Members' Area Feedback Suggestions

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!
TeganGibby
New Vassal
New Vassal

Members' Area Feedback Suggestions

Postby TeganGibby » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Thought I'd throw this up here rather than in an e-mail. The Members area of the site is in need of maintenance. "Downloads" hasn't been updated in a long while (it should be pretty simple to throw some wallpapers together from the assets in the Press section). "Fan Submissions" hasn't been updated since I believe Last Rebellion. Obviously the forums work. "Pram's Wishlist" works fine, but the lack of blog update since 2011 makes it appear dead regardless of if it is. The Employee Blog link is of course completely dead.

If you aren't going to resurrect the Employee Blog, I'd advise removing the link from the section. It would probably be nice to have a few more downloads, but that's not a huge priority I can't imagine. I wonder if a new contest could revive the Fan Submissions? As far as Pram's Wishlist is concerned, a bimonthly update post on which wishes were approved or could not be done would be great - the only problem is that despite some fan-activity on it, you guys don't seem to be paying much attention to it (no approved items since 2011?). Honestly, it could probably do with a complete wipe and restart with a bit of indication as to what its purpose is, how often you'll check it, and what you'd like to do with it.

EDIT: Also, a quick bug report - looks like someone forgot something in phpBB! I'm pretty sure the confirm current password dialog probably shouldn't read "{ CURRENT_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN }"

EDIT2: Noticed yet another problem. Your art contest has conflicting information.

**All Artwork should be submitted in jpeg or PNG format for judging purposes. We will contact the winner for the original working file, so please hold onto your original file.

**Due to file size limitations, all artwork must be submitted in jpeg format for judging purposes.

I hope you see what I mean. Also, PNG is lossless as well, so if you're allowing PDF-format final submissions, I don't see why you couldn't also allow PNG-format. I'd advise also allowing GIMP and Paint.NET format images as well as vector images (usually SVG), as GIMP and PDN are free and extremely powerful (and you can export to PSD if you really need) while vector images can literally scale losslessly to any resolution (blowing it up to 100 feet wide at 1000dpi will work perfectly and show no artifacting or stretching).

EDIT3: Also, I'm almost 100% sure you can set certain boards to not count towards post count in phpBB. Thought I should mention that since in the Announcements thread about forum rank, the OP mentioned that using Random Chat to boost your rank was not allowed. You could just set Random Chat not to count towards post count and then you wouldn't have to worry about that at all.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Members' Area Feedback Suggestions

Postby lopez » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:36 pm

It'd be nice to see the NISA members get more involved with the blog and such, but that seemed more like an individual-based initiative.

Your best bet may be to send the support staff an email about your suggestions.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I think the problem is that NISA doesn't have any specific people to do these kinds of things.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

TeganGibby
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby TeganGibby » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:15 am

I wasn't sure if I should send a message to the support staff or post it here. I'm assuming the support staff regularly checks this - correct me if I'm wrong.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:52 pm

This is just me speculating and FYI I'm not directly involved with NISA, but I don't think anyone @NISA will be focusing on anything related to the forums for awhile. Sure, there's that Prinny Supervisor guy, but he seems more like a passive mod.

I still think shooting them an email might be the best bet. Like I said and Zeke elaborated on, there really isn't anyone specifically set to deal with this stuff. The last two guys (who left) went out of their way to relay forum users comments/concerns to the NISA staff.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:22 pm

They really should probably hire a sole CM (Community Manager). Most game companies have atleast one.

But I'm not sure NISA cares enough to want to put someone on an actual payroll for that.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:12 am

If they cared enough somebody in that position able to give that info would just do it for the fans/ customers out of there own free will but seeing as how NISA is lately terrible with there game testing and delivering patches that fix game breaking bugs months after release it's safe to say they don't care anymore
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 am

Sorry, by "care", I mean "think it is financially viable to create a payroll and hire a person whose sole responsibility is managing community affairs and PR".

I thought that was pretty clear, but I guess I needed to clarify further.

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:07 pm

i guess nobody knows how to take initiative to support the company they work for anymore

oh like it's really hard to take an hour out of there day and at least look at the important sections of there forum the feedback or game requests sections

you guys act like they are breaking rocks in prison for 18 hours a day or moving 30000 pounds of furniture a day
all there really doing is sitting at a computer translating games

and i see some people don't know how to write a proper reply and resort to memes that's fine it just shows there intelligence
Last edited by Etna_Uchiha on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:...
and i see some people don't know how to write a proper reply and resort to memes that's fine it just shows there intelligence

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

Nana
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Nana » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:all there really doing is sitting at a computer translating games

Yes, that's what a job is.

For the meantime, if you ever want a job where you can use your brain yourself, I might consider learning the difference between 'their, they're, and there.' The concept might be a bit above your age bracket, however.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say:
Last edited by Nana on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:that's fine it just shows there intelligence

四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:i guess nobody knows how to take initiative to support the company they work for anymore

oh like it's really hard to take an hour out of there day and at least look at the important sections of there forum the feedback or game requests sections

you guys act like they are breaking rocks in prison for 18 hours a day or moving 30000 pounds of furniture a day
all there really doing is sitting at a computer translating games

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm

OH OH! I want in!

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:35 pm

1MegaMan10 wrote:OH OH! I want in!

We're not just throwing in any ol' .gifs. There's a theme here, bub.

Return to “Feedback for NIS America”