NIS game releases for PC

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
Patryk
New Vassal
New Vassal

NIS game releases for PC

Postby Patryk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 am

Hello, there was recently a wish created for PC releases of NIS games, and I'm totaly for that idea, I'm such a big fan of the series and having all of the games, including those that I can't play (Disgaea 3 and up), would be the best thing ever! So, I created some very good reasons why it would be beneficial to NIS as a company to release their games on PC.

1. Releasing Disgaea and other NIS games on PC will broaden audience for their games overall. PC market is just so big right now with 51% market share and still growing, and there are so many rpg, tactical and strategy rpg fans on PC, and there was never such an amazing an unique game like Disgaea on PC, so I'm sure that many people would want to try it out, and I've seen a lot of Disgaea fans that would love to have them on PC as much as I would.

2. The graphics. I've seen a few NIS interviews that mentioned people complaining about them and I didn't even know that so many people do so, because it's about all about the amazing gameplay, it's always comes first in video games and something like graphics are secondary thing. On PC there are just to many people that simply don't care if the graphics are good or mediocre, because there is just so many types of games on PC. And with recent 8th generation of consoles there's just such a big push for bigger and better graphics, so all console gamers are mainly focused on that, unfortunately. On PC there's for example Dwarf Fortress, this game basically has no graphics at all! And there is so many dedicated fans playing it, just because the gameplay is superbly done.

3. Third and final thing is that strategy, tactical games and rpgs are just natural fit on PC. There's so many of them that I couldn't even name the number. I'm sure that many fans of the genres would just jump right into the series if Disgaea, and other NIS games were to be released on PC.

So, these are the biggest reasons why it would be beneficial for NIS to release their games on PC. Series would just become a lot more popular overall and NIS would gain many more dedicated fans. :D

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: NIS game releases for PC

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Go talk to NIS-J. NISA only handles localization of existing versions of existing to games.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Patryk
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Patryk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 pm

So there's no chance for them to give the word to them? There's many "wishes" on NIS America's site and most of them aren't exactly only localization based.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 pm

There is a higher chance now that NIS-J is developing games for the PS4, since they aren't messing around with cell architecture and now are dealing with a system that is much closer to PC the cost would be much lower.

It all comes down the cost and predicted sales (and let's be clear, sales in Japan). Since that cost will now be lower, it's certainly possible. Just let NISA know you're interested and get a group interested enough to vote with their wallets.

Patryk
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Patryk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:14 am

There are many PC gamers that would love to have Disgaea and other NIS titles who already voted on the NIS's wish site, and they've also presented few arguments why porting Disagea games could only be beneficial to NIS as a company.

http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=1140

I've also posted a link on NISA's facebook to Disgaea discussion on Steam, many people there also would love to have their titles, and that discussion was on Agarest: Generations of War community hub, so it's just goes to show again, that there's already many dedicated Disgaea fans on PC. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237890/di ... 694517580/

Professor Icepick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Professor Icepick » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:31 pm

I'd also like to throw in my support for releasing NIS games on PC via Steam. While I understand that NIS America can't really do any of this stuff on their own, it seems like they would be the most reliable means of informing NIS Japan about this. Considering the fact that we're seeing some other traditionally Japanese companies begin to embrace PC and Steam (SNK Playmore is an excellent example, and even long-time hold-out Arc System Works is on the verge of releasing a brand-new PC port), it would only make sense that Nippon Ichi followed suit as well.

Just to reiterate, I understand that NIS America can't really do anything about this, but if they could just pass this along to their Japanese branch, I'd really appreciate it.

NekoGamerX
Vassal
Vassal

Postby NekoGamerX » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:40 pm

I'd love to see all the Disgaea games on Steam. I've been a fan since the first Disgaea and I've got every single game all the way up to D2, which I loved. :D

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Well if NIS goes under I don't think it'll happen either way.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Professor Icepick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Professor Icepick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 am

BlancnOut wrote:Well if NIS goes under I don't think it'll happen either way.

All the more reason to start porting stuff to PC. Bigger audience = more sales. ;)

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 am

The hardware differences between PS3 and PC were... awkward, at best. This shouldn't be a problem in the future - and I think PC ports of their games would be a very wise move for the company, especially for their strategy titles.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ranker56
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ranker56 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I think they should at least try to port one of the first games to PC. I'm pretty sure it would sell well enough for them to port the other ones and make some money.

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:18 am

NIS refused to release PC games on steam so there relationship with compile hearts was destroyed Now compile hearts is releasing there hyper dimension rebirth games and Fairy fencer F on steam

maybe NIS should of listened instead of ignoring the developers and fans
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:NIS refused to release PC games on steam so there relationship with compile hearts was destroyed Now compile hearts is releasing there hyper dimension rebirth games and Fairy fencer F on steam

maybe NIS should of listened instead of ignoring the developers and fans

NIS has released games on steam in the past.
NISA still has a good relation with Compile Hearts, it's Idea Factory you're thinking of.
NIS would never have ported Idea Factory games to PC, Idea Factory develops their own games and it was their choice to port them to PC.
Idea Factory decided to publish their own titles in the US because it was more lucrative for them to do so, once they had the fanbase and infrastructure it made sense.
Fairy Fencer F is a Compile Hearts game published in the States by NISA, there is no plans for it to be ported to steam, it's sequel is planned for PS4 and there are no known plans to make that for PC either.

I agree that NIS should listen to their fans, but fans should also do their own due diligence to make sure they have an understanding of what's going on.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Actually, Fairy Fencer F IS coming to Steam. XD Not sure about the sequel, though. I don't think they've announced anything on that.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ranker56
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ranker56 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm

St0ck wrote:NIS has released games on steam in the past.

Yes Cladun x2 a game that most people don't even know of its existence, it doesn't seem like a very good game either.

They should be porting the first Disgaea games to PC.

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”