shorted some past options and said 'it'll be better for our customers', because currently, it's not giving that impression.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Shiyu
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Shiyu » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:50 am

I think the tax argument that is sometimes brought up is made illegit simply by the fact that all the other publishers who are also not based in Europe actually ARE able to demand reasonable prices, even though they have to include the same taxes.
Seems like it is only poor NISE who cannot demand reasonable prices like everyone else. Life is unfair.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:22 am

Ummm. The tax wasn't being used as excuse for the prices.
We were simply saying how it's good that the places without tax can get it removed.

Prices are still ridiculous, as they're way higher than the tax increase would suggest.

RocK_M
Vassal
Vassal

Postby RocK_M » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm

As above said... the Tax direction was good only in a sense that it's not applying Tax that shouldn't apply to folks outside of UK.

That still doesn't excuse the 1 to 1 conversion though... and frankly it's nearly the end of the month and nothings been fixed. So looks like I'm gonna be skipping NISE until the near future...

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:17 am

Well, most of the countries in the exemption list are anything that's not in the EU.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Is there a double tax maybe? I think I remember something where my mother bought some shower curtain's from America on amazon and she ended up paying not only postage and packaging but the tax from both America and UK, I don't know jack squat about tax myself but if that's happened and they need to import it from it's origin country where they made the game itself then that could account for the prices somewhat but it would also seem horribly unfair considering the fact that we would be paying tax outside our respective country dood. :(
They didn't make me a prinny for my explosive personality dood's -_-

RocK_M
Vassal
Vassal

Postby RocK_M » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:42 am

Steilon wrote:Is there a double tax maybe? I think I remember something where my mother bought some shower curtain's from America on amazon and she ended up paying not only postage and packaging but the tax from both America and UK, I don't know jack squat about tax myself but if that's happened and they need to import it from it's origin country where they made the game itself then that could account for the prices somewhat but it would also seem horribly unfair considering the fact that we would be paying tax outside our respective country dood. :(

That sounds somehow a bit off. I've ordered stuff from Amazon and the price is usually as listed and only your *local* customs tax should apply. Unless the US tax was already included in the initial item's price.

That being said..

STOP GIVING THE TAX EXCUSE PEOPLE! xD

The increase in prices have NOTHING to do w/ taxes. Especially since additional shipping/customs taxes are applied *after* when you receive your item. The overinflated prices are because of ONE and only ONE reason.

Someone has arbitrarily decided that 1 USD is EQUIVALENT IN VALUE to 1 BP. Which is ridicilous even in the best of economic circumstances as a British Pound is more often than not almost 50% more than most currencies since its a "high value" currency. Just to put it into a (hyperbolic) perspective it's like someone from South Africa saying 1million SAD's on an apple converted into 1million USD *IS A FAIR SWAP* because 1million SAD's are grossly undervalued compared to USD. Yes it's a hyperbole of an example but the essence of the problem is there.

The main issue has and always been the 1 to 1 conversion means everything has been grossly overpriced in value. And until NISA and NISE address this it's not going to end well for NISE

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 am

Yeah, American tax isn't included in the price, so it's different.
Though no-one is saying the tax accounts for the price hike. It only accounts for a ~20% increase, not the 50%+ ones we have here.

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 am

It seems that NISE just view us as wallets then. I'm really disappointed this has still yet to be addressed.

I'm just going to say that I refuse to buy anything from the NISE store until the prices are fair and we get the same amount of merch as the US store which we can no longer order (thanks NISA, really wanted those Danganronpa shirts ~)

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”